Old February 3rd 10, 02:53 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics

Default CXR announce free chess rating service

I wonder what would happen if someone sent in fake results

using fake
names to this service? What sort of quality assurance measures

would
be taken to ensure the validity of the participants and

results?

The purpose of CXR is to provide players and their coaches with useful
information to help optimize their training and development. The
dozens of metrics, graphs, and analytics (dynamically generated by our
artificial intelligence programming which takes into account
everything we know about a player) can pinpoint weak spots and special
strengths in the many dimensions of a player's skill and psyche. CXR
is not for show and tell ("my rating is higher than yours, ha-ha-ha");
it is for those who are serious about improving. If someone wants to
fool us with elaborate schemes and false results, they are wasting
time and money, and defeating the entire purpose of CXR service.
Whatever they do to boost or to sandbag their ratings is pointless; it
has NO EFFECT on your USCF or FIDE rating. We make best efforts to
deter and to detect fraud, and communicate with our affiliate
officials regularly. But we do not pretend to be "the chess police".
Ultimately, faked ratings are exposed in open, over-the-board play.

Russ Mollot
founder, Chess Express Ratings ("CXR")
www.cxrchess.com