Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old February 1st 10, 04:40 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: Nov 2007
Posts: 232
Default The Nightmare is OVER...

With the expiration of my membership, I no longer have to be associated
with the loonies that are the USCF.

I can play chess if I wish, even play tournaments and never have to give
another nickle to you wannabe organizers.

No more to the US Confederation of ****ups.

I'd have to be careful about the door hitting me on the way out, if you
didn't have to hock the door to pay for your litigation.

  #2   Report Post  
Old February 1st 10, 11:31 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: Jan 2010
Posts: 2
Default The Nightmare is OVER...

Hi, Paul!
  #3   Report Post  
Old February 1st 10, 11:51 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: Aug 2009
Posts: 122
Default Buh bye

If that is how you feel, you are doing the right thing. I'm sure you won't
be missed.


  #4   Report Post  
Old February 2nd 10, 04:21 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
sd sd is offline
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: Jun 2009
Posts: 922
Default Buh bye

On Feb 1, 5:51*pm, "Teddybear" wrote:
If that is how you feel, you are doing the right thing. *I'm sure you won't
be missed.


Yes, he certainly seemed like he had the positive attitude needed to
bring about needed change.

I wonder if anyone has ever considered that the membership might be
holding the organization back more than the leaders? Some of them,
perhaps too many, like our friend who seems to be glad not to be a
member, seem to just want, want, want, for themselves, with little
thought of what they could give back to the game.

  #5   Report Post  
Old February 2nd 10, 06:12 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: Nov 2007
Posts: 232
Default Buh bye

On 2/1/10 8:21 PM, sd wrote:
On Feb 1, 5:51 pm, wrote:
If that is how you feel, you are doing the right thing. I'm sure you won't
be missed.


Yes, he certainly seemed like he had the positive attitude needed to
bring about needed change.

I wonder if anyone has ever considered that the membership might be
holding the organization back more than the leaders? Some of them,
perhaps too many, like our friend who seems to be glad not to be a
member, seem to just want, want, want, for themselves, with little
thought of what they could give back to the game.


You should go check out my posts in the past *YOU CAN GOOGLE THEM*. I
never started this negative. Nope I was a happy pie eyed new member.

And you can blame me and *US* all you want. I never drove you guys to
this. I travelled have the country so that my son could go to a
national. I gave, money, time and effort. With no real high
expectation. But um, no the organization didn't just take. They kill
the game. They steal the money. They sap the will.

It is absolutely crap like this, absolute ZERO understanding of my
capitulation, and the cautionary tell it might bring. This is the downfall.

The good news I can still play chess, get rated, and never give a dime
to the current yahoos, the yahoos that run, and the yahoos that populate
this place and apparently anyother website.

The good news, I am actually very active locally, and up till now tried
to keep a good face about the USCF. Now, I will hardky recommend other
outlets for the time money and effort of my friends! Chessplayers, and
soon not to be USCF members! Wee haw!

What a bunch off douchebags you all are. Blaming the customers! LOL.


  #6   Report Post  
Old February 2nd 10, 01:41 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: May 2006
Posts: 3,026
Default The Nightmare is OVER...

DROPOUTS

With the expiration of my membership, I no longer have to be associated with the loonies that are the USCF...I'd have to be careful about the door hitting me on the

way out, if you didn't have to hock the door to pay for your
litigation. -- johnny_t

Unlike our departing friend, I want the USCF door to give me a push
back into the Federation. I would love to rejoin, but I will not so
long as the USCF de facto supports drug testing in chess. That was
the last straw.

The moment the USCF finally starts to apply ADM-64 for real for
our FIDE delegates to vigorously oppose testing at ALL international
meets, I will rejoin the Federation and also make a donation to the
U.S. Chess Trust.

Yours, Larry Parr

-


johnny_t wrote:
With the expiration of my membership, I no longer have to be associated
with the loonies that are the USCF.

I can play chess if I wish, even play tournaments and never have to give
another nickle to you wannabe organizers.

No more to the US Confederation of ****ups.

I'd have to be careful about the door hitting me on the way out, if you
didn't have to hock the door to pay for your litigation.

