Old February 26th 04, 07:29 PM
kg

Default Fritz 8 cheap?

Just saw an ad for Fritz 8 for something like $37 (online place). Last
week, because of a NYTimes article about older, but good, inexpensive
software, I cruised Electronic Boutiques' cheap software. Although not
what I was looking for, I found Fritz 8 there, for $20.00. I am guessing
that that is probably as cheap as one might find it, I don't really know,
but regardless, I thought I'd let people know. I don't know if it can readily
be found at EB for $20--I got the last copy at ours--but it's worth a try.
Best Buy still has it at $30 ($40?), I think.

PS I like it better than chessmaster X000, a lot. Much crisper; better feel
(I'm at best 1800 so both kill me), better functions.
Old February 27th 04, 03:33 AM
Tony D.

This version at EBfor $20.00 does not appear to be the same Fritz 8 put out by
ChessBase.

Caveat emptor.

Tony D.

Old March 12th 04, 02:32 AM
kg

My apologies for not following up earlier. I received a reply from Chessbase
and they said they sell two full versions of Fritz 8, one at their website
and this one packaged for PlayChess and distribution in the US. They
included an image of the box I got. It looks like the real deal.

eepmeep (John Fernandez) wrote in message ...
Subject: Fritz 8 cheap?
From:
ie-rat (Tony D.)
Date: 2/26/2004 10:33 PM Eastern Standard Time
This version at EBfor $20.00 does not appear to be the same Fritz 8 put out
by
ChessBase.

Caveat emptor.

Tony D.

Yes, it is the version distributed through Viva Media.

John Fernandez

From: ie-rat (Tony D.)
Date: 2/26/2004 10:33 PM Eastern Standard Time
This version at EBfor $20.00 does not appear to be the same Fritz 8 put

out
by
ChessBase.

Caveat emptor.

Tony D.

Yes, it is the version distributed through Viva Media.

John Fernandez

Actually, the North American version comes with an extra board graphic, as
well as product support from Viva Chess. Everything else is the same.

Grant Perks