Old March 26th 10, 06:24 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics

Default Paid chess coaches needed!

MESSAGE FROM SCOTT FRENEAUX IN PHOENIX

Due to demand from districts/schools in the Phoenix metro area, we are
hiring full and part-time coaching positions to start August 1, 2010.
Full-time coaches can earn upwards of $35,000 annually, depending on
their talent, work ethic and number of hours teaching. Coaches start
at $40 minimum per teaching hour and range up to $110 per teaching
hour. For those accepted, we provide extensive training.

Some of our coaches have been teaching with us for 10 years or more.
Applicants selected receive 8 to 10 schools and 85 to 165 students in
their base.

Submit by: 4/21/2010 if interested

The Chess Emporium

10801 N. 32 St. Suite 6
Phoenix, Az 85028

Please include your phone number and the best time to reach you, and
we will call you after we've received your resume and do an interview
by phone. Please do not call the store, as we are very busy and our
administrative staff will not be able to answer any questions
concerning new coach applicants.
Old March 26th 10, 06:33 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics

On 26 Mar, 18:24, " wrote:

Full-time coaches can earn upwards of $35,000 annually...

A guaranteed $35,000 a year for a chess player is very good!
Old March 26th 10, 09:39 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics

On Mar 26, 11:33*am, Offramp wrote:
On 26 Mar, 18:24, " wrote:

Full-time coaches can earn upwards of $35,000 annually...

A guaranteed $35,000 a year for a chess player is very good!

Well, first you have to pay for the training, don't you?
And "you can" does not mean that you will. Will you really
get a full time position? And anyway, $40/h translates
into $20K per year IF you work super-full time, 8h/day
- EIGHT CONTACT HOURS per day, which is much more than
a regular TEACHER's full load, much-much more.

But sure, go for it! :-)

Wlod
Old March 26th 10, 11:26 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics

On 26 Mar, 18:24, " wrote:

Full-time coaches can earn upwards of $35,000 annually...

A guaranteed $35,000 a year for a chess player is very good!

Well, first you have to pay for the training, don't you?
And "you can" does not mean that you will. Will you really
get a full time position? And anyway, $40/h translates
into $20K per year IF you work super-full time, 8h/day
- EIGHT CONTACT HOURS per day, which is much more than
a regular TEACHER's full load, much-much more.

But sure, go for it! :-)

Wlod

You aren't very good at arithmetic, are you?
Old March 27th 10, 02:34 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics

On Mar 26, 5:39*pm, "Wlodzimierz Holsztynski (Wlod)"
wrote:

Full-time coaches can earn upwards of $35,000 annually...

A guaranteed $35,000 a year for a chess player is very good!

Offramp is delusional. No such guarantee was stated.

Well, first you have to pay for the training, don't you?
And "you can" does not mean that you will. Will you really
get a full time position? And anyway, $40/h translates
into $20K per year IF you work super-full time, 8h/day
- EIGHT CONTACT HOURS per day, which is much more than
a regular TEACHER's full load, much-much more.

There is a simple trick to estimating how much an hourly wage is
equivalent to in terms of yearly earnings but Wlod as we might
expect
has screwed up the simplest of things, the basic math.

Here is how it works in reality: you take the '40' dollars per hour
and
double it, giving '80.' Now, add on a bunch of zeros so you are in
the
proper range: tens of thousands of dollars per year. If a person
made
eight dollars per hour, worked fourty hours per week and fifty weeks
per
year with two unpaid weeks off per year, he would earn 7 X 2 =
fourteen
thousand dollars per year. In the example above, a flat rate of $40/
hr
at fourty hours per week and fifty weeks per year (with two weeks off
at
no pay) gives eighty grand per year.

But forget about that. You can do much better by first winning
the
world championship title and then charging $4,000 per hour, times a
hundred hours of 'work' per year, which comes to $400,000! After
blowing off Uncle Sam and moving to Panama you can retire in comfort
with a villa, a cook, a gardener and a Chihuahua. If the money runs
out
you can write a chess book or two. Your clothing expenses would be
basically limited to swim trunks, sandals, and a Panama hat. Name
the dog "Gambit" or something.

Old March 27th 10, 02:41 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics

On Mar 26, 10:34*pm, The Master wrote:

After blowing off Uncle Sam and moving to Panama you can retire in
comfort
with a villa, a cook, a gardener and a Chihuahua. If the money runs
out you can write a chess book or two. Your clothing expenses would
be
basically limited to swim trunks, sandals, and a Panama hat. Name
the dog "Gambit" or something.
-------------------

But wait, why does he need a villa to live in? I'm sure he'd be quite
comfortable in one of the many trees in the rainforest.

Old March 27th 10, 03:18 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics

On Mar 26, 10:41*pm, None wrote:

*After blowing off Uncle Sam and moving to Panama you can retire in
comfort
with a villa, a cook, a gardener and a Chihuahua. *If the money runs
out you can write a chess book or two. *Your clothing expenses would
be
basically limited to swim trunks, sandals, and a Panama hat. *Name
the dog "Gambit" or something.
-------------------

But wait, why does he need a villa to live in? I'm sure he'd be quite
comfortable in one of the many trees in the rainforest.

Good point.

In my example I originally had $7 per hour but then realized that
might fall below
the current minimum wage so I changed it to $8 per hour.
Unfortunately I did not
also change the part where I wrote '7 X 2' to '8 X 2', which equals
sixteen grand per
year. This was NOT bait with which to catch the notoriously petty
Taylor Kingston.

Uno petite problemo with Panama is the heat. Another is earthquakes
-- the country
is situated on the ring of fire. As for insects, as you know they
can simply be eaten
or blasted with a flamethrower. The real problem is the jaguars--
they are as tough
as nails in a fight and if you happen to leave your Rambo knife at
home you are in for
quite a tussle before it will finally retreat back into the jungle.
Old March 27th 10, 03:57 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics

The OP wrote:
"Full-time coaches can earn upwards of $35,000 annually..."

"Upwards of" means it cannot go below that figure.
Old March 27th 10, 04:18 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics

On Mar 26, 11:57*pm, Offramp wrote:

"Full-time coaches can earn upwards of $35,000 annually..."

"Upwards of" means it cannot go below that figure.

And what is the meaning of the term 'can'? Do you imagine it to
mean
'will', 'must', or 'are guaranteed to'? Who do you imagine these
guarantors
to be, where do you imagine they live and what do you in your mind
imagine
they eat? If you answered beans, from a giant beanstalk, that they
live in
the clouds and are evil giants, I think I may be able to tell you
where your
delusions have originated. Remember that cow you took to market and
traded for a mere handful of 'magic' beans, Jack? The same beans
your
angry mother threw out the kitchen window? Well, up that beanstalk
with
you, lad! Bring back the goose that lays golden eggs.

I hereby retract my vote for Phil Innes. The prize should go to
this guy.
No, wait. It's a tie. We'll have to divide the first prize (a
giant house of
cards) in half.

Old March 27th 10, 08:04 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics

On 26 Mar, 18:24, " wrote:

Full-time coaches can earn upwards of $35,000 annually...

A guaranteed $35,000 a year for a chess player is very good!

Well, first you have to pay for the training, don't you?
And "you can" does not mean that you will. Will you really
get a full time position? And anyway, $40/h translates
into $20K per year IF you work super-full time, 8h/day
- EIGHT CONTACT HOURS per day, which is much more than
a regular TEACHER's full load, much-much more.

But sure, go for it! :-)

* * Wlod

You aren't very good at arithmetic, are you?

Indeed, I divided by 2 instead of multiplying. My bad.

Wlod