Old January 24th 10, 05:21 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

Default A Complete Victory

WE NEED MORE SUCH COMPLETE VICTORIES

--What weasel told you it was a half of a million bucks? If true we
should kick them all out. They have engaged in an awful
mismanagement
of the Federation's scarce resources. This is the biggest scandal
since Hankin dropped his drawers in an executive session. They
deserve
no better than to be censored, branded, screwed blue, and tattooed.
I'm with Larry: Let's crucify the weasels. Of course that is
assuming
it was anywhere near $500,000. -- Stan Booz ("none")

If the USCF has won a "complete victory" then what could be more
healthy for the Federation? Why, more complete victories. At about
$600,000 a crack. We need to begin a discussion about how to secure
more of these complete victories.

Any ideas? Certainly, there must be questions for a class action
lawsuit over Board members making legal decisions to protect
themselves.

Anti-USCF? Not at all. For complete victories, if such they are,
can only strengthen the Federation.

Or, perhaps, there was no complete victory at all. That: it was a
bloody disaste, as a result of the egotistical stubbornness of, first
and foremost, Bill Goichberg.

There need to be new EB elections following the resignation of the
Board.

Certainly, the USCF must research the possibility of seeking legal
damages from Board members who okayed expenditure of funds and who
were also protecting themselves.

I believe some members will pursue further legal action. Every
Board conversation and decision needs to be explained in full in the
broad daylight of sunshine and publicity. We need to see the
correspondence of Board members when attending to any and all
Federation business, their emails among themselves when discussing any
Federation related business of any kind and satisfy ourselves that
these people were not participants in criminal activities using USCF
resources and funds to promote said activities.

We know that the board will not cooperate. Therefore, it is vital
to begin discussions about how to secure that cooperation.

Yours, Larry Parr

Old January 24th 10, 06:49 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

No ****? Who besides Sam Sloan?

Old January 24th 10, 08:41 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc
sd sd is offline

On Jan 24, 12:49*pm, None wrote:
On Jan 24, 12:21*pm, " wrote:

WE NEED MORE SUCH COMPLETE VICTORIES

*I believe some members will pursue further legal action.
*Yours, Larry Parr

No ****? Who besides Sam Sloan?

Liarry is intimately acquainted with all of his fellow malcontents.
Old January 24th 10, 09:06 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 09:21:16 -0800 (PST), "

There need to be new EB elections following the resignation of the
Board.

For a contrasting but balanced viewpoint, I think Donna Alarie's
synopsis of this question, posted over on the USCF forums, is worthy
of note. I have her permission to repost it he

Quote:

It's really quite easy to look at how much was spent after the fact
and say that somewhere along the line something different should have
happened. Unfortunately, each step of the way led to a new set of
issues and expenses.

Primarily, the first problem for USCF was that Mr. Truong was alleged
to be the FSS while being on the EB of USCF. That created a huge
conflict...how to remove a sitting member, investigate the issue, and
at the same time not expose USCF to liability by any number of
individuals and or organizations who were targeted by the FSS.

Part of the reason for USCF paying for the defense of third parties
also had a contributing factor that some of the parties would have a
potential case against USCF for being a target of the FSS.

Personally, I don't agree with the money spent in CA, but then again I
also don't think USCF could ignore the hacking into the email system
which was in turn taking USCF's confidential litigation strategies and
blasting them out to the internet.

At the end of the day, the post mortem would be that Mr. Truong could
have resigned two years ago and saved everyone a lot of stress,
energy, and money. He didn't. USCF made decisions based upon knowledge
it had at the time that the decisions were made and none of those
decisions would have been made lightly...they had the advice of high
powered attorneys. Nobody would have envisioned that someone who had
filed bankruptcy twice would have stayed the course for so long or
that upon the filing of criminal charges in CA, that the case would
have continued without settlement. Also, could anyone have predicted
that a settlement couldn't be reached prior to revocation of
memberships?

While there's a lot that wasn't necessarily the best outcome for USCF,
the fact remains that we are not the USCF Litigation Society and many
of the individuals involved were personally sued as well as the
organization. It's not like USCF has ever had a lot of experience in
this venue.

I don't see any point to asking board members to resign nor do I see a
point in censure either. The vast majority of the USCF members did not
live in this personal #### for the past two years and several of the
parties who were put there did nothing more than the best they could
for this organization during this time.

Similarly, I don't expect that all the EB members will get full
support should they decide to run for re-election, but then again,
after this experience, I don't expect that all of them will want to be
in this position for another term either.

We need to move forward. We need to learn how to protect this
organization so that any similar type of situation cannot reoccur. And
we need to build. USCF only has three candidates for the upcoming
election and for quite some time, it looked like there may have only
been two. In order to get more (as in numerically more) qualified
individuals to come forward, we need to look towards the future as to
how to make the position one which is desirable to obtain, one which
attracts strong leaders and then the strong leaders will be the ones
who will be elected.
Old January 24th 10, 09:12 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

On Jan 24, 1:49*pm, None wrote:
On Jan 24, 12:21*pm, " wrote:

WE NEED MORE SUCH COMPLETE VICTORIES

*I believe some members will pursue further legal action.
*Yours, Larry Parr

No ****? Who besides Sam Sloan?

Wrong idea Rafferty. Right idea is not who brings the suit, but
against whom or what conspiracy to defame. Get it yet?

Phil Innes

Old January 25th 10, 12:01 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

On Jan 24, 10:21*am, " wrote:
[...]

No Larry is disagree: Sam Sloan was how we got into this mess *THEN*
Bill Goichberg!!!
Old January 25th 10, 01:09 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

On Jan 24, 4:06*pm, Mike Murray wrote:

[...]

[/quote]

Bravo!

I don't see any need for the current EB to resign.
Old January 25th 10, 03:06 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

* * I believe some members will pursue further legal action.

You can count on that.