Old March 14th 10, 10:08 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Default letter to Kubinski

Marcus Roberts
PO BOX 961029
El Paso, Texas 79996

Kubinski & Associates, P.C.
10514 Montwood Drive
El Paso, Texas 79935

March 14, 2010

**CERTIFIED MAIL**

7009 2250 0001 5830 3517

Dear Mr. Kubinski

This letter is a threat to file suit against you. If you do not
refund the 4,000 dollar retainer paid to you, I will sue you and your
law firm. You are in breach of your contract with me to provide fixed
cost legal services. If you want to leave the case, simply refund the
amount of the retainer. I accuse you and your law firm of extortion,
and I am informing the United States Attorney for purposes of criminal
prosecution. Do not call me ever again. A lawsuit will be filed
against you on April 1, 2010 without a full refund check at my post
office box. You are dishonest and corrupt attorney.

Sincerely,

Marcus Roberts
Old March 14th 10, 10:20 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

On Mar 14, 4:08*pm, NONE wrote:
[...]

I demand the ORIGIONAL copy of my legal file. If this is not recieved
by April 1, 2010, I will sue you and your law firm.

Sincerely,

Marcus Roberts
May I obtain my file from my lawyer?
• Yes. Although many lawyers refuse to turn over the file to the
client, the file is clearly considered to be the property of the
client - - not the lawyer. The client’s file includes all
correspondence, memos, pleadings, notes, and all other documents or
materials which may have been included in the file. Resolution Trust
Corp. v. H- - - -, P.C. (128 F.R.D. 647 N.D. Tx. 1989); and Hebisen v.
State, 615 S.W. 2d 866 (Tex.Civ.App.-Houston 1981, no writ). This
includes notes made by the lawyer and any legal memoranda or other
documents created by the lawyer. Further, the client is entitled to
the original file - - not merely a copy of the file. If the lawyer
wishes to keep any portion of the file, the lawyer may copy the file
at the lawyer’s own expense. Resolution Trust Corp. 128 F.R.D. at 649.
There is an exception to this rule if the lawyer is claiming a lien
against the file for amounts due from the client for professional
services and expenses. However, even under these circumstances, a
lawyer may only retain the file if the retention of the file will not
prejudice the client in the subject matter of the representation. Rule
1.15 (d) Texas Rules of Professional Conduct. top

Old March 15th 10, 10:52 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Marcus,

I think you are correct, your attorney did make one huge mistake. You don't
really need a lawyer, you need a shrink far more than you need a lawyer. He
should never have taken you on as a client.