Old October 13th 11, 04:24 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

Default Soviet School of Chess, looking for the complete games

http://www.amazon.com/dp/4871878198

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/boo...SBN=4871878198

I just discovered that they put my book on Amazon with an interactive
feature where you can click on a link and it takes you to that page in
the book.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/4871878198#reader_4871878198

I have never seen this before.

However, they did not include a link to the last part of the book
where I converted all the games to Algebraic Notation

Old October 13th 11, 04:42 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

On Oct 13, 8:24*am, samsloan wrote:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/4871878198

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/boo...SBN=4871878198

I just discovered that they put my book on Amazon with an interactive
feature where you can click on a link and it takes you to that page in
the book.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/4871878198#reader_4871878198

I have never seen this before.

However, they did not include a link to the last part of the book
where I converted all the games to Algebraic Notation

Sam Sloan

The link did not work. I am trying again:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/4871878198#reader_4871878198
Old October 13th 11, 07:38 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

On Oct 13, 11:42*pm, samsloan wrote:
On Oct 13, 8:24*am, samsloan wrote:

However, they did not include a link to the last part of the book
where I converted all the games to Algebraic Notation

Sam Sloan

The link did not work. I am trying again:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/4871878198#reader_4871878198

Link did not work for me. Book at $24.32 is overpriced for a
reprint. $10 would be more reasonable. You seem to like the $24
figure as I see this quoted for your other reprints. Like a tourist
trap, you depend on the occasional sucker buying your book, and you
keep some in inventory just for that reason. Nice strategy assuming
the mice, rats and silverfish don't eat up your stock.

More books by American authors below, at $21 and $15. Better value?
Hard to say. You can get (and I've gotten) an e-book from
PirateBay.org of Eade's book. It's OK as a beginner's text.

RL

Chess For Dummies James Eade
$20.96 BN.com Price
The Complete Idiot's Guide to Chess by Patrick Wolff The Complete
Idiot's Guide to Chess Patrick Wolff
Old October 13th 11, 10:30 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

On Oct 13, 11:38*am, raylopez99 wrote:
[...]

My book is 512 pages, about 30% larger than the original book, plus
the pages are bigger.

You are forgetting that I have added 200 games in figurine algebraic
notation with diagrams that the original book did not have.

You cannot compare my books with the low-grade re-prints that Dover
puts out.

I am competing on quality, not price. It would be nearly impossible to
produce a quality product for less than I am charging now.

I am surprised that you are comparing my book, "The Soviet School of
Chess" to beginners books like Chess for Dummies and An Idiot's Guide
to Chess. Do you think those Soviet players were beginners?

Old October 14th 11, 01:10 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

On Oct 13, 5:30*pm, samsloan wrote:

I am surprised that you are comparing my book, "The Soviet School of
Chess" to

It's not your book. You stole it.