Old February 28th 04, 05:11 AM
Jerome Bibuld

Default Yet More Threats from Paul Truong

Dear Mr. Hanke,

Heil Dubya!

I do not see a threat, either explicit or implicit, in FM Truong's
communication to you.

I do see, however, a whine on your part and an attempt to gain undeserved
sympathy. FM Truong is claimed by you to have sent you a (PRIVATE) message,
wth copies to three other members of the Executive Board of the USCF. In it,
you say, he mentions a promise to unnamed " ... other board members ... " You
also say that he asks you " ... once again for the last time to please leave my
name and Susan Polgar out of any of your postings on those Internet garbage
sites." One can imfer, from what you say, that, if you do not accede to his
purported request, he will take action of some kind. However, that must be
inferred from what YOU have "reported". If what you have written is true, you
have broken a confidence by publishing a private communication. This is a
contemptible act that can only be viewed as an attempt to gain sympathy from
the public for an attack on you, even though no attack is apparent from what
you have stated. YOU HAVE CLAIMED THREATS BY FM TRUONG, BUT NOT DEMONSTRATED
THEM.

What a shameful waste of bandwidth!

Subject: Yet More Threats from Paul Truong
From: "Tim Hanke"
Date: 2004-02-27 8:58 PM Eastern Standard Time

To the chess community,

Paul Truong continues to send me threats by email, which he copies to other
people. Below is his latest threat.

Tim Hanke

Old February 28th 04, 05:57 AM
Matt Nemmers

"Jerome Bibuld" wrote in message
Dear Mr. Hanke,

Heil Dubya!

SNIP

Not really fraternally,

Jerome Bibuld
gens una sumus

Wow.

Coming from Crazy-Ass Bibuld, this really doesn't mean ****.

Regards,

Matt

PS. How's that trial coming along, Jerry? Found you unfit yet, have they?

Old February 28th 04, 09:49 AM
Fifiela

Sorry Tim but I see no threat in Truong's email. You would have been better
served by not posting it here.

Allan

Old February 28th 04, 12:33 PM
StanB

"Tim Hanke" wrote in message
newsBS%[email protected]_s54...

Dear Tim:

Some board members asked me to resolve things internally first. As a
courtesy to other board members and the US Chess Federation, I sent you a
courtesy e-mail as I promised them. I am asking you once again for the

last
time to please leave my name and Susan Polgar out of any of your postings

on
those Internet garbage sites. This should be quite clear and simple to

do.
Thank you.

Yo Paul, where's the copy of Susan Polgar Foundation 990? Yo Paul, where's
the proforma budget of how much of the donations will go to mission and how
much to you?

StanB

Old February 28th 04, 01:06 PM
StanB

"Fifiela" wrote in message

Sorry Tim but I see no threat in Truong's email.

No? Then what is the tone of this sentence? "I am asking you once again for
the last time to please leave my name and Susan Polgar out of any of your
postings on those Internet garbage sites."

What does the "last time" imply? That he will no longer ask? That he will
come beat him up? That he will send a copy of the Susan Polgar Foundation
990 pursuant to Federal law as codified by the Internal Revenue Service?

I strongly urge anyone that thinks of sending any money to any organization
which includes Paul Truong request written information on how the money will
be used. If one anticipates a tax deduction from a contribution of any
organization Paul Truong is associated with, I strongly urge they request a
copy of the organization's 990 and an explanation of how the money will be
used.

StanB

Old February 28th 04, 09:38 PM
Nick

"Matt Nemmers" wrote in message
news:O4W%[email protected]_s04...(to Jerome Bibuld)
"Jerome Bibuld" wrote in
message ...(to Tim Hanke)
Dear Mr. Hanke,
Heil Dubya!
SNIP (snipped by Matt Nemmers)
Not really fraternally,
Jerome Bibuld
gens una sumus

Wow. Coming from Crazy-Ass Bibuld, this really doesn't mean ****.
Regards,
Matt

Mr. Nemmers:

I submit that what you wrote (above) about Jerome Bibuld is a clear example of
an *ad hominem* response, which did *not* address any of the contents of his
post to Tim Hanke and which only personally attacked Jerome Bibuld's character.

PS. How's that trial coming along, Jerry? Found you unfit yet, have they?

You have the right to dislike Jerome Bibuld's political rhetoric and disagree
(as sometimes I have) with his political views. Yet I would submit that what
you have just written here does *not* help you advance your case against him.

Other readers here may read both what Tim Hanke wrote and what Jerome Bibuld
wrote and then decide for themselves who's more right on this issue.

--Nick
Old February 29th 04, 12:17 AM
The Masked Bishop

On the other hand, you and your allies have publicly attacked Truong
and Polgar

That's "Truolgar," Sam. I thought we had resolved that...

TMB

Old February 29th 04, 12:21 AM
The Masked Bishop

What a shameful waste of bandwidth!