Old April 14th 10, 02:58 AM posted to talk.politics.libertarian,alt.politics.libertarian,nyc.politics,ny.politics,rec.games.chess.politics

Default What Warren Redlich did Yesterday

Several Members have asked why Warren Redlich did not attend the
candidates debate last night hosted by the Manhattan Libertarian
Party.

The answer is that Warren Redlich went to Buffalo to attend a Tea
Party rally where he delivered a speech lasting 78 seconds.

The speech is here on youtube.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5wKq6lMX3Q

This speech is identical to the speech given by Warren Redlich to the
Manhattan Libertarian Party last month, except that it is shorter.
Whereas in his Manhattan Speech Warren Redlich gave ten reasons why he
was not qualified to be Governor of New York State, one of which was
that he had never been married to more than one woman at the same
time, in the Buffalo speech he only gave three of the reasons why he
was not qualified to be governor.

Other aspects of his speech, such as complaining about how much money
the head of the New York Public Library makes, were identical to what
he said in his Manhattan Speech a month earlier.

He should get a new speech writer.

Old April 14th 10, 12:03 PM posted to talk.politics.libertarian,alt.politics.libertarian,nyc.politics,ny.politics,rec.games.chess.politics

Sam is correct. I spoke to a crowd of 1500. Volunteers handed out my
flyer.

The Buffalo News finally mentioned me.

The Times Union put a link to my speech on it's blog.

So thousands of people were made aware of or were reminded of
my candidacy.

I will give roughly the same speech tomorrow in Rochester.

And Saturday in Albany.

It's called campaigning. That's what you do when you want to get
votes.

Sam - Where will you be speaking? What media have covered your
campaign?

I do agree my speech wasn't perfect, and I'd be happy to hear
constructive suggestions.

Warren

Old April 14th 10, 12:25 PM posted to talk.politics.libertarian,alt.politics.libertarian,nyc.politics,ny.politics,rec.games.chess.politics

On Apr 14, 7:03*am, wredlich wrote:
Sam is correct. I spoke to a crowd of 1500. Volunteers handed out my
flyer.

The Buffalo News finally mentioned me.

The Times Union put a link to my speech on it's blog.

So thousands of people were made aware of or were reminded of
my candidacy.

I will give roughly the same speech tomorrow in Rochester.

And Saturday in Albany.

It's called campaigning. That's what you do when you want to get
votes.

Sam - Where will you be speaking? What media have covered your
campaign?

I do agree my speech wasn't perfect, and I'd be happy to hear
constructive suggestions.

Warren

I would like to see you raise some Libertarian issues such as legalize
marijuana for example.

Complaining about how much money the head of the New York Public
Library makes, without explaining why he makes that much, is not a
Libertarian issue.

Old April 14th 10, 03:05 PM posted to talk.politics.libertarian,alt.politics.libertarian,nyc.politics,ny.politics,rec.games.chess.politics

On Apr 14, 7:25*am, samsloan wrote:
[...]

Sam Sloan

The drug issue might be valid, but hardly anyone really cares. Talking
to a few libertarians in Manhattan is several orders of magnitude
below arousing 1500 potential libertarians. Sloan could learn from
Redlich.
Old April 14th 10, 03:55 PM posted to talk.politics.libertarian,alt.politics.libertarian,nyc.politics,ny.politics,rec.games.chess.politics

On Apr 14, 10:05*am, Werner wrote:
[...]

I disagree, Werner.

Monday night was the night for the candidates for the Libertarian
Party nomination to debate. There will be a lot of Tea Parties but
only one night for debate between the candidates.

Kristin Davis has a very busy schedule but she came. Eric Sundwall was
supposed to stand in for Warren Redlich but he did not come and nobody
knows the reason.

Legalize Marijuana is one issue that divides the Libertarians and the
Republicans. All Libertarians almost by definition want to legalize
marijuana but few Republicans do. If Warren Redlich is not willing to
state in public here that he favors the Legalization of Marijuana, I
do not see how the Libertarian Party can possibly consider him for the
nomination. He will be a great embarrassment to the party if he
becomes our candidate.