Old April 27th 10, 04:31 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.politics

Default d6 or e6 Sicilian

On Apr 25, 11:11*pm, The Master wrote:
On Apr 21, 9:21*am, Taylor Kingston
wrote:

* Coming from a guy who said a black knight on f2 attacks a white
queen on e2, this is even richer than Ray's ridicule.

* You sound very confused, Lestrade. If you really believe that I
once insisted that a black knight on f2 attacks a white queen on e2,
then quote me. *I expect you will, as always, be 'unable to find' such a
quote by me.

Tell you what, Greg: I'll be merciful to start out. Take a look at
the thread titled "Unusual oversight by two great players," which you
seem to have forgotten:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.g...4e25acfb72987#

If you post a penitential retraction, I'll square it with the Man
Upstairs so that you don't burn in hell, at least for this particular
transgression. But continue in sin, and you're toast, bro.
Old April 28th 10, 12:54 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.politics

On Apr 27, 11:31*am, Taylor Kingston
wrote:

* Coming from a guy who said a black knight on f2 attacks a white
queen on e2, this is even richer than Ray's ridicule.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.g...wse_thread/thr...

I just revisited that thread and indeed, it appears that my attempt
at
blindfold analysis (duly noted as such therein) overlooked the fact
that
the white queen had just moved to e2 and was no longer on d1. How
you managed to contort this kind of oversight into a 'claim' such as
the ludicrous one above escapes the rational mind. Perhaps it is a
sign of desperation, egged on by the emotional need to change the
subject (or exact revenge) for my having noted your pathetic state
regarding elementary knowledge of pawn structure.

In any case, my contributions that night to the linked thread
appear
as incoherent as a typical Phil Innes rant! I overlooked the fact
that
Anderssen had lost one of the two games, as someone later noted,
and I also imagined that the queen was still on d1. My guess is
that in addition to being terrible at blindfold analysis, I must have
also been exceedingly tired that night-- how else to explain falling
so very far as to glipse the delusional world of PI?

* If you post a penitential retraction

'The penitant man is humble. He kneels before God.'
-- Indiana Jones

I'll square it with the Man
Upstairs so that you don't burn in hell, at least for this particular
transgression. But continue in sin, and you're toast, bro.

A heretic, eh? As Martin Luthor had it, your corrupt attempts to
sell or negotiate 'salvation' in exchange for favors (or gold) reveal
thing or two about you which ought to be very carefully noted.

That being said, I wonder if you would consider throwing in that
new Corvette you're always talking about-- the one that costs
seventy thousand dollars? Remember, material things (like this
Corvette of yours) are meaningless. You shall receive your due
reward in the after life-- and I have no doubt that such a vehicle
will be of no use to you as you will undoubtedly be kept busy
pushing your rock repeatedly up that hill while staring admiringly
at your own reflection in the water.

Old April 28th 10, 01:09 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.politics

wrote:

* Coming from a guy who said a black knight on f2 attacks a white
queen on e2, this is even richer than Ray's ridicule.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.g...wse_thread/thr...

* I just revisited that thread and indeed, it appears that my attempt
at
blindfold analysis (duly noted as such therein) overlooked the fact
that
the white queen had just moved to e2 and was no longer on d1. *

Our Greg admits an error? We should notify the New York Times.

How
you managed to contort this kind of oversight into a 'claim' such as
the ludicrous one above escapes the rational mind. *

I will agree that it escapes your mind, Greg. However, not a
rational mind.

* In any case, my contributions that night to the linked thread
appear as incoherent as a typical Phil Innes rant! *

Indeed.

I overlooked the fact that
Anderssen had lost one of the two games, as someone later noted,
and I also imagined that the queen was still on d1. * My guess is
that in addition to being terrible at blindfold analysis, I must have
also been exceedingly tired that night-- how else to explain falling
so very far as to glipse the delusional world of PI?

There is no need to guess; the facts are plain from your years of
posts here. You are a mendacious troll who does not much care what he
says, as long as it insults someone.

* 'The penitant man is humble. *He kneels before God.'
-- Indiana Jones

Jeez , learn to spell, Greg.

*As Martin Luthor had it ...

You mean Lex?
Old April 28th 10, 02:44 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.politics

On Apr 27, 8:09*pm, Taylor Kingston
wrote:

* Coming from a guy who said a black knight on f2 attacks a white
queen on e2, this is even richer than Ray's ridicule.

Kneejerk ad hominem reaction noted.

You are a mendacious troll who does not much care what he
says, as long as it insults someone.

What about your ad hominem style of argument-- I think it works
perfectly here. As a mendacious troll, you dare to call _me_ one?
This is so rich, I feel like King Midas-- surrounded by gold and yet
unable to find a scrap of food to eat!

I did not consider Ray's commentary to be ridicule so much as
a rare moment of clarity and astute criticism on his part. Do you
not agree that a typical reader here would be 'shocked' to learn
that an arrogant chess book editor has no clue what a backward
pawn is? Well, in any case it is the book author who must know
such things, while his editors mainly search for typos and spelling
errors, focusing on trivial things the finding of which offers some
small compensation for their shortcommings.

Here is a very, very small effort on my part: in reading one of
Yasser's books I noticed he uses the term 'spear' where he means
'fork.' I found this rather surprising in view of his undeniable
skill
at the game. But then again, using the wrong word does not cost
rating points or the GM title! Only making bad moves would do
harm to the former, while nothing can take away the latter except
maybe ****ing off the FIDE assembly.

Do you happen to know the difference between a spear and a
fork? A spear of course is a weapon useful against lions and
hyenas, while a fork is not often used in respect to them. I was
out of chess for quite a few years, but I believe I can still recall
the difference between a fork and a spear, which leaves me
quite puzzled as to Seirawan's peculiar choice of words. Now,
don't go running to your bookcase for the Oxford Companion. I
want to know if you have a clue right now, not after looking it up
in some reference.

And besides, Ray himself called his reaction 'shock,' not
ridicule. Perhaps you were thinking of the Smothers Brothers.