Old March 28th 04, 11:24 PM
David Kane

Default Florida Scholastics

I am curious as to who is eligible to play in these scholastic tournaments.
In Washington, a player must qualify for the State elementary championship
by winning at least 3/5 at a prior tournament. As of mid-March, 1182 K-6
students had qualified for the tournament out of 2816 who have played in at
least one tournament this year.

DK

"ASCACHESS" wrote in message
p.s. The Florida Chess Association and the Florida Scholastic Chess
League joint scholastic championship ("SuperStates") drew nearly 725
scholastic and junior players to Lakeland last weekend. Hopefully,
this cooperative effort will continue in the future.
http://www.floridachess.org/2004ScholasticChampionship/

kiddon

That is good, but still just over half of the CalChess (Norcal)

Scholastics
which had 1430 this past weekend.

Rp

Old March 28th 04, 11:35 PM
Jon Haskel

news:[email protected]_s51...

"ASCACHESS" wrote in message
p.s. The Florida Chess Association and the Florida Scholastic Chess
League joint scholastic championship ("SuperStates") drew nearly 725
scholastic and junior players to Lakeland last weekend. Hopefully,
this cooperative effort will continue in the future.
http://www.floridachess.org/2004ScholasticChampionship/

kiddon

That is good, but still just over half of the CalChess (Norcal)

Scholastics
which had 1430 this past weekend.

Rp

In Florida, any student is eligible to play in the State Scholastic
Championship.

Jon Haskel

Old March 29th 04, 04:47 AM
ASCACHESS

I am curious as to who is eligible to play in these scholastic tournaments.

It is our open scholastic championships.
There is no qualification.

Rp
Old May 15th 17, 11:31 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Default Mike Leahy is a LIAR and a THIEF that Does NOT honor hisso-called Money Back Promise

On Sunday, February 22, 2004 at 9:29:43 AM UTC-5, newsgroup_mail wrote:
Yesterday I met with a local tournament player in our club who advised me
that he shelled out some money for Leahy's Bookup Express after having
recieved numerous emails aggressively encouraging him to upgrade from his
Bookup-Lite. He said he decided to give it a try mostly to stop the emails
from coming but found that he began getting even MORE emails after that (I
guess he was put on Leahy's sucker list) as Leahy began trying to peddle his
other crap. The tournament player said he was not at all impressed with the
software and sent it back to Leahy postage prepaid and did not receive one
dime back. It has been over 4 months. I am not going to mention this
person's name as I do not want him to be the subject of Leahy's (and the
numerous other phoney IDs that he uses in the newsgroup) attacks.

Got to love these internet Rambos who would **** their pants if they ever actually encountered one of the people they are libeling and/or insulting!