Old March 6th 04, 07:25 PM
RMille9601

Default USCF Having Clearance Sale!

Check out the announcement on USCF website
http://www.uschess.org

Russell Miller, Chelan WA
Old March 6th 04, 07:59 PM
ASCACHESS

Check out the announcement on USCF website
http://www.uschess.org

Russell Miller, Chelan WA

If this is a clearance sale, my dog is a monkey.
The idea of clearance is reducing the cost of overpriced clothing by a buck.
They will also take a buck off selected books.

Go through the whole thing. It is amuzing.
Old March 7th 04, 01:23 AM
gorkov43

If this is a clearance sale, my dog is a monkey.
The idea of clearance is reducing the cost of overpriced clothing by a

buck.
They will also take a buck off selected books.

Go through the whole thing. It is amuzing.

I completely agree. The "clearance" prices are no way a deal, you can
easily beat them by looking at a million other sites on the web. My first
few chess purchases were indeed through the USCF 7 years ago, then I
discovered that even the reduced prices that came with my membership were
not at all competetive.
Just one of the reasons why when my USCF membership expired this
January I have chosen to let it stay that way.

Old March 7th 04, 03:17 AM
skoonj

"gorkov43" wrote in message

If this is a clearance sale, my dog is a monkey.
The idea of clearance is reducing the cost of overpriced clothing by a

buck.
They will also take a buck off selected books.

Go through the whole thing. It is amuzing.

I completely agree. The "clearance" prices are no way a deal, you

can
easily beat them by looking at a million other sites on the web. My first
few chess purchases were indeed through the USCF 7 years ago, then I
discovered that even the reduced prices that came with my membership were
not at all competetive.
Just one of the reasons why when my USCF membership expired this
January I have chosen to let it stay that way.

And while we're bashing the site, why don't they list the author's name
along with the book? You can find it with an extra click, but the main books
pages list the title, a brief summary, price, maybe even show a picture, but
doesn't list the author. It's seems kinda of dumb to me.

-T

Old March 7th 04, 07:28 AM
ASCACHESS

And while we're bashing the site, why don't they list the author's name
along with the book? You can find it with an extra click, but the main books
pages list the title, a brief summary, price, maybe even show a picture, but
doesn't list the author. It's seems kinda of dumb to me.

-T

Is this worse than trying to clear your shelves of out of date commemorative
t-shirts by selling them for three times what it cost USCF to purchase them?

This is a savings?
Would anyone be interested in my 2003 calendar? I would part with it for only
half of what I paid. It was only used for one year.

Rp

Old March 16th 04, 07:17 PM
Curtist Thetford

I really like the ones (and I've found at least a half dozen) where the
"reduced price" is the same as the original price!!

http://www.shopuschess.org/cgi-bin/S...331+1079493148