Old March 31st 10, 07:29 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics

Default Chessmaster Sentenced

FORT COLLINS - A judge Tuesday sentenced former Fort Collins chess
master Robert Snyder to at least 12 years and possibly life in the
custody of the Department of Corrections after fleeing the country
following a pedophilia conviction.

http://www.9news.com/news/article.as...5623&catid=339

Old March 31st 10, 02:28 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics

On Mar 31, 2:29*am, " wrote:
FORT COLLINS - A judge Tuesday sentenced former Fort Collins chess
master Robert Snyder to at least 12 years and possibly life in the
custody of the Department of Corrections after fleeing the country
following a pedophilia conviction.

http://www.9news.com/news/article.as...5623&catid=339

As a Libertarian, if elected, I would have let him stay in Belize,
where he was married to a police officer and gainfully employed
teaching chess to children.

Remember that he originally pleaded guilty as part of a deal. He was
never tried and convicted. Had he not been featured on "America's Most
Wanted" he would still be down in Belize, probably bothering nobody.

Old March 31st 10, 02:35 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics

On Mar 31, 9:28*am, samsloan wrote:
On Mar 31, 2:29*am, " wrote:

FORT COLLINS - A judge Tuesday sentenced former Fort Collins chess
master Robert Snyder to at least 12 years and possibly life in the
custody of the Department of Corrections after fleeing the country
following a pedophilia conviction.

http://www.9news.com/news/article.as...5623&catid=339

As a Libertarian, if elected, I would have let him stay in Belize,
where he was married to a police officer and gainfully employed
teaching chess to children.

Um, Sam, isn't this a bit like saying you'd let a chess-teaching fox
stay in the henhouse?

Remember that he originally pleaded guilty as part of a deal. He was
never tried and convicted. Had he not been featured on "America's Most
Wanted" he would still be down in Belize, probably bothering nobody.

Yes, pedophiles never commit further offenses after the first wrist-
slap. I presume you'll be enrolling your own kids in Snyder's class?
Old March 31st 10, 03:24 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics

On Mar 31, 2:29*am, " wrote:

[...]

With pedophiles, "one strike and you're out" is the only thing that
makes sense. Any job or avocation, anywhere, any time, for life,
based on contact with children must be off limits. Violate that and
it's back in the slammer... indefinitely. It's not a matter of
choice, sin, redemption, whatever -- the wiring in a pedophile's
nervous system is just screwed up. A cure might well be possible --
but we haven't yet seen one generally accepted by society.
Old March 31st 10, 03:32 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics

samsloan wrote:
On Mar 31, 2:29 am, " wrote:
FORT COLLINS - A judge Tuesday sentenced former Fort Collins chess
master Robert Snyder to at least 12 years and possibly life in the
custody of the Department of Corrections after fleeing the country
following a pedophilia conviction.

http://www.9news.com/news/article.as...5623&catid=339

As a Libertarian, if elected, I would have let him stay in Belize,
where he was married to a police officer and gainfully employed
teaching chess to children.

Remember that he originally pleaded guilty as part of a deal. He was
never tried and convicted. Had he not been featured on "America's Most
Wanted" he would still be down in Belize, probably bothering nobody.

Sam Sloan

Pleading guilty has the same effect as if he was tried and convicted.
In fact, it's even more compelling than his having been found guilty
after a trial. That's because in open court, he admitted his guilt, on
the record under questioning form the presiding judge. Had he gone to
trial, he could have refused to testify and protested that the jury
wrongly convicted him. He can't do that after admitting his guilt in
open court.

As to leaving him in Belize to quite probably molest additional minors,
your "libertarian" view is sicko, Sam. As a parent I'm appalled that
you would take such a stand. Shame on you.

Old March 31st 10, 03:51 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics

On Mar 31, 2:29 am, " wrote:
[...]

I quite agree, Mike. My statement above was intended sarcastically,
in case anyone didn't realize it.

*Any job or avocation, anywhere, any time, for life,
based on contact with children must be off limits.

Unfortunately, organizations with pedophiles in their ranks are
sometimes far more concerned with covering up offenses than with
protecting the children or punishing offenders.

Old March 31st 10, 05:23 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics

On Mar 31, 2:29 am, " wrote:
[...]

but we haven't yet seen one generally accepted by society.- Hide quoted text -

Hot sauce!
Old March 31st 10, 06:59 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics

wrote:

* Unfortunately, organizations with pedophiles in their ranks are
sometimes far more concerned with covering up offenses than with
protecting the children or punishing offenders.

That's the way it was when I was on the school board. Looking back I
regret that I ever permitted them to go unpunished for the good of the
child and an agreement never to seek employment in an institute of
secondary education again. That same Superintendent that recommended
that policy later went to jail for embezzlement.
Old March 31st 10, 11:49 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics

On Mar 31, 12:29*am, " wrote:
FORT COLLINS - A judge Tuesday sentenced former Fort Collins chess
master Robert Snyder to at least 12 years and possibly life in the
custody of the Department of Corrections after fleeing the country
following a pedophilia conviction.

http://www.9news.com/news/article.as...5623&catid=339

The Federation of St Kitts and Nevis will lash this man if he comes to
play chess
in our nation. We don't drug test children over this issue.

Marcus Roberts
Ambassador of St Kitts and Nevis
Old April 1st 10, 12:12 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics

NONE wrote:
On Mar 31, 12:29 am, " wrote:
FORT COLLINS - A judge Tuesday sentenced former Fort Collins chess
master Robert Snyder to at least 12 years and possibly life in the
custody of the Department of Corrections after fleeing the country
following a pedophilia conviction.

http://www.9news.com/news/article.as...5623&catid=339

The Federation of St Kitts and Nevis will lash this man if he comes to
play chess
in our nation. We don't drug test children over this issue.

Marcus Roberts
Ambassador of St Kitts and Nevis

Marcus, it sounds like you're almost back to normal! What happened?