Old April 20th 10, 11:29 AM posted to talk.politics.libertarian,alt.politics.libertarian,nyc.politics,ny.politics,rec.games.chess.politics

Default Chris Edes, NY Party Chairman, Still Refuses to allow me to conduct amailing to the membership

I hereby Demand that Chris Edes provide the Names and Addresses of
State Committee Members.

I did my first mailing of campaign flyers yesterday. I mailed 61 sets
of flyers. The first ones should be arriving in the mail tomorrow.

I now realize that I do not even have the names and addresses of
members of the State Committee.

Surely, the names and addresses of members of the State Committee
should be made available. They represent the members. How else will
the members be able to contact those who represent them?

I have the addresses of about 7 members of the state committee and I
mailed my flyers to all of them. However, that is only about 1/3 rd of
the total.

I spent $250 on my campaign mailing yesterday, so if you think that I
am not serious about this campaign you had better consider that fact.

Will the members of the state committee who are on this list whose
addresses I do not already know please send me their addresses by
private email.

Since some of the pages of my mailing contain color photographs,
sending my mailing by PDF is not appropriate since the file size is
larger than many email boxes.

Almost every member of the State Committee that has expressed an
opinion on this subject has stated that I as a State Committee member
should be allowed to conduct a mailing to the mailing list. The only
one refusing to allow me to do this mailing is Chris Edes. He also
refuses to call an online meeting or to take a vote, although many
have asked him to do so. Thus he is in violation of the by-laws and he
may be in violation of New York State law. He may find himself on the
wrong end of a lawsuit soon, not only for this reason but also because
he is the only one who knows who is eligible to vote at the
forthcoming state convention and therefore he can control the vote.

If you are a member of the New York State Libertarian Party and I do
not have your name and address, could your please give it to me and I
will mail a set of my flyers to you?

Old April 20th 10, 02:21 PM posted to talk.politics.libertarian,alt.politics.libertarian,nyc.politics,ny.politics,rec.games.chess.politics

To Chris Edes,

Even though the New York Libertarian Party is not yet an officially
recognized party you as chairman are still subject to New York
Election Law.

You are in violation of that law by refusing to give or sell me the
mailing list or to mail them himself with the stamped envelopes I will
provide. You are also violating the law by refusing to call a meeting
to vote on this even though more than enough state committee members
have demanded that you do so.

If you do not give me the list today I will file a lawsuit against you
personally in New York Supreme Court by the end of the day or early
tomorrow.

--
Sincerely,