Old April 2nd 10, 10:00 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics

Default USCF politicians cancel most successful US girls chess event

New format for the Susan Polgar National Invitational for Girls (SPNI)

The U.S.C.F. has decided to cancel the Susan Polgar National
Invitational for Girls, the most prestigious and most successful all-
girls national championship in U.S. history. They also cancelled the
U.S.C.F. Polgar Committee. Unfortunately, no one officially informed
me of these decisions (not even as of today!) and I did not find out
about their decisions until many months later through third parties.

This event has gained enormous support among the scholastic community
as well as thousands of chess parents. Many young female chess players
have benefited greatly from the SPNI.

When I started the U.S. Women’s Olympiad program and the Susan Polgar
National Invitational for Girls back in 2003, the idea was to elevate
women’s chess in the United States. We have done exactly that. The U.S
Women’s Olympiad Team captured the first ever Olympiad medal in the
2004 Olympiad (Silver) and again in 2008 (Bronze). In fact, members of
the 2004 U.S. Women’s Olympiad Training Program have won every U.S.
Women’s Championship since:

• 2004 WGM Jennifer Shahade
• 2005 IM Rusa Goletiani
• 2006 IM Anna Zatonskih
• 2007 IM Irina Krush
• 2008 IM Anna Zatonskih
• 2009 IM Anna Zatonskih

The Susan Polgar National Invitational for Girls also had similar
unprecedented success. In the past six years, the SPNI has transformed
girl’s chess in America. Thousands of girls from across the country
competed in their local, regional, state, and national events to earn
a special invitation. The pinnacle was in 2009 when Abby Marshall, two-
time winner of the SPNI, won the Denker Tournament of High School
Champions. She was the first girl in U.S. history to dominate and win
this very strong event ahead of over 45 top rated boys.

No one can control what the U.S.C.F or its lifelong chess politicians
would do. The only thing I could do is to listen to the hundreds of
parents and scholastic supporters around the country who either wrote
or contacted me about saving this event. They clearly want this
special event for girls to continue.

After consulting with board members of the Susan Polgar Foundation and
members of former USCF Polgar Committee, we have reached the
following:

• We will combine the SPNI and SP All-Star program into one and make
it even better and much more beneficial for these talented young
ladies.
• The new event will take place on July 25-30 at Texas Tech University
in Lubbock, Texas
• Instead of a six day tournament, there will be a five day intense
training program with me and a G/30 Championship tournament on day
six.
• The traditional blitz, puzzle solving, bughouse events will stay the
same.

The reason for this change is I would like to help raise the playing
level of all girls. After looking back at the detailed statistics in
the past six years, we came to the conclusion that some of the top
girls have elevated their playing levels at a faster pace while the
rest at a much slower one.

This intense training will be personally conducted by me and some of
the top chess coaches. I will share with all of them my training
secrets to help them improve dramatically. I hope to open up a whole
new chess perspective on the board for these young talented ladies and
raise their understanding of chess by many folds.

Just as the past SPNI, the qualifying procedure will remain nearly the
same. It will be posted in the next day or so.

I would like to thank everyone for being so passionate about this
issue and I will do my best to help the young players in this country.
Please feel free to contact me if you have questions.

Best wishes,
Susan Polgar
Old April 3rd 10, 03:47 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics

Shocking isn't it.

And she had no idea that this was going to happen.
Old April 3rd 10, 04:01 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics

I was under the impression that the SPNI for Girls lost its TTU
sponsorship and was cancelled for that reason and that the loss of
that sponsorship occurred prior to the settlement of litigation where
Polgar agree to never contest her expulsion from the USCF. The use of
the National name in a USCF sanctioned event is subject to the
requirements and discretion of the USCF. A question. Did Ms. Polgar,
Mr. Truong or one of their chess promoter friends (Mr. Muradian,
perhaps?) ever formally ask the USCF for permission to use the word
'National?" I doubt that permission would have been given, but I would
expect that Ms. Polgar and her husband would understand why given the
litigation that was just settled between them and the USCF.

I find it really funny that Ms. Polgar is chiding the USCF over the
demise of the Polgar Committee. What on earth did she expect? And
didn't any of her friends (Mr. Barber, perhaps) think to inform her
informally that the Committee was no longer necessary before "several
months" lapsed? Certainly, after needlessly costing the USCF hundreds
of thousands of dollars in legal fees, Ms. Polgar really doesn't
believe that the USCF owes her anything, including notice of the
demise of a now irrelevant committee.

All too funny. The egotism continues to amaze and amuse.

Someone should call Anna Hahn and ask her to comment.

Old April 3rd 10, 04:02 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics

On Apr 2, 5:00*pm, ChessFire wrote:

• Instead of a six day tournament, there will be a five day intense
training program with me ....

On chess, or on being a grasping, greedy drama queen?
Old April 3rd 10, 04:11 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics

On Apr 3, 11:02*am, The Historian wrote:
On Apr 2, 5:00*pm, ChessFire wrote:

• Instead of a six day tournament, there will be a five day intense
training program with me ....

On chess, or on being a grasping, greedy drama queen?

Oh, you are so unkind. ;-)

Old April 4th 10, 04:35 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics

On Apr 2, 5:00*pm, ChessFire wrote:
New format for the Susan Polgar National Invitational for Girls (SPNI)

snip drivel

I know Phil has posted some very poor April Fool jokes in the past,
sometimes involving Ms. Polgar and/or Spice.
This one is a day late though.
But possibly the funniest.
Old April 6th 10, 05:03 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics

On Fri, 2 Apr 2010 14:00:51 -0700 (PDT), ChessFire
wrote:

Is it fair to conclude that phrases such as "chess politicians" or
"USCF politicians" in the thread title signal Innes' operating in
flack rather than crosstable-copier mode?