Old March 17th 09, 06:01 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,misc.legal,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

Default Polgar Has Appeared in the Springfield Illinois Case

Polgar has filed an appearance in the case USCF vs. Polgar in
Springfield Illinois.

Her sole appearance is a one line entry:
03/16/2009 Change of Venue Fee: $25.00 Filed by Defendant: SUSAN
POLGAR

Her attorney in San Francisco has stated that he will remove the case
to federal court and then have it transferred to Texas.

However, I have doubts as to whether he can do that. I do not know
about Illinois Law but I do know that most cases like this are tried
in the Delaware Chancery Court, because most public corporations are
incorporated in Delaware, and cases in Delaware Chancery Court cannot
be removed to federal court because only the state courts have
jurisdiction to remove the directors of a corporation.

And just in case our resident parking ticket judge thinks that I do
not know what I am talking about, I will have you know that I have
written a highly regarded book on this subject, entitled "How to Take
Over a Publicly Held Corporation".

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/boo...ean=1881373010