Old February 28th 04, 07:51 PM
Jerome Bibuld

Default A Great Big Thank You to the USCF & Bill Goichberg

Heil Dubya!

I have supported the USCF for decades simply because it is the national
umbrella organization for chess in the United States -- and I believe that the
human is a gregarious animal that MUST work together. Over the years, we have
given much to each other, although there were times when I was so soured that,
for example, I did not send CHESS LIFE photographs, because of disagreements.
I have felt the same way about Bill Goichberg, with the difference of a feeling
of personal friendship -- even when there were VERY strong disagreements of a
socio-political nature and over the best ways to promote chess.

This, then, is a reaffirmation of warm friendship -- with thanks -- to both
Goichberg and the USACF.

As many of you know, I collect chess literature and equipment to send to three
African chess federations (all affiliates of FIDE). I send them the material
as I acquire them. This weekend, I was enabled to send almost 3,000 old copies
of CHESS LIFE to "my" three federations because Goichberg and I met at the
USATE a couple of weeks ago. The first thing HE brought up during our
conversation was an offer to give me old CLs -- as many as I wanted -- for my
African chess project. Of course, I jumped at the chance and he told me I
could have as many as I wanted by coming to New Windsor to pick them up.

Yesterday, I drove up to New Windsor, said "Heil Dubya and good afternoon!" to
some old friends, was treated to lunch by a couple of these "old friends" --
who were kind (and foolish) enough to think that they "owed" it to me -- and
drove home with my trunk, back seat and front seat loaded with boxed CHESS
LIFEs.

Thank you, Bill Goichberg! Thank you, USCF! Peace and joy be unto to you both
for thousands of years (to modify a line of Cesare Sterbini)!

Heute Uhmuhrikkka, Afghanistan und Irak. Morgen die ganze Welt!

Uhmuhrikkka, Uhmuhrikkka über Alles!

(The more information that comes out about the attacks on the Twin Towers and
the Pentagon of 11 September 2001 the more it appears that those attacks were
organized by the rulers of the United States and were intended to have the same
effect on the people of the United States that the Reichstag fire had on the
people of Germany in 1933.)

Fraternally,

Jerome Bibuld
gens una sumus