Old October 27th 09, 03:43 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Default The Romance of Leonardo Da Vinci

On Oct 26, 6:48*pm, David Ames wrote:
On Oct 25, 3:04*pm, samsloan wrote:

On Oct 25, 2:56*am, help bot wrote:

* All very interesting, Spam Sloan, but why did you
post it here, in rgc? * As its name suggests, this is
a forum for discussions regarding chess-- a subject
you did not even bother to mention above. *

* -- help bot

David Ames, best known for having an even score against Bobby Fischer
in tournament play, provides an excellent example of why I do this.

In my original submission to the printer, I spelled the name of the
author as either Dmitri Merejcovski or Dmitri Merejkowski. Both
spellings could be correct as the original name is in the Cyrillic
Alphabet.

However, thanks to Mr. Ames I have learned that the widely accepted
spelling is Dmitry
Merezhkovski. Therefore, I have been able to correct the spelling in
the text and cover before the book gets reprinted.

In short, I am counting on my tormentors here on rgcp to correct my
errors before my books go to press.

Sam Sloan

If you go towww.loc.govand look it up by title, you will find it
catalogued with a "y" in the author's family name rather than an "i."- Hide quoted text -

Classic Sam, throw some **** on the ceiling and see what sticks. Then
dance around as some of it comes back to earth.