Old July 24th 11, 11:48 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Default USCF Election Results

The results are in. Walters, Neitman and Priest each scored just over
1,500 votes and are elected to the Executive Board. The fourth
candidate, Sevan Muradian, received 406 votes.

IMO, the results show, among other things, a complete repudiation of
anyone associated with Susan Polgar and Paul Truomg by those members
who cared enough to register and vote.

I also am encouraged the the voters have elected three candidates with
no known negative personal, ethics and/or financial issues. I look
forward to the new Executive Board moving the USCF forward into the
post-Polgar/Truong periods with resposible, prudent and proper
leadership.

It's also interesting that the one losing candidate received fewer
votes than Brian Mottershead an me in the last election. One can
argue that the two elections may or may not be comparable, but the
numbers are still interesting.

Lastly, you won't read any discussion on the USCF forums about the
drubbing Mr. Muradian took in this election. The moderators are of the
opinion that discussion of his defeat and the reasons therefore
consititute "disparagement" of him even though the discussion is
factually accurate with post-election analysis opinions based on those
facts.

Old July 25th 11, 01:16 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On Jul 24, 3:48*am, BLafferty wrote:
[...]

You forget the fact that Goichberg sent a scurrelous postcard to all
USCF members registered to vote accusing Muradian of being an abuser
of women, a cheater at chess and many other things. These are the same
tactics Goichberg has used against me in the past. This explains the
one-sided results of the election.

Old July 25th 11, 01:42 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On Jul 25, 7:16*am, samsloan wrote:

You forget the fact that Goichberg sent a scurrelous postcard to all
USCF members registered to vote accusing Muradian of being an abuser
of women, a cheater at chess and many other things. These are the same
tactics Goichberg has used against me in the past. This explains the
one-sided results of the election.

Sam Sloan

A single postcard? That's very unlikely. Besides obvious defamation,
Goichberg is likely not that kooky to mail a single postcard and ask,
at his expense, it be circulated. It would take too long to reach all
USCF members. Perhaps he sent an email from an anonymous server that
was forwarded? The email being forwarded, not the server.

RL
Old July 25th 11, 01:52 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On Jul 24, 8:16*pm, samsloan wrote:
[...]

Sam, I haven't forgotten. I am fully aware of the facts set out on the
cards and on Bill's web site. Tell us what was factually incorrect
about the post card other than stating that the Craig's List ad was
placed from Muradian's computer when the evidence shows it was placed
from his home IP address.

As for you, just like Muradian, you live your life and leave a trail
to be followed. Many people, including me, find much of what has been
on your web site over the years disgusting. That it was brought to the
attention of USCF voters is a problem you, and Muradian for that
matter, could easily have anticipated. Knowing that you decided to run
in an EB election. If the kitchen is too hot, don't go in and try to
cook.

Old July 25th 11, 02:00 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On Jul 24, 8:42*pm, raylopez99 wrote:
On Jul 25, 7:16*am, samsloan wrote:

You forget the fact that Goichberg sent a scurrelous postcard to all
USCF members registered to vote accusing Muradian of being an abuser
of women, a cheater at chess and many other things. These are the same
tactics Goichberg has used against me in the past. This explains the
one-sided results of the election.

Sam Sloan

A single postcard? *That's very unlikely. *Besides obvious defamation,
Goichberg is likely not that kooky to mail a single postcard and ask,
at his expense, it be circulated. *It would take too long to reach all
USCF members. * Perhaps he sent an email from an anonymous server that
was forwarded? *The email being forwarded, not the server.

RL

As I recall, there was information on at least one card with some
basic facts about Muradian's continuing connection to Polgar, Craig's
List and another matter along with an address to Bill's election web
site for more detailed information. The election web site was also
linked from Bill's tournament web site.

Old July 25th 11, 02:14 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On Jul 24, 8:52*pm, BLafferty wrote:
[...]

I should add that I have no idea who Bill mailed cards to (other than
me), and I have never discussed his mailing or election web site with
him.
Old July 25th 11, 04:32 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On Jul 24, 5:42*pm, raylopez99 wrote:
On Jul 25, 7:16*am, samsloan wrote:

You forget the fact that Goichberg sent a scurrelous postcard to all
USCF members registered to vote accusing Muradian of being an abuser
of women, a cheater at chess and many other things. These are the same
tactics Goichberg has used against me in the past. This explains the
one-sided results of the election.

