Old February 29th 04, 10:49 PM
eapeau

Default $upport for Chess

Chess should strive for Government support. The USCF should take the
lead in advocating for Federal Funding by joining forces with other
(non-corporate) games (such as Go, Backgammon, Bridge, etc.) Just one
percent of the NEA budget would be a whopping $1.39 million/year.

This would be work, but well worth it. Getting our foot in the door
for regular support and funding would enhance the image of games in
the U.S. and help us become a world-class organization.

With the number of dedicated game players in the U.S., we could put
considerable pressure on Congress and the Administration. If nothing
else, we could put pressure on both groups to come under the umbrella
of NEA funding.

Games share many of the cultural and educations advantages of music,
art, and math and should be valued as such. If we join other National
Organizations for our mutual benefit, we could be recognized for the
services and benefits that we provide our society.