Old November 9th 09, 01:52 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,misc.legal,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Default Donna Alarie Threatens Joe Lux and the USCF

There is a thread going on over on the USCF Issues Forum entitled
"USCF Governance". Unfortunately, it is hard to debate the issues
there because of fear of sanctions. Broad prohibitions against
"disparaging remarks" make it impossible for forum members to say what
they really think about the issues facing the USCF.

One Forum member of the FOC or "Forum Oversight Committee", Mulfish,
made the following comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulfish
The moderators must be sleeping well, because that's
the only explanation for this whole page still being visible. The
post in question is not only pullable, it is sanctionable in my
opinion.
However, I think that it is of vital importance that this thread be
left up. I have been quite concerned about Donna for some time. It
sometimes seems to be acting like a school-yard bully, saying you must
do things her way or else. Donna has in fact reported the USCF to
Governmental Agencies and I find in her recent words clear threats to
sue. Regarding the Pension/Profit Sharing Issue, while I was on the
board for one year I repeatedly asked for documentation on this issue.
I wanted to see evidence that the USCF actually has a Pension / Profit
Sharing Plan and that money was owed to anybody.

This goes two ways. My information is that the plan was canceled or at
least a decision was made not to fund it back in the 1980s. My
information also is that one former employee was paid double and
another person was paid more than $20,000 who was entitled to receive
nothing.

As a board member I repeatedly asked questions about this and never
got an answer of any kind.

Of course, the problem lies in the incompetence of the board and the
ED. We have an ED who has no business running any kind of
organization, and certainly not a complex organization like the USCF.
The Pension / Profit Sharing Plan issue was a hot issue when he first
took office in 2005. One would think that after four years it would
have been resolved. When I was on the board I was told many times that
the entire issue had been taken care of. This repeatedly turned out
not to be true.

Donna is part of the problem, not part of the solution. It is clear
that Donna has gone over to the other side. Every remark she makes on
the Polgar-Truong Lawsuit issues favors Polgar and Truong. Donna is a
destructive force within the USCF, not a helpful person at all.

Old November 9th 09, 02:52 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,misc.legal,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Donna is part of the problem, not part of the solution. It is clear
that Donna has gone over to the other side. Every remark she makes on
the Polgar-Truong Lawsuit issues favors Polgar and Truong. Donna is a
destructive force within the USCF, not a helpful person at all.

Sam Sloan

S'far as I can see, she 'reported' something irregular about pension
funds - a report which could be a request for guidelines or a
complaint of irregularity. Sine this would seem to be an entirely good
thing for the constituency of people to receive pensions... how this
is 'destructive' behavior and 'not part of the solution' [solution to
what?] is unclear )

As with the law-suits, the only thing USCF have to fear from
transparency is if they are complicit in any wrong-doings, no?

Phil Innes

Old November 9th 09, 09:13 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,misc.legal,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On Nov 9, 9:52*am, ChessFire wrote:

Donna is part of the problem, not part of the solution. It is clear
that Donna has gone over to the other side. Every remark she makes on
the Polgar-Truong Lawsuit issues favors Polgar and Truong.

There ought to be a law against consistency.

Donna is a destructive force within the USCF, not a helpful person at all.

S'far as I can see, she 'reported' something irregular about pension
funds - a report which could be a request for guidelines or a
complaint of irregularity. Sine this would seem to be an entirely good
thing for the constituency of people to receive pensions... how this
is 'destructive' behavior and 'not part of the solution' [solution to
what?] is unclear )

As with the law-suits, the only thing USCF have to fear from
transparency is if they are complicit in any wrong-doings, no?

Mr. Sloan seems to have no end of problems with
the "moderators" at the USCF discussion groups.

I am wondering how Dr. IMnes fares there (if He is
a participant there)? Is it possible for substantive
discussions to take place when people who may
have developed strong personal biases can "erase"
one's postings on a whim? And is constructive
criticism allowed there, provided that it is free of
the smear and invective so typical of clans, such
as rgc's old Evans ratpack? Or is it basically im-
possible to discuss matters when all "negativity",
including constructive criticism, is outlawed by the
reigning USCF sheriff and his posse?

There is also the small matter of certain people
/deliberately/ being slow to pull the plug. Just for
instance, say I am Cheif Honcho USCF moderator
and I hate Sam Sloan; he posts something I don't
like and I *instantly* erase it. But then along
comes somebody who also hates Mr. Sloan, and
she posts something nasty about our mutual en-
emy, and I /deliberately/ allow it to stand a while,
before pulling it (as I eventually must). Only a
mindless ro bot can do this job without any bias;
I may have a cousin who is in need of a good job.

-- help bot