Old September 30th 09, 09:08 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,misc.legal

Default Motion to Compel Lubbock Avalanche-Journal

On Aug 29, 11:44*am, MrVidmar wrote:

Who might the Little Birdy turn out to be?

You apparently believe that "Little Birdy" will turn out to be Paul
Truong. I believe that you might be mistaken.

The statements made by Little Birdy about me are similar or identical
to a statement made by Bill Brock about me. Bill Brock is not an ally
of Polgar or Truong.

Also, the statements by Little Birdy are similar to statements by Phil
Innes, Rob "the Robber" Mitchell, an anonymous poster named "Eddore"
on the Wikipedia Encyclopedia and by Gregory Alexander before he was
indicted.

Of course, Paul Truong has to be high on the list of suspects, but my
guess is that Little Birdy is not Paul Truong.

Old October 1st 09, 05:21 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,misc.legal

On Sep 30, 4:08*pm, samsloan wrote:
On Aug 29, 11:44*am, MrVidmar wrote:

Who might the Little Birdy turn out to be?

You apparently believe that "Little Birdy" will turn out to be Paul
Truong. I believe that you might be mistaken.

The statements made by Little Birdy about me are similar or identical
to a statement made by Bill Brock about me. Bill Brock is not an ally
of Polgar or Truong.

Also, the statements by Little Birdy are similar to statements by Phil
Innes, Rob "the Robber" Mitchell, an anonymous poster named "Eddore"
on the Wikipedia Encyclopedia and by Gregory Alexander before he was
indicted.

Of course, Paul Truong has to be high on the list of suspects, but my
guess is that Little Birdy is not Paul Truong.

Sam Sloan

I have to agree with Sam Sloan here. Little Birdy could have been
anyone.

Speaking of which, a comparison of email addresses for some of those
posters mentioned by Sam Sloan, addresses contemporary with the "Bell
South" troll postings that plagued the newsgroup before the FSS
appeared, is interesting. There's an ISP match for one, and the poster
appeared to stop using the Bell South ISP around the time the Bell
South troll posts stopped. I'm not skilled enough to try to match IP
addresses, so that might be a false lead.
Old October 1st 09, 05:44 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,misc.legal

On Oct 1, 12:21*am, The Historian wrote:
[...]

This brings up another subject.

Long ago I searched for those old Bell South postings and was unable
to find any.

Can you point me to a few of them, or at least one? Are they still
available?

At that time, we did not know that Paul Truong had a residence in
Florida and he was not a suspect.

Old October 1st 09, 09:36 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,misc.legal

On Sep 30, 1:08*pm, samsloan wrote:
On Aug 29, 11:44*am, MrVidmar wrote:

Who might the Little Birdy turn out to be?

You apparently believe that "Little Birdy" will turn out to be Paul
Truong. I believe that you might be mistaken.

The statements made by Little Birdy about me are similar or identical
to a statement made by Bill Brock about me. Bill Brock is not an ally
of Polgar or Truong.

Also, the statements by Little Birdy are similar to statements by Phil
Innes, Rob "the Robber" Mitchell, an anonymous poster named "Eddore"
on the Wikipedia Encyclopedia and by Gregory Alexander before he was
indicted.

Of course, Paul Truong has to be high on the list of suspects, but my
guess is that Little Birdy is not Paul Truong.

Sam Sloan

Aren't nearly all Wikipedia editors "anonymous"? Only a few
exhibitionists like the Sloon use their real names.
Old October 1st 09, 12:51 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,misc.legal

On Oct 1, 4:36*am, jkh001 wrote:
[...]

Bill Brock, I believe, used his real name when editing Wikipedia.

Old October 2nd 09, 12:46 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,misc.legal

On Oct 1, 4:51*am, The Historian wrote:
On Oct 1, 4:36*am, jkh001 wrote:

[...]

True. Of course, Bill /wanted/ the Sloon to know who was flaying him.
Most Wikipedia editors do not especially care to be harassed by
nutters like Sloan or his admirer A. Morrow.
Old October 2nd 09, 10:42 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,misc.legal

On Oct 1, 4:36*am, jkh001 wrote:

[...]

Out of curiosity, I did a spot check of a couple of Wikipedia pages.
Approximately 80% of the listed editors used handles, 20% used real
names or approximations thereof. I was too harsh in suggesting that
only malignant narcissists like the Sloon use their real names. I
shouldn't have said "only."