Old April 21st 10, 01:34 PM posted to talk.politics.libertarian,alt.politics.libertarian,nyc.politics,ny.politics,rec.games.chess.politics

Default "Cyber-Stalking" on the Internet

I do not know if you understand or have been following this issue, but
in an article dated April 9, 2010, The Albany Times Union stated that
Warren Redlich is guilty of "Cyber-Stalking" or harassing political
opponents by registering domain names in the name of the person he is
attacking. Four examples of him doing this a

http://www.andrew-cuomo.com
http://www.rick-lazio.com
http://www.kenrunion.com
http://www.christineodonnell08.com

In each of these cases the target has complained to the authorities,
but the website owned by Warren Redlich remains up.

This seems to be a clear violation of the Libertarian non-aggression
principle.

Due to the fact that I am being prevented from conducting a mailing to
the membership I cannot inform the voters of this development.

I note that Eric Sundwall has not posted anything in defense of Warren
Redlich ever since the Albany Times Union article appeared.

Old April 21st 10, 01:48 PM posted to talk.politics.libertarian,alt.politics.libertarian,nyc.politics,ny.politics,rec.games.chess.politics

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 8:35 AM, wrote:
Who is being harmed by leasing a domain name? What is the
aggression?

http://www.andrew-cuomo.com
http://www.rick-lazio.com
http://www.kenrunion.com
http://www.christineodonnell08.com

Have you looked at these four websites? The pattern is the same. In
each case, Warren Redlich has posted an unflattering picture of the
target and some comments attacking the target. One must look carefully
to see that actually Warren Redlich wrote it and not the target.

If you cannot understand that this is aggression there is no hope for
you.

It will be a great embarrassment to the Libertarian Party if Warren
Redlich receives our nomination and then is arrested for this, which I
believe is possible.

Old April 23rd 10, 12:13 PM posted to talk.politics.libertarian,alt.politics.libertarian,nyc.politics,ny.politics,rec.games.chess.politics

http://www.andrew-cuomo.comhttp://ww...odonnell08.com

Have you looked at these four websites? The pattern is the same. In
each case, Warren Redlich has posted an unflattering picture of the
target and some comments attacking the target. One must look carefully
to see that actually Warren Redlich wrote it and not the target.

If you cannot understand that this is aggression there is no hope for
you.

It will be a great embarrassment to the Libertarian Party if Warren
Redlich receives our nomination and then is arrested for this, which I
believe is possible.

Sam Sloan

It's also protected by the 1st Amendment and Times v Sullivan, Sam.
You may well be right that the guy would be a bad candidate, but the
way to deal with that is the at the ballot box, not with whining and
bogus legal theories. (And yes, I looked at the web sites. One would
have to be phenomenally dense not to realize that they were attack
sites. Of course, there are plenty of dullard voters.)

BTW, what exactly does any of this have to do with chess?
Old April 23rd 10, 01:56 PM posted to talk.politics.libertarian,alt.politics.libertarian,nyc.politics,ny.politics,rec.games.chess.politics

http://www.andrew-cuomo.comhttp://ww...p://www.kenrun...

[...]

So, you are saying that Paul Truong had a constitutional First
Amendment right to post over 2500 newsgroup postings here signed "Sam
Sloan".

It is clear from looking at them that the current sites are toned down
and modified from the original. We do not know what they looked like
at first but from what I understand they appeared to have been put up
by the target.

Note that Ken Runion, the Supervisor of the Town where Warren Redlich
lives and a member of the same board that Warren Redlich serves on,
writes "Warren Redlich is notorious and well known as a cybersquatter,
cyberpirate, and domain name identity thief who has taken the names of
at least six people that we know about."

http://www.kenrunion.org/tag/mark-grimm/

Old April 23rd 10, 02:36 PM posted to talk.politics.libertarian,alt.politics.libertarian,nyc.politics,ny.politics,rec.games.chess.politics

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 12:29 AM, wrote:
are there any libertarians who DONT believe that things like "cyber
stalking" and "slander" should be crimes?

wtf has happened to our party?

You make an excellent point.

The Libertarian solution to problems of this nature is supposed to be
to go to the courts to sue for fraud.

But what if the courts are incompetent, corrupt, on the take, bought
and paid for, etc. What then?