Old March 20th 10, 12:05 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Default Shooting Death of "Chess Champion" rated 763

The Atlanta Constitution Journal has reported the arrest of a murder
suspect in the shooting death of high school chess champion Anthony
Beavers.

http://www.examiner.com/x-8375-Atlan...chess-champion

Beavers was rated 763 by the United States Chess Federation.

http://www.uschess.org/msa/MbrDtlMain.php?13952292

Old March 20th 10, 12:58 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On Mar 20, 8:05*am, samsloan wrote:
The Atlanta Constitution Journal has reported the arrest of a murder
suspect in the shooting death of high school chess champion Anthony
Beavers.

http://www.examiner.com/x-8375-Atlan...2010m3d19-East...

A sad thing. Seems to have been almost a random event, a killing all
the more cold-blooded for being so casual.

Beavers was rated 763 by the United States Chess Federation.

http://www.uschess.org/msa/MbrDtlMain.php?13952292

I suppose he may have attended a high school that had few players,
the proverbial big frog in a small pond. His one USCF-rated event was
the Unrated section of the 2008 National High School Championships, in
which he scored +3 -3 =1, tying for 47th-57th place out of 93.
Old March 20th 10, 02:46 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

http://www.examiner.com/x-8275-Atlan...2010m3d19-East...

http://www.uschess.org/msa/MrDlMain.php?13952292

* I suppose he may have attended a high school that had few players,
the proverbial big frog in a small pond. His one USCF-rated event was
the Unrated section of the 2008 National High School Championships, in
which he scored +3 -3 =1, tying for 47th-57th place out of 93.

Show us the game scores or admit that you and Sam are making this up.
Old March 20th 10, 03:38 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

wrote:
On Mar 20, 8:05 am, samsloan wrote:

The Atlanta Constitution Journal has reported the arrest of a murder
suspect in the shooting death of high school chess champion Anthony
Beavers.
http://www.examiner.com/x-8275-Atlan...2010m3d19-East...

A sad thing. Seems to have been almost a random event, a killing all
the more cold-blooded for being so casual.

Beavers was rated 763 by the United States Chess Federation.
http://www.uschess.org/msa/MrDlMain.php?13952292

I suppose he may have attended a high school that had few players,
the proverbial big frog in a small pond. His one USCF-rated event was
the Unrated section of the 2008 National High School Championships, in
which he scored +3 -3 =1, tying for 47th-57th place out of 93.

Show us the game scores or admit that you and Sam are making this up.

He's tragically dead and he did play chess. Enough said, IMO.
Old March 20th 10, 03:43 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

wrote:
On Mar 20, 8:05 am, samsloan wrote:

The Atlanta Constitution Journal has reported the arrest of a murder
suspect in the shooting death of high school chess champion Anthony
Beavers.
http://www.examiner.com/x-8275-Atlan...2010m3d19-East....
* A sad thing. Seems to have been almost a random event, a killing all
the more cold-blooded for being so casual.

Beavers was rated 763 by the United States Chess Federation.
http://www.uschess.org/msa/MrDlMain.php?13952292
* I suppose he may have attended a high school that had few players,
the proverbial big frog in a small pond. His one USCF-rated event was
the Unrated section of the 2008 National High School Championships, in
which he scored +3 -3 =1, tying for 47th-57th place out of 93.

Show us the game scores or admit that you and Sam are making this up.

He's tragically dead and he did play chess. *Enough said, IMO.- Hide quoted text -

Speaking of, what ever became of that moron that was threatening to
take a gun to a tournament? Forsythe maybe?

Old March 20th 10, 05:01 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

wrote:
[...]

Mr. Forsythe's computer is in the hands of the FBI under a criminal
search warrant and is presently being forensically examined by the FBI,
per the advice we received yesterday from the FBI. We have now
effectively had two school venues cancel our use of their facilities due
to Mr. Forsythe's threats. So, the FBI is still investigating.
Old March 20th 10, 11:48 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Speaking of, what ever became of that moron that was threatening to
take a gun to a tournament? Forsythe maybe?

Mr. Forsythe's computer is in the hands of the FBI under a criminal
search warrant and is presently being forensically examined *by the FBI,
per the advice we received yesterday from the FBI. *We have now
effectively had two school venues cancel our use of their facilities due
to Mr. Forsythe's threats. *So, the FBI is still investigating.

I'm dying to know MrVidmar how did you get this information?? Truly
impressive. Have you got a mole feeding you the info?!?
Old March 21st 10, 01:12 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Bobcat wrote:
Speaking of, what ever became of that moron that was threatening to
take a gun to a tournament? Forsythe maybe?

Mr. Forsythe's computer is in the hands of the FBI under a criminal
search warrant and is presently being forensically examined by the FBI,
per the advice we received yesterday from the FBI. We have now
effectively had two school venues cancel our use of their facilities due
to Mr. Forsythe's threats. So, the FBI is still investigating.

I'm dying to know MrVidmar how did you get this information?? Truly
impressive. Have you got a mole feeding you the info?!?

As a MACA board member, I have been in contact with the FBI regarding
Mr. Forsythe. More will come out about the matter down the road.
Patience is a virtue.
Old March 21st 10, 01:34 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On Mar 20, 9:12*pm, MrVidmar wrote:
Bobcat wrote:
Speaking of, what ever became of that moron that was threatening to
take a gun to a tournament? Forsythe maybe?
Mr. Forsythe's computer is in the hands of the FBI under a criminal
search warrant and is presently being forensically examined *by the FBI,
per the advice we received yesterday from the FBI. *We have now
effectively had two school venues cancel our use of their facilities due
to Mr. Forsythe's threats. *So, the FBI is still investigating.

I'm dying to know MrVidmar how did you get this information?? Truly
impressive. Have you got a mole feeding you the info?!?

As a MACA board member, I have been in contact with the FBI regarding
Mr. Forsythe. *More will come out about the matter down the road.
Patience is a virtue.

While on the subject of Polgar's poodles, what's the latest on Gregory
Alexander?