Old November 27th 09, 03:55 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

Default Sixth American Chess Congress, New York 1889

I sent this book to the printers yesterday, Thanksgiving Day, where I
spent Thanksgiving in the company of my devoted computer.

This book of the New York 1889 Chess Congress by William Steinitz will
be out and published by the middle of next week.

I expect that this book will be my best selling chess book because it
is otherwise unavailable.

If you want this book relatively inexpensively, you should buy in the
Barnes and Noble website below now, because they are offering it at $9
below list price. They always offer my books at a deeply discounted
pre-publication price for one or two days. Since you know that the
book will be out in three days more, you will not have to wait long.

Sam Sloan

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/boo...SBN=4871878473
http://www.amazon.com/dp/4871878473
Old November 27th 09, 08:40 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

samsloan wrote:

If you want this book relatively inexpensively, you should buy in the
Barnes and Noble website below now, because they are offering it at $9
below list price. They always offer my books at a deeply discounted
pre-publication price for one or two days. Since you know that the
book will be out in three days more, you will not have to wait long.

Put this info into all your announcements. I have always noted that the
book was unavailable even if interested in buying it, but never
understood the discount or the time window of the discount.

I think you will generate more customers if you put this piece of
information in all your announcements.
Old November 27th 09, 10:03 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

On Nov 27, 9:55*am, samsloan wrote:
I sent this book to the printers yesterday, Thanksgiving Day, where I
spent Thanksgiving in the company of my devoted computer.

This book of the New York 1889 Chess Congress by William Steinitz will
be out and published by the middle of next week.

I expect that this book will be my best selling chess book because it
is otherwise unavailable.

If you want this book relatively inexpensively, you should buy in the
Barnes and Noble website below now, because they are offering it at $9
below list price. They always offer my books at a deeply discounted
pre-publication price for one or two days. Since you know that the
book will be out in three days more, you will not have to wait long.

Sam Sloan

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/boo.../dp/4871878473

This book was rare even in the 19th century, since it was consciously
designed to be of value for collectors. It was supposed to be for
congress subscribers only, and the plates were destroyed after I
belive 500 copies were sold. It is a very good book and hard to fined.

Jerry Spinrad
Old November 28th 09, 01:25 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

I gotta admit that I am gonna buy this one....
Old November 28th 09, 02:57 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

On Nov 27, 8:25*pm, Offramp wrote:
I gotta admit that I am gonna buy this one....

Better buy it now at:
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/boo...SBN=4871878473

I have not figured out their system or even if they have one, but
right now they are offering it for $20.21

I believe that by tomorrow or possible the next day it will be a
dollar more.

My price on Amazon, when it comes on Amazon in a few days, will be
$34.95.

Old November 28th 09, 12:22 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

Better buy it now at:http://search.barnesandnoble.com/boo....asp?ISBN=4871...

I have not figured out their system or even if they have one, but
right now they are offering it for $20.21

I believe that by tomorrow or possible the next day it will be a
dollar more.

My price on Amazon, when it comes on Amazon in a few days, will be
$34.95.

Sam Sloan

You see!

Now they are no longer offering it.

When they say "For a Limited Time Only", they really mean for a
limited only.

Only one of my books is still being offered at a pre-publication
discount.

That is Napoleon by Emil Ludwig.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/boo...SBN=4871878503

Perhaps this has something to do with Thanksgiving Weekend and Black
Friday.

Old November 28th 09, 12:35 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

On Nov 27, 9:57*pm, samsloan wrote:
On Nov 27, 8:25*pm, Offramp wrote:

I gotta admit that I am gonna buy this one....

Better buy it now at:http://search.barnesandnoble.com/boo....asp?ISBN=4871...

I have not figured out their system or even if they have one, but
right now they are offering it for $20.21

I believe that by tomorrow or possible the next day it will be a
dollar more.

My price on Amazon, when it comes on Amazon in a few days, will be
$34.95.

Sam Sloan

Now, it says:

"This item is currently out of stock."

I do not know what that means, unless they got a few pre-publication
copies of my book, and have sold them already.

Old November 29th 09, 10:39 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

On Nov 27, 9:57*pm, samsloan wrote:

I believe that by tomorrow or possible the next day it will be a
dollar more.

My price on Amazon, when it comes on Amazon in a few days, will be
$34.95.

Sam Sloan

When are you coming out with your autobiography Sam?

Usually it's written when the author is close to senility and
therefore can't hurt his or her reputation any more, or close to
death, but in your case I'm sure that's not a factor.

RL
Old December 9th 09, 09:57 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

The Book of the Sixth American Chess Congress, New York 1889, is out:

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/boo...SBN=4871878473

http://www.amazon.com/dp/4871878473

This tournament was a 20 player double Round-Robin Featuring the
Strongest Players in the World at the Time. All 432 games played in
this event are annotated by William Steinitz, who was the World Chess
Champion.

This book will make an ideal Christmas Present for a chess player
because it can be guaranteed that the chess player will not already
have it, unless he somehow has the original book published in 1891.

It is best to buy it at Barnes and Noble Bookstores now because they
are offering it right now at a deep discount and a much lower price
than other booksellers.

Best to order it now because this deep discount will not last long.

Sam Sloan

Old December 10th 09, 12:01 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

samsloan wrote:
[...]

That link isn't worth **** -

here is the correct one:

http://www.amazon.com/Book-Sixth-Ame...0403019&sr=1-2