Old February 29th 04, 08:00 PM
LeModernCaveman

Default American Chess Could Start Fresh Tomorrow

It would have to be done with the help of chess organizers who would be willing
to participate in a new, centralized rating system.

We could have no annual membership fees, and use advertising/marketing to the
membership and rating fees to absorb the cost of running the new organization.
A website with maybe a quarterly or annual print publication would more than
suffice.

Finally, since getting space to play is the major obstacle, we could seek out
partners who have space and who would profit from having chessplayers playing
there (I know of many commercial establishments that would consider this and
which have expressed interest in doing this).

Why pay to fund debt?

Old February 29th 04, 09:01 PM
HC

Your opinions are worthless.