Old March 17th 09, 06:30 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

Default John Hillery has Emerged as the Biggest Supporter of Susan Polgar

WHO'S THE SLIMEBALL?

I have made a number of statements strongly critical of the Sloon.
Roughly speaking, I think he's worthless pile of manure who could best
serve the USCF by being skinned and turned into a leather board. --
JKH

For the record, it was Sam Sloan who nailed a former Board member for
serial cheating as a chess organizer. This Board member was forced to
resign.

For the record, it was Sam Sloan who warned that the move to
Crossville, Tennessee, would be the ultimate cross for the USCF to
bear. He predicted a cost of $750,000, which proved too low.

For the record, it was Sam Sloan who brought up the issue of trying to
alienate the building which the USCF supposedly owned in Cross-to-
Bear.

For the record, Sam's revelations got this writer to digging. Eight
weeks before the Board made the fact public, I reported here that the
new building --about 40 percent the size of the older structure in New
Windsor -- was going to cost $650,000, up from the earlier estimate of
$200,000 to $300,000. We sold the older, larger building well below
the price of the new building! At the time I was called a liar.
Eight weeks later, the Board confirmed THE SAME FIGURE of $650,000.

Then, as reported to me by a source(s), there was an inquisition to
find out who "leaked to Parr."

For the record, it was Sam Sloan who first broached the issue of a
sweetheart deal with a local good ol' boy architect in Cross-to-Bear.
Our Board and the insiders would not reveal the precise fee being paid
the architect. Sam blew the whistle, and this writer was able to find
out the figure -- an unbelievable fee of $60,000 to $65,000 for a
building originally estimated to cost $200,000 to $300,000.

Our chess politicos then announced AFTER my report that the fee would
be renegotiated DOWNWARDS with the local good ol' boy architect.
Then, as reported to me by a source(s), there was the accustomed
inqjuisition to find out who "leaked to Parr."

Instead of our politicians, including John Hillery, thanking this
writer for finding out the facts, there was the standard wave of
malevolent hatred.

Sam's term on the Board was a time when he revealed quite a few of the
dirty, little and big secrets (the above is a small sampling). John
Hillery and the political class will never forgive him.

John Hillery's violent imagery -- hoping to skin Sam and the like --
is an expression of hostility to someone who dared reveal numerous
crooked deals.

There will be those here who deny there were kickbacks to get that
architect his absurd $65,000 fee. The only issue is whether our
politicos got paid off in cash or in kind. For those who have been on
the inside of the Federation, the same may be said about our
tournament bidding process.

Yours, Larry Parr

wrote:
samsloan wrote:
How many have noticed the transformation of John Hillery?

He started out as just somebody who attacked everything I posted.

However, now that even some of the staunchest supporters of Susan
Polgar and Paul Truong are fading away, distancing themselves or
turning against them, John Hillery who posts here as
and who also posts at the USCF Issues Forum and at the Susan Polgar
owned and controlled group where few outsiders are allowed to post
www.chessdiscussion.com is now the strongest and just about the only
one left who actively defends Sudan Polgar

Even Mark Nibbelin and "George" no longer really defend Polgar, but
John Hillery shows his loyalty to Susan and stands by her side.

Multiple choice question: Is Sam Sloan a) a liar, b) a moron, or c)
psychotic? I have never made any statement supporting Polgar or
Truong. I have made a number of statements strongly critical of the
Sloon, Roughly speaking, I think he's worthless pile of manure who
could best serve the USCF by being skinned and turned into a leather
board.

I suppose we could give the little cur the benefit of the doubt (a
superhuman task hardly worth the effort) and conclude that his poor
reading skills led him to mistake my criticism of the rest of the
Board for support for Polgar. But that would just lead back to answer
"b."

Old March 17th 09, 07:11 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

wrote:
samsloan wrote:
[...]

How many Sloan lies and imbecilities will we need to list in order to
drown out his (very rare) hits? (I'll grant him Tanner.) Joe McCarthy
was right once in a while, but that didn't exactly justify his career.
You last paragraph, by the way, is a good example of both McCarthyism
and irresponsible yellow journalism. You are accusing people of
criminal acts without no evidence except your personal bile. They
rejected you, Larry. Get over it.

And, as an aside: How exactly do I qualify as a "politician"? I've
never held (or run for) any USCF office, nor had any desire to do so.
Your pet Sloan, on the other hand, has been slobbering for a chance to
get elected to something -- anything -- for decades. Not trait I
admire.

