Old March 24th 10, 01:54 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Default Fishi Press to Steal another Copyright

I just noticed this announcement from the famous publishing house Fishi
Press:

I will be reprinting Differential and Integral Calculus by Richard
Courant. I do not have to pay royalties on that one and indeed I am
prohibited from paying royalties because it was published in Nazi
Germany in 1936 and therefore payment of royalties is prohibited under
the Trading With the Enemies Act.

Expect the book out in two weeks.

Sam Sloan

This book is the greatest calculus textbook ever written. No doubt Sloan
will make such a claim in his new copyrighted introduction, even though
the book is way above his head. But in this case he will be right.

Courant has written quite a few other superb books. No doubt all
of them will soon be available from Fishi Press under fake Copyright.

Old March 24th 10, 02:02 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

On Mar 24, 9:54*am, Jürgen R. wrote:
I just noticed this announcement from the famous publishing house Fishi
Press:

I will be reprinting Differential and Integral Calculus by Richard
Courant. I do not have to pay royalties on that one and indeed I am
prohibited from paying royalties because it was published in Nazi
Germany in 1936 and therefore payment of royalties is prohibited under
the Trading With the Enemies Act.

Expect the book out in two weeks.

Sam Sloan

This book is the greatest calculus textbook ever written. No doubt Sloan
will make such a claim in his new copyrighted introduction, even though
the book is way above his head. But in this case he will be right.

Courant has written quite a few other superb books. No doubt all
of them will soon be available from Fishi Press under fake Copyright.

Have Courant call me and we will make a deal.
Old March 25th 10, 09:44 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

samsloan wrote:
[...]

Since all of his books are currently in print it seems rather unlikely that
he has any use for you and your fraudulant operation. However, you
can write to him anytime, c/o Saint Peter.

Old March 25th 10, 09:52 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

On Mar 25, 5:44*am, Jürgen R. wrote:
samsloan wrote:
[...]

None of his books are in print. This one certainly is not. I was
fortunate to be able to obtain a two-volume set in mint condition.

Old March 25th 10, 02:27 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Jürgen R. wrote:

I just noticed this announcement from the famous publishing house Fishi
Press:

Get ****ed Jurgen you nazi **** - we won the war & **** you, you kraut
arsehole - go fuk the merkel bitch in her mean little pursed mouth you
nazi **** - fuk u big time babe ..

m.

Old March 25th 10, 02:55 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

micky wrote:

Jürgen R. wrote:

I just noticed this announcement from the famous publishing house Fishi
Press:

You people are such losers !

Eh.. I mean there's the First World War - ya didn't win that - ya dig ?

Then of course there's the 2nd WW wiv spitfires 'n stuff - 'n we made
pretty sure of you there ...

Losers..

m.
Old March 26th 10, 05:01 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

On Mar 24, 9:54*am, Jürgen R. wrote:
I just noticed this announcement from the famous publishing house Fishi
Press:

I will be reprinting Differential and Integral Calculus by Richard
Courant. I do not have to pay royalties on that one and indeed I am
prohibited from paying royalties because it was published in Nazi
Germany in 1936 and therefore payment of royalties is prohibited under
the Trading With the Enemies Act.

Expect the book out in two weeks.

Sam Sloan

This book is the greatest calculus textbook ever written. No doubt Sloan
will make such a claim in his new copyrighted introduction, even though
the book is way above his head. But in this case he will be right.

Courant has written quite a few other superb books. No doubt all
of them will soon be available from Fishi Press under fake Copyright.

It would be interesting to know if the edition sold in the States is
an edition which may have been copyright under British law by entry
(or deposit?) at Stationers Hall.

David Ames
Old March 26th 10, 05:25 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

On Mar 26, 1:01*pm, David Ames wrote:
[...]

I do not know British copyright law but I know US Copyright Law very
well.

Under US law, reprints are irrelevant and have no effect. The
copyright goes to the original publication which in this case was 1936
in Germany. Under the law in effect at that time it could be renewed
on the 28th year for another 28 years. This particular copyright was
not renewed, however.