Old September 19th 09, 01:44 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Default Mediation Has Ended

The mediator has filed notice with the court that mediation has ended
unsuccessfully and that no more mediation is contemplated.
Old September 19th 09, 02:00 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On Sep 18, 8:44*pm, MrVidmar wrote:
The mediator has filed notice with the court that mediation has ended
unsuccessfully and that no more mediation is contemplated.

What is the schedule for upcoming filings? Is there a court date yet
for the trial?
Old September 19th 09, 02:10 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On Sep 18, 8:44*pm, MrVidmar wrote:
The mediator has filed notice with the court that mediation has ended
unsuccessfully and that no more mediation is contemplated.

I'm just astonished. I would have thought that the mediation was the
best chance for the Polgars to escape this nightmare with dignity
intact. How can they possibly prevail at trial with no expert
witnesses? Are they really hoping for some relief through their
various technical motions? What could their legal strategy possibly
be? Could they really be hoping to outlast USCF, which has proven
throughout this long process to be a tenacious opponent? They must
really have deep pocket backers if they are so confident they can
outlast USCF! It seems that this game is nearing the endgame stage
with the Polgar side down a few pawns...

Old September 19th 09, 03:40 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,misc.legal,rec.games.chess.computer

On 9月19日, 上午8时44分, MrVidmar wrote:
The mediator has filed notice with the court that mediation has ended
unsuccessfully and that no more mediation is contemplated.

I am glad that the mediation has officially ended. The last mediation
session lasted 26 hours over two days and involved 13 attorneys. The
cost was astronomical, and nothing was achieved. Since then, the views
of both sides have hardened and there was no chance for further
progress.

Here are the two letters I wrote to the mediators in the last few
days, with copies to the attorneys for both sides:

I am hearing that there will be a further mediation session. However,
it does not appear that I have been notified.

Frankly, I fail to see the point of another mediation. Polgar and
Truong continue to claim that they are still on the board. Since they
want to go that route, I claim that I am still on the board, due to
the fraud they perpetuated when they got me voted off the board.

However, if they want to use the mediation to demand that they be put
back on the board, I do not think that is possible. I do not believe
that the defendants have the legal authority to put them back on the
board, as their appeal was rejected by the entire delegates. Also, two
of the current board members are not defendants in this case. Those
are the two who were elected in August.

I am now in Shenyang, China. I am staying in the Hanting Inn, 17
Liuzhou Street, Shenyang, Room 8218. Telephone number 22836777. If you
want to include me in a telephone conference call you can call me
here.

I have a flight reservation to return to America on September 22. Due
to the change in time zones since we are 12 hours ahead of you, I will
be at home in Bronx NY by the afternoon of February 22.

--
Sincerely,
Sam Sloan

Thank you.

Frankly, I see no point in further mediation. All sides have taken
rock -hard positions and are so far apart with no middle ground that
mediation just consumes lawyer fees.

May I remind you that last time 13 lawyers participated in the two-day
mediation session of 13 hours each day and ultimately no progress was
made.

I am still in Shenyang, China but my return date of September 22 is
absolutely firm. I cannot afford to stay here longer.

Old September 19th 09, 09:37 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On 19 Sep, 01:44, MrVidmar wrote:
The mediator has filed notice with the court that mediation has ended
unsuccessfully and that no more mediation is contemplated.

The mediator's notice:
"The voices blend and fuse in clouded silence: silence that is the
infinite of space: and swiftly, silently the soul is wafted over
regions of cycles of generations that have lived. A region where grey
twilight ever descends, never falls on wide sagegreen pasturefields,
shedding her dusk, scattering a perennial dew of stars. She follows
her mother with ungainly steps, a mare leading her fillyfoal. Twilight
phantoms are they yet moulded in prophetic grace of structure, slim
shapely haunches, a supple tendonous neck, the meek apprehensive
skull. They fade, sad phantoms: all is gone. Agendath is a waste land,
a home of screechowls and the sandblind upupa. Netaim, the holden, is
no more. And on the highway of the clouds they come, muttering thunder
of rebellion, the ghosts of beasts...Ominous, revengeful zodiacal
host!"
Old September 19th 09, 12:23 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,misc.legal,rec.games.chess.computer

samsloan wrote:
On 9月19日, 上午8时44分, MrVidmar wrote:
The mediator has filed notice with the court that mediation has ended
unsuccessfully and that no more mediation is contemplated.

I am glad that the mediation has officially ended. The last mediation
session lasted 26 hours over two days and involved 13 attorneys. The
cost was astronomical, and nothing was achieved. Since then, the views
of both sides have hardened and there was no chance for further
progress.

Sam, you have no idea what our side's position was. We were ready and
willing to appear and negotiate in good faith. That's all you know.

Old September 19th 09, 12:26 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,misc.legal,rec.games.chess.computer

samsloan wrote:
[...]

Congratulations, idiot. You just breached court ordered confidentiality
of the mediation process by publishing your communications with the
mediator. I hope Bowling notifies Judge Patel so that she can so advise
Judge Cummings.
Old September 20th 09, 12:17 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On Sep 19, 4:37*am, Offramp wrote:
[...]

If you can fashion these several thoughts into a single sentence, you
could enter it into the Bulwer-Lytton contest.

David Ames
Old September 20th 09, 01:51 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,misc.legal,rec.games.chess.computer

"Gordon Burditt" wrote in message
netamerica...

I'd like to suggest that the parties to this dispute: Sam Sloan,
Polgar, Truong, the entire Executive Board (everyone *claiming* to
be a member of it, without checking the validity of these claims),
the USCF, all the attorneys, and, if necessary, the entire membership
of the USCF be put in a locked courtroom until this dispute is
resolved

By pumping the room full of Zyklon-B.