Old March 17th 09, 02:24 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

Default Sloon and his epigone

JKH IS DEFINITELY AN INSIDER

I don't favor special treatment for the insane. -- JKH

John Hillery resents being called a chess politician, yet he is a
reasonably well-known member of the Goichberg faction as well as a pal
of Jerry Hanken and Randy Hough in southern California. My indirect
appellation of the term to the man seems fair enough, and he generally
supports the status quo.

Concerning Sam Sloan, John H. is pretty much silent beyond uttering a
few more insults, granting him the rightful scalp of a former EB
member, etc.

In my message I offered a long list of Sam's revelations about
incompetence and crookedness re the move to Crossville. There are
also his many budgetary revelations over the years re the destruction
of the LMA and the enormous deficits being run by the Federation.
These postings of his have generally been all too accurate -- and
sadly so.

Yes, Sam also has gotten a lot of things wrong. Some of his reports
did not need to be wrong, such as the one about the non-death of GM
Peter Leko; other reports about insider dealings re Chess Cafe and the
battles therein have been both right and wrong. The mistaken reports
have nearly always been the result of prying into areas that are
considered "secret" in the Federation without any real financial
resources to check out stories in depth.

The fault, though partially belonging to Sam for such errors,
overwhelmingly lies with the politicians who work so hard to keep the
dirty linen inside the Federation drawer. Those who deny transparency
to American chessplayers are the primary villains, not the muckrakers
who make errors when trying to air the Scheisse-bekakt financial
underwear of the USCF.

Yours, Larry Parr

WHO'S THE SLIMEBALL?

Tough competition for that one, Larry

John Hillery's violent imagery -- hoping to skin Sam and the like --
is an expression of hostility to someone who dared reveal numerous
crooked deals.

This particular case is an expression of hostility toward someone who
told a bare-faced lie about me. I notice you don't bother to defend
him on that one. So tell us, Larry: What would your response be if I
were to write that "Larry Parr is the biggest supporter of Vladimir
Putin and the restoration of Communism"? Of course, you could point
out (correctly) that I didn't believe it, while your pet Sloan
probably does believe his nuttery. But I don't favor special treatment
for the insane.
.."

Old March 17th 09, 03:25 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

On Mar 17, 10:24*am, " wrote:
[...]

Thanks for this and the other letter describing a number of Sam
Sloan's accomplishments. I have long admired his witty writing and his
spirit of openness and adventure.

Regards,

Danny Purvis

Old March 17th 09, 05:44 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

On Mar 17, 10:24*am, " wrote:
[...]

Our Liary Parr hisses again with his patented brand of venom oiled
with his predictable pack of lies. You see Sam forecast it all. The
650K loss and what not: Forget that our Liary was the one predicting
this. You see, his unnamed sources (Donny the Weasel) had given him
these statistics but no more. Know, now we are supposed to thank Herr
Sloan. Forget that after the sale of the NY property we had a
pocketful of cash and a new building with plenty of parking. We are
supposed to believe that that thar leaky old fire trap in New Whimsy
was more than adequate. I mean after all we were able to suffice with
it and the building next door (that cost us over a $1,500 a month to
rent , insure and heat). Yes, our Liary, never one to let facts stand
in the way of rhetoric, wants us to believe now that all would be
hunky dory if we had just stayed in the Blue Mountains. Sheeesh, just
talk happy and all will be well.
Old March 17th 09, 10:07 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

wrote:
JKH IS DEFINITELY AN INSIDER

I don't favor special treatment for the insane. -- JKH

John Hillery resents being called a chess politician, yet he is a
reasonably well-known member of the Goichberg faction as well as a pal
of Jerry Hanken and Randy Hough in southern California. My indirect
appellation of the term to the man seems fair enough, and he generally
supports the status quo.

You're about twenty years out of touch, Larry. I get along fine with
Bill personally, but we disagree on almost every issue (other than
disdain for Sloan). As for Jerry Hanken --- get a clue. I don't resnet
the appelation, by the way; I just think it shows either stupidity or
tendentiousness on your part.

Concerning Sam Sloan, John H. is pretty much silent beyond uttering a
few more insults, granting him the rightful scalp of a former EB
member, etc.

I pointed out that he had lied about me. You continue to ignore this
simple fact.

In my message I offered a long list of Sam's revelations about
incompetence and crookedness re the move to Crossville. There are
also his many budgetary revelations over the years re the destruction
of the LMA and the enormous deficits being run by the Federation.
These postings of his have generally been all too accurate -- and
sadly so.

