Old March 9th 04, 06:25 PM

Default Searching for Win Moe

Searching for Win Moe

I am searching for a chess player from Burma named Win Moe. I met him
in the 1990 Thailand National Championship in Bangkok which he won. He
was then living in Thailand as a refugee.

I met him again in a World Open some time around 2000. I believe that
he was living in Minnesota and had a 2300 rating.

The problem is I do not know how to spell his name. Can anybody give
me the correct name? His name is approximately Win Moe Tru An .

If anybody can give me the correct spelling of his name, it will help
you Win Moe.

Old March 10th 04, 02:54 AM
ASCACHESS

If anybody can give me the correct spelling of his name, it will help
you Win Moe.

Sam Sloan

I knew a Win Curly and a Win Larry, but no Win Moe.
Old March 11th 04, 02:17 PM
Tony D.

I found Mighty Mo. Do you wanna know her address?

Just write c/o the Crazy Horse in Myrtle Beach, S.C., she's a dancer there.

Tony D.

Old March 11th 04, 03:15 PM
Angelo DePalma

She's the sister of Dyna-Mo Humm.

"Liam Too" wrote

I found Mighty Mo. Do you wanna know her address?

Old March 11th 04, 03:23 PM
Doom & Gloom Dave

Sam Sloan wrote:
Searching for Win Moe

I am searching for a chess player from Burma named Win Moe. I met

him
in the 1990 Thailand National Championship in Bangkok which he won.

He
was then living in Thailand as a refugee.

I met him again in a World Open some time around 2000. I believe

that
he was living in Minnesota and had a 2300 rating.

The problem is I do not know how to spell his name. Can anybody give
me the correct name? His name is approximately Win Moe Tru An .

If anybody can give me the correct spelling of his name, it will

help
you Win Moe.

You mean this guy?
http://www.uschess.org/msa/MbrDtlMain.php?12585442

Old March 11th 04, 04:26 PM

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 10:23:38 -0500, "Doom & Gloom Dave"
wrote:

Sam Sloan wrote:
Searching for Win Moe

I am searching for a chess player from Burma named Win Moe. I met

him
in the 1990 Thailand National Championship in Bangkok which he won.

He
was then living in Thailand as a refugee.

I met him again in a World Open some time around 2000. I believe

that
he was living in Minnesota and had a 2300 rating.

The problem is I do not know how to spell his name. Can anybody give
me the correct name? His name is approximately Win Moe Tru An .

If anybody can give me the correct spelling of his name, it will

help
you Win Moe.

You mean this guy?
http://www.uschess.org/msa/MbrDtlMain.php?12585442

That's it !!

That has to be it.

http://www.64.com/uscf/ratings/12585442

I cannot understand why I did not simply search under the name "Moe".
I would have found it right away.

Another mistake I made was that I thought that he had played in the
World Open. Instead, he played in the New York Open.

And to all you out there who thought that I was making a joke about a
name, now you can see that there really is a 2300 chess player named
Win Moe.

Thank you very much for finding him.