Sam Sloan

A single postcard? *That's very unlikely. *Besides obvious defamation,
Goichberg is likely not that kooky to mail a single postcard and ask,
at his expense, it be circulated. *It would take too long to reach all
USCF members. * Perhaps he sent an email from an anonymous server that
was forwarded? *The email being forwarded, not the server.

RL

Apparently you are not a registered USCF voter. If you had been a
registered USCF voter you would have received the postcard from
Goichberg.

The result is that nobody is going to be willing to run against the
Goichberg slate in the future. The USCF might just as well stop
holding these elections and just let Goichberg select whomever he
wants to be on the board.

Old July 25th 11, 11:32 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

Is this what the postcard said?
_
"There are three candidates this year
who are well qualified, solid supporters
of USCF, and I recommend their election:
_
MIKE NIETMAN: Current Executive
Board member and USCF Secretary,
senior programmer/analyst for a large
non-profit hospital, President of the
Wisconsin Chess Association since
1987, organizer of many tournaments
including the 1990 World Youth and two
National Scholastics, former Co-Chair
of the USCF Scholastic Council,
member of Chess in Education, States,
and various MIS committees, has
attended 19 USCF Delegates meetings.
_
GARY WALTERS: Current Executive
Board member, attorney from Cleveland,
OH, practices civil litigation in a large
firm, retired U.S. Army officer, infantry
commander during Desert Storm in
Kuwait (for which he was awarded the
Silver Star), active over the board
tournament player and devoted
correspondence chess player. His
legal knowledge has been a substantial
asset to the Executive Board, which
did not include a lawyer for many years.
_
ALLEN PRIEST: Certified Public
Accountant and auditor from Louisville,
KY who has organized and directed
many tournaments, served as a
delegate since 2007, and has been an
active member of numerous USCF
committees, including Finance, Audit,
Bylaws, LMA, Governance Task Force,
and Forum Oversight, now working
energetically as co-chair of the Bylaws
Committee. USCF VP for Finance
Randy Bauer is leaving the Executive
Board this year, and we need Allen to
replace him. (All Executive Board
members run at large and the Board
then elects its officers, but if Allen is
elected to the Board, I have no doubt
that the Board would choose him to
be VP for Finance).
_
All three of these candidates have
excellent credentials, but in addition
to what is listed above, and most
important, all are thoroughly loyal to
the Federation. In recent years, we
have seen Executive Board members
and candidates whose loyalty to
USCF was so lacking that they
actually SUED the Federation, or
failed to cooperate with our attorneys
in defending lawsuits
(see http://www.checkmate.us/2009.htm
for details.)
_
This year, candidate Sevan Muradian
appears to be strongly allied with
Susan Polgar and Paul Truong, who
were expelled from the federation in
2009 after Polgar, while an Executive
Board member, filed a $10 million
lawsuit against USCF in 2008. This
lawsuit, which in my opinion was
totally without merit, cost the
Federation over $500,000 in legal
fees. In 2009 when USCF's
attorneys issued a subpoena to
Muradian inquiring about his
discussions with Polgar and Truong,
Muradian refused to cooperate, and
attorneys for Polgar and Truong
moved on Muradian's behalf to have
the subpoena quashed. This by
itself would be enough reason for
me to eliminate voting for Muradian
as a possibility, but if you want to
know more, go here
http://www.checkmate.us/muradian.htm ."
Old July 26th 11, 12:19 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

If you go to the bottom link, you will see more.

http://www.checkmate.us/muradian.htm

This must be taken in context. Goichberg has an organization called
"The Continental Chess Association".
Muradian's organization is called the "North American Chess
Association".

In this and in many other ways, Muradian seems to be trying to imitate
Goichberg. He also runs Goichberg-style tournaments.

I see nothing wrong with this. Competition is good for all chess
players, but Goichberg says on his website that Muradian is being
"disloyal to the USCF" for running chess tournaments in direct
competition with Goichberg.

Old July 26th 11, 05:41 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

On Jul 26, 6:19*am, samsloan wrote:
If you go to the bottom link, you will see more.

http://www.checkmate.us/muradian.htm

This must be taken in context. Goichberg has an organization called
"The Continental Chess Association".
Muradian's organization is called the "North American Chess
Association".

In this and in many other ways, Muradian seems to be trying to imitate
Goichberg. He also runs Goichberg-style tournaments.

I see nothing wrong with this. Competition is good for all chess
players, but Goichberg says on his website that Muradian is being
"disloyal to the USCF" for running chess tournaments in direct
competition with Goichberg.

*Sam Sloan

That's goal post shifting. The issue here is whether Bill G was
within his rights to distribute the postcard. From what I've seen, he
was.

RL