I know you've studied the technique of the Big Lie, but that doesn't
mean you have to use it. Repeating things won't make them true. To
take one example: the "destruction" of the LMA was never any kind of
secret. Several administrations in succession spent more than the USCF
was taking in, and "borrowed" from the LMA as an alternative to
borrowing from a bank. When Sloan started screeching about this, it
was old news to anyone who had been paying attention.

Yes, Sam also has gotten a lot of things wrong. Some of his reports
did not need to be wrong, such as the one about the non-death of GM
Peter Leko; other reports about insider dealings re Chess Cafe and the
battles therein have been both right and wrong. The mistaken reports
have nearly always been the result of prying into areas that are
considered "secret" in the Federation without any real financial
resources to check out stories in depth.

The fault, though partially belonging to Sam for such errors,
overwhelmingly lies with the politicians who work so hard to keep the
dirty linen inside the Federation drawer. Those who deny transparency
to American chessplayers are the primary villains, not the muckrakers
who make errors when trying to air the Scheisse-bekakt financial
underwear of the USCF.

Yours, Larry Parr

If I were to accuse Sloan of every crime in the penal code, most of
the charges would be wrong. One or two would be right. That would not
excuse my actions. Have you no shame, Larry?
Old March 17th 09, 10:22 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

wrote:

Yes, Sam also has gotten a lot of things wrong. Some of his reports
did not need to be wrong, such as the one about the non-death of GM
Peter Leko; other reports about insider dealings re Chess Cafe and the
battles therein have been both right and wrong. The mistaken reports
have nearly always been the result of prying into areas that are
considered "secret" in the Federation without any real financial
resources to check out stories in depth.

Lies are short, refutations are long. Some of us, unlike Larry, rely
on facts. Here are a few. Comments beginning "" are replies to
Sloan by Bill Goichberg. No doubt Larry will now come up with anopther
sound bit that will take three pages to debunk.

Virtually All USCF Financial Records have been Destroyed

When I ran for election to the USCF Executive Board, one of my key
campaign promises was that I would study the USCF financial records to
determine how and why the USCF has lost nearly two million dollars
since 1999 and to investigate the possibility that some of this money
may be recovered.

Though USCF management has left much to be desired during most of this period, the total lost was less that half of what Sloan states.

After I was elected, at my first meeting of the board, I politely
asked to be given certain documents, such as the Truong correspondence
and contracts under which the USCF ultimately paid $39,000 to Truong
and the AF4C contracts under which Eric Anderson agreed to sponsor the
US Championship.

In each case, I was informed that the documents could not be found.

He was informed that the office was having difficulty locating the contracts he wanted. Both were subsequently found and sent to the Board. The contract which Sloan refers to as paying "$39,000 to Truong" actually resulted in the payment of about $19,500, none of which went to Truong.

Finally, Executive Director Bill Hall confessed that virtually nothing
from the former USCF office in New Windsor New York had ever reached
the new USCF office in Crossville. The rest of the board was obviously
well aware of this. None of the other board members expressed surprise
at this starting revelation.

We didn't express surprise because that's not what Bill Hall said. The records were not well organized but no one suggested that they had disappeared.

I have since been asking around trying to find out how this could
possibly have happened. The best explanation that I can come up with
thus far is that after the vote by the old USCF board to move from New
Windsor, New York to Crossville, Tennessee, it was discovered that the
USCF did not have the money to hire professional movers to move all
the old archives and financial records from the New Windsor offices to
Crossville. As a result, a team of high school students led by Jay
Sabine, son of Harry Sabine, former USCF Vice-President and the
architect of the move to Crossville, was dispatched to New York to
move all the stuff. Upon arriving in New Windsor, they found that the
quantity of material that they were expected to move was huge, far
greater than they had anticipated.

USCF did use professional movers. Jay Sabine has never been to New Windsor in his life.

They were faced with a dilemma: They knew that the new incoming board
was opposed to the move to Crossville. They knew that if the move was
not completed by the time that the new board took office, the new
board would reverse the move and would stay in New Windsor.

Therefore, they had no choice in the matter. The only thing left to
do is to throw all the USCF files and records into the local garbage
dump, which is what they did.

There is only one little problem with this, which is that the
destruction of corporate financial records is a crime which may be
punishable by up to ten years in prison.

There is a bigger problem: no such thing ever happened.

We need to ask the following questions:

1. What was the role of USCF President Beatriz Marinello in this? She
had hired herself to supervise the move to Crossville. Was she aware
of the dumping of the records? Did she order it to be done? Did she
witness it? Did she participate in it?

