Old February 1st 10, 04:44 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,alt.politics.libertarian,talk.politics.libertarian,nyc.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

Default Time to Bring out the Sam Sloan Relatives

Now that I am running for Governor as a Libertarian Party candidate,
it seems like a good time to bring up my famous relatives.

Here is the statue of Sam Sloan near the PATH Train station in
Hoboken NJ

http://www.anusha.com/sam-sloan-statue-hoboken.jpg

Here is the plaque on the statue. It reads:

SAM SLOAN
1817-1907
FOR THIRTY-TWO YEARS PRESIDENT
OF THE DELAWARE, LACKAWANA &
WESTERN RAILROAD COMPANY
1867-1899
PRESENTED BY JOHN HENRY STARIN

http://www.anusha.com/plaque-on-sam-sloan-statue.jpg

Here is the Inside Wall of the former Citibank headquarters at 55 Wall
Street. Notice my name at the bottom.

Inside Wall of Citibank at 55 Wall Street

THE NATIONAL CITY BANK
OF NEW YORK
ORIGINAL CHARTER DATED 1812
DIRECTORS

CLEVELAND H. DODGE JACOB H. SCHIFF
JAMES STILLMAN EDWARD H. HARRIMAN
HENRY A. L. TAYLOR MOSES TAYLOR
WILLIAM ROCKEFELLER GEORGE W. PERKINS
FRANCIS M. BACON EDWIN S. MARSTON
M. TAYLOR PYNE CYRUS H. McCORMICK
Wm DOUGLAS SLOANE PATRICK A. VALENTINE
JOHN W. STERLING HENRY C. FRICK
CHARLES S. FAIRCHILD JAMES A. STILLMAN
JAMES H. POST FRANK A. VANDERLIP
STEPHEN S. PALMER JOSEPH P. GRACE
SAMUEL SLOAN
DECEMBER 21, 1904

http://www.anusha.com/inside-wall-of-citibank.jpg
Old February 1st 10, 11:20 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,alt.politics.libertarian,talk.politics.libertarian,nyc.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

On 1 Feb, 04:44, samsloan wrote:

Here is the statue of Sam Sloan near the PATH Train station in
Hoboken NJ

Hence the phrase psycho-PATH.
Old February 2nd 10, 02:39 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,alt.politics.libertarian,talk.politics.libertarian,nyc.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

On Feb 1, 6:20*am, Offramp wrote:
On 1 Feb, 04:44, samsloan wrote:

Here is the statue of Sam Sloan near the PATH Train station in
Hoboken NJ

Hence the phrase psycho-PATH.

I thank you for that humor.
Old February 2nd 10, 10:56 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,alt.politics.libertarian,talk.politics.libertarian,nyc.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

On Jan 31, 11:44*pm, samsloan wrote:
Now that I am running for Governor as a Libertarian Party candidate,
it seems like a good time to bring up my famous relatives.

snip
Sam, I have a question.
Please explain to me, like I was a 5 year old, how you can run for
Governor of New York State when you have filed motions in California
stating you reside there.

Old February 2nd 10, 11:09 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,alt.politics.libertarian,talk.politics.libertarian,nyc.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

THE SAME WAY

Sam, I have a question. Please explain to me, like I was a 5 year
old, how you can run for Governor of New York State when you have
filed motions in California stating you reside there. -- Javert

The same way that Obama can declare that KSM will get a fair trial in
New York while announcing that he is guilty and will be fried.

On Jan 31, 11:44*pm, samsloan wrote: Now that I am running for Governor as a Libertarian Party candidate,

Old February 4th 10, 06:56 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,alt.politics.libertarian,talk.politics.libertarian,nyc.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

On Jan 31, 9:44*pm, samsloan wrote:
[...]

Yep, time to bring out them ol' Sloans and air them out, and dust them
off. Too bad for you that you can't take credit for their work, and
are nothing like them.
Old February 4th 10, 07:00 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,alt.politics.libertarian,talk.politics.libertarian,nyc.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

On Jan 31, 9:44*pm, samsloan wrote:
Now that I am running for Governor as a Libertarian Party candidate,
it seems like a good time to bring up my famous relatives.

Here is the statue of Sam Sloan near the PATH Train *station in
Hoboken NJ.

Is it too much to hope for that you'll jump into the PATH of a moving
Train?!?