Old March 13th 09, 10:33 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Default A Request of Ms. Polgar

Ms. Polgar's attorneys in San Francisco now have in their possession via
discovery provided by USCF counsel the "smoking gun" that evidences
Susan Polgar's soliciting Gregory Alexander to hack into Rand Hough's
email account. Ms. Polgar has been stating for months that the facts
will come out. I have not seen the actual smoking gun nor has most of
the USCF membership.

I ask Ms. Polgar to authorize her attorneys to release this evidence for
the membership to examine. It will presumably come out in the near
future when her deposition is taken under oath. So how about releasing
it now for the benefit of the membership so that it may be openly
informed of the actions of one of its elected board members?

Note to Ms. Polgar--please don't tell us there is no smoking gun or that
you don't know what it is. It's obvious and your counsel has it.
Old March 13th 09, 02:48 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess
Rob Rob is offline

On Mar 13, 5:33*am, "Mr.Vidmar" wrote:
Ms. Polgar's attorneys in San Francisco now have in their possession via
discovery provided by USCF counsel the "smoking gun" that evidences
Susan Polgar's soliciting Gregory Alexander to hack into Rand Hough's
email account. Ms. Polgar has been stating for months that the facts
will come out. I have not seen the actual smoking gun nor has most of
the USCF membership.

I ask Ms. Polgar to authorize her attorneys to release this evidence for
the membership to examine. It will presumably come out in the near
future when her deposition is taken under oath. So how about releasing
it now for the benefit of the membership so that it may be openly
informed of the actions of one of its elected board members?

Note to Ms. Polgar--please don't tell us there is no smoking gun or that
you don't know what it is. It's obvious and your counsel has it.

If you were defending Ms.Polgar as an attorney, how would you suggest
she respond to your unofficial request?
Old March 13th 09, 03:35 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Rob wrote:
[...]

I's sit her down in front of me and probably make the following points
and ask the following questions:

1. You lied to me when you said you had nothing to do with hacking into
Hough's account.

2. What else haven't you been up front about?

3. Can I trust anything you or your husband tell me?

4. The chances are that your exact words ordering Alexander's hacking
are going to come out eventually. How do you plan on dealing with the
fallout from that? How will TTU view those directions to Alexander?

5. If you have to plead the 5th Amendment at your deposition, are you
ready for the political fallout from that?

6. If there is an indictment, are you prepared to surrender your
passport as a condition for being granted bail?

7. If we are successful in getting the case transferred to Texas, are
you prepared for this to be increasingly covered in the Lubbock press?

8. Have you thought about using your frequent flyer miles for one way
tickets for you, Paul and the kids? Do you need a list of countries
with limited or no extradition treaties with the United States?

As to your question, Rob I don't think her attorney will tell her to
release the communication. Better to let it come out later in civil
discovery or be quoted in an indictment. Can't say I'd do differently as
her attorney.
Old March 13th 09, 04:36 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess
Rob Rob is offline

On Mar 13, 10:35*am, "Mr.Vidmar" wrote:
Rob wrote:
[...]

her attorney.- Hide quoted text -

An honest answer. I respect that.
Old March 14th 09, 01:17 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On Mar 13, 5:33*am, "Mr.Vidmar" wrote:
Ms. Polgar's attorneys in San Francisco now have in their possession via
discovery provided by USCF counsel the "smoking gun" that evidences
Susan Polgar's soliciting Gregory Alexander to hack into Rand Hough's
email account. Ms. Polgar has been stating for months that the facts
will come out. I have not seen the actual smoking gun nor has most of
the USCF membership.

I ask Ms. Polgar to authorize her attorneys to release this evidence for
the membership to examine. It will presumably come out in the near
future when her deposition is taken under oath. So how about releasing
it now for the benefit of the membership so that it may be openly
informed of the actions of one of its elected board members?

Yes, please GM Polgar, please publish the "smoking gun."

Old March 14th 09, 11:40 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On Mar 13, 5:33*am, "Mr.Vidmar" wrote:
Ms. Polgar's attorneys in San Francisco now have in their possession via
discovery provided by USCF counsel the "smoking gun" that evidences
Susan Polgar's soliciting Gregory Alexander to hack into Randall Hough's
email account. Ms. Polgar has been stating for months that the facts
will come out. I have not seen the actual smoking gun nor has most of
the USCF membership.

I ask Ms. Polgar to authorize her attorneys to release this evidence for
the membership to examine. It will presumably come out in the near
future when her deposition is taken under oath. So how about releasing
it now for the benefit of the membership so that it may be openly
informed of the actions of one of its elected board members?

Note to Ms. Polgar--please don't tell us there is no smoking gun or that
you don't know what it is. It's obvious and your counsel has it.

But, she gave permission a year ago! See below.

************
Monday January 21st, 2008
-----------------------------

Chessville received a letter from Susan Polgar on Sunday morning, Jan
20,
2008, stating the USCF's process of inquiry, of herself, and Paul
Truong's
complicity with the terms of the inquiry, and to correct a "blatant
misrepresentation" by Bill Goichberg. She ended by restating the
offer:-

"We give consent to the board and their attorneys to publish all
information they have about us relating to this case.
Everyone can then decide who is clean and who is not. Why not let the
USCF
members decide what the facts are? "
Old March 15th 09, 01:34 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

The Historian wrote:
[...]

Interesting. I'd forgotten about that. Thanks!
Old March 15th 09, 04:14 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On Mar 14, 8:34*pm, "Mr.Vidmar" wrote:
The Historian wrote:
[...]

No, thank P Innes, Ms. Polgar's official unofficial spokesman, for
posting the letter.