Old March 4th 10, 10:20 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Default How do you request open records in Texas?

Sample Texas Open Records Act Request
Dear ,
This is a request under the Texas Open Records Act, chapter 552 of the
Government Code (formerly V.T.C.S. article 6252) as well as Article I,
Sec. 8 of the Texas Constitution, the First Amendment to the United
States Constitution, the common law of the State of Texas and any
statue providing for public access to government information:
I request that I be sent copies of the following documents or, if
there are a large number, be permitted to inspect the following
documents and receive copies of the ones I would like:
documents you want
If you have any questions about the nature or scope of this request,
please call me at the phone number listed below. If you determine that
all or some portion of the information requested is excepted from
required disclosure, I request that you provide me with the portions
of the requested information that are public and reasonably segrable
from that which you believe is excepted. If any records are in active
use or in storage, please certify this fact in writing and set a date
and hour within a reasonable time when the records will be available,
as required by section 552.221 of the Act.
If you determine that all or some portion of the information requested
is excepted from required public disclosure under a particular
exception, I request that you advise me as to which exceptions you
believe apply. If you rely on previous determination, please advise me
of the applicable court decision or Attorney General's opinion. If
there is no such determination, please advise me of the request for
such an opinion, as required under section 552.301 of the Act, and a
dated copy of your letter to the Attorney General. I call your
attention to section 522.353 of the Act, which provides penalties for
a failure to release public records.
I am prepared to pay reasonable costs for copying, within the
guidelines set by sections 552.261, 552.262, 552.263, 552.267,
552.268, 552.269.
I appreciate your attention to this and expect to hear from your
office within ten days.
Yours Sincerely,
Old March 4th 10, 10:37 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

On Mar 4, 3:20*pm, NONE wrote:
[...]

552.353. FAILURE OR REFUSAL OF OFFICER FOR PUBLIC
INFORMATION TO PROVIDE ACCESS TO OR COPYING OF PUBLIC
INFORMATION. (a) An officer for public information, or the
officer's agent, commits an offense if, with criminal negligence,
the officer or the officer's agent fails or refuses to give access
to, or to permit or provide copying of, public information to a
requestor as provided by this chapter.
(b) It is an affirmative defense to prosecution under
Subsection (a) that the officer for public information reasonably
believed that public access to the requested information was not
required and that the officer:
(1) acted in reasonable reliance on a court order or a
written interpretation of this chapter contained in an opinion of a
court of record or of the attorney general issued under Subchapter
G;
(2) requested a decision from the attorney general in
accordance with Subchapter G, and the decision is pending; or
(3) not later than the 10th calendar day after the date
of receipt of a decision by the attorney general that the
information is public, filed a petition for a declaratory judgment,
a writ of mandamus, or both, against the attorney general in a
Travis County district court seeking relief from compliance with
the decision of the attorney general, and a petition is pending.
(c) It is an affirmative defense to prosecution under
Subsection (a) that a person or entity has, not later than the 10th
calendar day after the date of receipt by a governmental body of a
decision by the attorney general that the information is public,
filed a cause of action seeking relief from compliance with the
decision of the attorney general, and the cause is pending.
(d) It is an affirmative defense to prosecution under
Subsection (a) that the defendant is the agent of an officer for
public information and that the agent reasonably relied on the
written instruction of the officer for public information not to
disclose the public information requested.
(e) An offense under this section is a misdemeanor
punishable by:
(1) a fine of not more than
$1,000;
(2) confinement in the county jail for not more than
six months; or
(3) both the fine and
confinement.
(f) A violation under this section constitutes official
misconduct.

Added by Acts 1993, 73rd Leg., ch. 268, 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1993.
Amended by Acts 1995, 74th Leg., ch. 1035, 25, eff. Sept. 1,
1995.
Old March 4th 10, 10:40 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

On Mar 4, 3:37*pm, NONE wrote:
On Mar 4, 3:20*pm, NONE wrote:

[...]

"B" misdemanor, same as Terroristic Threats to Blow Up a power
comapny.
I am hunting Hudspeth County officials email

MArcus Roberts
Old March 5th 10, 04:01 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

snip

"B" misdemanor, same as Terroristic Threats to Blow
Up a power comapny.
I am hunting Hudspeth County officials email

MArcus Roberts

Did you threaten to blow up a power company Marcus? That seems to be a
silly and unproductive thing to do. Most people just pay their bill and
enjoy the Air Conditioning. Why have you made such a mess of this?
Threatening and being a bully will rarely win you friends or ensure
cooperation from others. Fighting the power company and the courts is an
unproductive use of your time, and a waste of resources.

I would rethink if I were you....