2. The same questions must be asked of Grant Perks, who was Chief
Financial Officer at the time. Perks has been extremely upset at the
results of the election just concluded. Perks has been doing
everything in his power to stop Sam Sloan from being certified as a
member of the board. Now we understand the reason. Perks does not want
to spend time in prison and he obviously realizes that once Sam Sloan
gets on the board he is going to find out about this and make it
public.

3. Similar questions must be asked of Randy Bauer, who is always
writing about how he is Budget Director of the State of Iowa. Did
Bauer know about this? After Bauer lost his campaign for re-election
to the board in August 2005, he became Chairman of the Finance
Committee, a position he still holds. Bauer must have been aware of
this problem. Why has he remained silent?

4. The same questions may be asked of CPA William Brock, who was a
member of the Finance Committee until he resigned in protest to
Sloan's election? Is this the reason why Brock fought so long and hard
to stop Sloan from being elected? Is this why he resigned?

We cannot ask these questions of Tim Hanke, who was USCF VP of Finance
when these events occurred, because Hanke has skipped town, vanished
and disappeared. Is this the reason why Mr. Hanke is no longer
available.

Sloan's public speculation, with no evidence, that the above people may have committed a criminal act is outrageous.

Sloan later apologized to Jay Sabine and Grant Perks for his comments, but not to the others named. These apologies are very unusual for him; usually when proven wrong he simply changes the subject.

In view of these developments, it is not a surprise that the new
accounting firm hired by the USCF in Crossville still has not produced
a certified financial statement for the recently completed 2005-2006
fiscal year. It has been a standard rule that the CPA Report must be
ready in time for the USCF delegates meeting in August. This year, the
delegates were just given a small paper printout showing a small loss
and no details. Is this the reason why a certified financial statement
has not been prepared? Will it ever be prepared?

The certified CPA audited report was distributed at the annual meetings as usual, but Sloan apparently didn't notice. The lack of such a report would have been a major issue, yet Sloan said nothing about this at the Board meeting in Oak Brook the day after the delegates meeting.

Where exactly is the garbage dump or landfill located where the USCF
Financial Records were dumped? Can we still go to the garbage dump and
possibly locate some useful records?

Is it possible that some records were left behind in the basement of
the old building in New Windsor and that the new tenants have not
bothered to throw them out? Can they be recovered?

What about the computer hard drives where some records were
maintained? Have the computers been moved to Crossville or were they
dumped too? Can those records be recovered?

The records have all been located in Crossville, as expected.

Why has the new board been stonewalling about this problem? Why has
Sam Sloan been asked to hold off on revealing this?

Sloan imagines himself to be a crusader exposing the truth, and is fond of alleging attempts to cover up supposedly incriminating facts. Here as is typical, the allegedly concealed "problem" is nonexistant.

Old March 17th 09, 10:36 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

On Mar 17, 10:24*am, " wrote:

JKH IS DEFINITELY AN INSIDER

No, Mr. Parr, you can't slip away /that/ easily.
We all saw you type the word "politician" with
your own hands-- not "insider".

In my message I offered a long list of Sam's revelations about
incompetence and crookedness re the move to Crossville. *There are
also his many budgetary revelations over the years re the destruction
of the LMA and the enormous deficits being run by the Federation.
These postings of his have generally been all too accurate -- and
sadly so.

Yes, Sam also has gotten a lot of things wrong.

Who is responsible for this? We'll hunt him down
and if necessary, put the hurts to him to stop him
from destroying the pristine reputation of the infallible
Mr. Sloan! What's that you say? Mr. Sloan is the
one responsible? Uh...

In another recent thread, the Great Dr. IMnes
stabbed his old master in the back for being a
supporter of the ridiculous Mr. Sloan; of course,
the poor boy did not realize what he was saying
or that he was ridiculing his long-time boss, Mr.
Parr. Such is the hard life of these weasels, who
must toil away endlessly, just to keep from drown-
ing in their own swill... .

-- help bot
Old March 17th 09, 11:54 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

On Mar 17, 6:22*pm, wrote:
wrote:

[...]

Sloan imagines himself to be a crusader exposing the truth, and is fond of alleging attempts to cover up supposedly incriminating facts. *Here as is typical, the allegedly concealed "problem" is nonexistant.- Hide quoted text -

I think the problem of missing records had more to do with Frank
Niro's handshake deals then anything to do with a dump.