  #7   Report Post  
Old February 2nd 10, 03:03 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,381
Default The Nightmare is OVER...

On Feb 2, 8:41*am, " wrote:
DROPOUTS

With the expiration of my membership, I no longer have to be associated with the loonies that are the USCF...I'd have to be careful about the door hitting me on the


way out, if you didn't have to hock the door to pay for your
litigation. -- *johnny_t

Unlike our departing friend, I want the USCF door to give me a push
back into the Federation. I would love to rejoin, but I *will not so
long as the USCF de facto supports drug testing in chess. *That was
the last straw.

* * *The moment the USCF finally starts to apply ADM-64 for real for
our FIDE delegates to vigorously oppose testing at ALL international
meets, I will rejoin the Federation and also make a donation to the
U.S. Chess Trust.

Yours, Larry Parr


Before the current troubles I read of an interesting idea in the NY
Times Gambit blog. A master wrote in asking why cc ratings were taking
8 months to be published? He then suggested employment of an
omgoodsman to resolve the issue of having paid for this service, then
the service not being supplied to him and the entire cc community.

What a good idea, I thought - especially for a non-profit to resolve
its service/membership problems objectively and impartially, and an
idea that might keep more players in the fold rather than drop out.

I signally failed to interest Randy Bauer in the idea when he was
running for the board - this idea of binding arbitration would,
looking back, perhaps have saved a million bucks in legal fees these
past few years.

In terms of Larry Parr's remarks above, an omgoodsman could also
attend to insuring that USCF's ADMs be enacted, rather than simply
nodded at or become merely a hypothetical posture, while in some cases
the USCF board acts in other ways. Obviously an omgoodsman would need
to be independent of any group within USCF, but be responsible to
resolve disputes such as in this specific instance on drug testing.

I wonder what degree of encouragement adding this feature to USCF
would have on currently or past dissatisfied membership - to wit: if
you thought your issue could be fairly and impartially resolved,
without secret committee contributions, would you be encouraged to
stay or reinstate your membership?

Phil Innes


  #8   Report Post  
Old February 2nd 10, 03:39 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: May 2006
Posts: 3,390
Default The Nightmare is OVER...

On Tue, 2 Feb 2010 07:03:28 -0800 (PST), ChessFire
wrote:

Obviously an omgoodsman would need
to be independent of any group within USCF, but be responsible to
resolve disputes such as in this specific instance on drug testing.


While I agree with Larry's anti-drug-testing position, I'm skeptical
that an ombudsman is the appropriate vehicle to set Federation policy.
I've always thought of an ombudsman as one who represents an aggrieved
individual through the bureaucratic thicket, not as a corporate policy
maker.
  #9   Report Post  
Old February 2nd 10, 03:40 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,256
Default The Nightmare is OVER...

On Feb 2, 10:03*am, ChessFire wrote:

Before the current troubles I read of an interesting idea in the NY
Times Gambit blog. A master wrote in asking why cc ratings were taking
8 months to be published? He then suggested employment of an
omgoodsman to resolve the issue of having paid for this service, then
the service not being supplied to him and the entire cc community.


"Omgoodsman"? Don't see that in any dictionary I can access, either
printed or online. Do you mean perhaps ombudsman?
  #10   Report Post  
Old February 2nd 10, 03:57 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,073
Default The Nightmare is OVER...

On Feb 2, 10:40*am, Taylor Kingston
wrote:
On Feb 2, 10:03*am, ChessFire wrote:



Before the current troubles I read of an interesting idea in the NY
Times Gambit blog. A master wrote in asking why cc ratings were taking
8 months to be published? He then suggested employment of an
omgoodsman to resolve the issue of having paid for this service, then
the service not being supplied to him and the entire cc community.


* "Omgoodsman"? Don't see that in any dictionary I can access, either
printed or online. Do you mean perhaps ombudsman?


It's Old English. Or Andean Spanish. I'm sure Philsy will explain.
Reply
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Biggest state secret of China, divulged on the Internet Plato Been rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) 56 August 15th 08 06:12 AM
Free China! Plato Been rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) 7 August 4th 08 07:14 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 ChessBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Chess"

 

Copyright © 2017