Old March 1st 04, 07:50 AM
LeModernCaveman

Default Pay My Fees And I'll Run For the Board

I believe I can clean up USCF.

If anyone else wants to back that idea, I'd be willing to run for the board.

I believe I am uniquely qualified to oversee a tech upgrade at USCF, make the
office more efficient, generate revenue from e-book partnerships and other
internet ventures, and bring chess to the masses.

I also have no political ties to USCF and wouldn't be swayed by a single
special interest. My peak rating was 2000, which lets me communicate well with
players at all levels, and I understand what it's like to train full time at
chess, or to be a recreational player.

So, if someone thinks it's worth $300 to take a shot, I'm game.

Old March 1st 04, 02:38 PM
Matt Nemmers

Default Take that back and we promise not to laugh....

"LeModernCaveman" wrote in message
I believe I can clean up USCF.

If anyone else wants to back that idea, I'd be willing to run for the

board.

I believe I am uniquely qualified to oversee a tech upgrade at USCF, make

the
office more efficient, generate revenue from e-book partnerships and other
internet ventures, and bring chess to the masses.

I also have no political ties to USCF and wouldn't be swayed by a single
special interest. My peak rating was 2000, which lets me communicate well

with
players at all levels, and I understand what it's like to train full time

at
chess, or to be a recreational player.

So, if someone thinks it's worth $300 to take a shot, I'm game.

You mean, after all that talk about how great you are at everything and how
successful you've been you can't scrape a measly $300.00 together to run for
a position on the USCF's Executive Board??

Seriously man, if Sloan's broke ass can scrounge up some chump change for a
pipe dream, so can you. You won't get any offers, guaranteed.

MN

Old March 1st 04, 05:24 PM
Tony D.

I believe I can clean up USCF.

If anyone else wants to back that idea, I'd be willing to run for the board.

I believe I am uniquely qualified to oversee a tech upgrade at USCF, make the
office more efficient, generate revenue from e-book partnerships and other
internet ventures, and bring chess to the masses.

I also have no political ties to USCF and wouldn't be swayed by a single
special interest. My peak rating was 2000, which lets me communicate well
with
players at all levels, and I understand what it's like to train full time at
chess, or to be a recreational player.

So, if someone thinks it's worth $300 to take a shot, I'm game.

You're a funny guy

Tony D.

Old March 1st 04, 06:13 PM
Randy Risque

(LeModernCaveman) wrote in message ...

So, if someone thinks it's worth $300 to take a shot, I'm game.

Like a sitting duck.

Old March 1st 04, 06:31 PM
Bill Wong

LeModernCaveman wrote:
I believe I can clean up USCF.

If anyone else wants to back that idea, I'd be willing to run for the board.

I believe I am uniquely qualified to oversee a tech upgrade at USCF, make the
office more efficient, generate revenue from e-book partnerships and other
internet ventures, and bring chess to the masses.

I also have no political ties to USCF and wouldn't be swayed by a single
special interest. My peak rating was 2000, which lets me communicate well with
players at all levels, and I understand what it's like to train full time at
chess, or to be a recreational player.

So, if someone thinks it's worth $300 to take a shot, I'm game.

Your peak rating was provisional. That means you could have achieved
that rating by beating 1600 players exclusively. When and where did you
earn that rating?--Bill Wong
Old March 1st 04, 10:05 PM
LeModernCaveman

I believe I am uniquely qualified to oversee a tech upgrade at USCF, make
the
office more efficient, generate revenue from e-book partnerships and other
internet ventures, and bring chess to the masses.

I also have no political ties to USCF and wouldn't be swayed by a single
special interest. My peak rating was 2000, which lets me communicate well

with
players at all levels, and I understand what it's like to train full time

at
chess, or to be a recreational player.

So, if someone thinks it's worth $300 to take a shot, I'm game.

Your peak rating was provisional.

Ask Bill Goichberg if that's true. I played well over 500 games of tournament
chess in my life.

That means you could have achieved
that rating by beating 1600 players exclusively. When and where did you
earn that rating?--Bill Wong

Mostly at the Manhattan Chess Club and Goichberg's megaswisses.

I once tied for first in a Saturday Afternoon quad in which Asa Hoffman was
participating, thus costing him $12.50 in prize money!

Still my crowning achievement, especially since I did it on two hours of sleep
and a 100-mile train ride.

Old March 1st 04, 10:06 PM
LeModernCaveman

chess, or to be a recreational player.

So, if someone thinks it's worth $300 to take a shot, I'm game.

You mean, after all that talk about how great you are at everything and how
successful you've been you can't scrape a measly $300.00 together to run for
a position on the USCF's Executive Board??

I could, but why would I?

I can do fine without USCF. I don't see it doing fine without me.

Come to think of it, when I left USCF it was a thriving organization!

Old March 1st 04, 10:10 PM
LeModernCaveman

So, if someone thinks it's worth $300 to take a shot, I'm game.

So what you are saying is that _YOU_ are not willing to bet $300 on
yourself. I would think that to someone with such an amazing skill
set, $300 would be a pittance. Hell, you aren't even willing to ante
up the membership fee.

Nope.

Given your lack of willingness to invest in
you, why in the world should someone else?

Because I'm one of the most qualified individuals in this country to work for
USCF, for one. I have a varied and deep skill set which is uniquely tailored
to their needs.

If I don't wind up on the USCF board, I could easily wind up starting what
could wind up replacing it. If I don't, someone else will. I know how to
program a rating database somewhat and definitely know how to design one, I'm
very familiar with chess, my office skills test among the top 1-2 percent of
people, plus I am very knowledgeable about the internet and how to make money
off of e-publishing, which is the future.

People who tell me to throw my hat in the ring rather than criticize the
current management shouldn't complain when I take them up on their offer.

Also, it's not $300.00, but $279.00, since I could join for six months instead
of a year.