Old March 18th 09, 09:20 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,misc.legal,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

Default Brian Lafferty Constantly Threatens to Sue People

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianLafferty
Quote:
Originally Posted by DACP
Harry,

IMO, some (not all) of the allegations in that lawsuit do have
substance. That is unfortunate for all sides.

Is this appraisal based on direct knowledge that
will allow you to testify at deposition or trial or is it based on
something more removed from the allegations? Please advise. Thank
you.

Brian Lafferty
I agree with Donna and Ellen. I find these repeated implied threats of
legal action by Mr. Lafferty to be annoying. I think he should go back
to suing the other USCF, the United States Cycling Federation.

Old March 18th 09, 10:11 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,misc.legal,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

samsloan wrote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianLafferty
Quote:
Originally Posted by DACP
Harry,

IMO, some (not all) of the allegations in that lawsuit do have
substance. That is unfortunate for all sides.

Is this appraisal based on direct knowledge that
will allow you to testify at deposition or trial or is it based on
something more removed from the allegations? Please advise. Thank
you.

Brian Lafferty

I agree with Donna and Ellen. I find these repeated implied threats of
legal action by Mr. Lafferty to be annoying. I think he should go back
to suing the other USCF, the United States Cycling Federation.

Sam Sloan

I was thinking that she might find herself being called as a witness in
San Francisco or Lubbock.