Old October 17th 11, 09:22 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

Default Grandmaster Preparation by Lev Polugaevsky

On Oct 17, 4:08*am, David Ames wrote:
On Oct 15, 4:12*pm, Taylor Kingston wrote:

On Oct 15, 12:47*pm, samsloan wrote:

Fischer would often ask me what move I would play in such-and-such
position. My objective when asked such a question was to suggest the
natural move, to play it safe. I would not suggest to the Great
Fischer one of those crazy moves that I actually play in tournament
games.

The main reason I am recounting this incident here is to point out
that Fischer held Polugaevsky in the highest regard.

* No, Sam, you are trying to give the impression that you were a close
friend and adviser of Fischer and that he valued your opinion. This is
no different than the times you have claimed to have advised JFK
during the Cuban missile crisis, Ike on D-Day strategy, or Grant
during the siege of Richmond. As is well known, the only such person
who ever took your advice was Napoleon during the Russian campaign,
and we all know how that turned out.

More likely, I would say, that Fischer wanted to see if he was
overlooking anything that a (comparatively) weak player like Sam Sloan
might think of. *I believe Fischer was like a vacuum cleaner for
knowledge, that he welcomed comments that he could evaluate for his
own benefit.

David Ames

I think this is correct. When I was with Fischer he would often ask me
what move I would play in this or that position. As he was a far
better player than I was, I felt he wanted to see what a player of my
strength would play.

Old October 18th 11, 04:45 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

On Oct 17, 1:22*pm, samsloan wrote:
[...]

Sam Sloan

Why does Stan Booz keep doing this?
Old October 19th 11, 06:05 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

On Oct 19, 9:40 am, raylopez99 wrote:
On Oct 19, 1:30 am, None wrote:

samsloan wrote:
Why does Stan Booz keep doing this?

You know damn right well why I do. Stop spamming your crap here. Do
what honest businesses do, buy an ad.

You get better mileage from the guerrilla marketing that Sam does.
Advertisers know this that's why all signposts and park benches are
plastered with little stickers from various nightclubs.

RL

Grandmaster Preparation by Lev Polugaevsky or Lyev Polugayesky is
clearly a chess topic that belongs here so why does Stan Booz a/k/a
Joe Schmoe a/k/a NONE keep trying to blank it out?

Old October 19th 11, 06:21 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

On Oct 19, 1:30 am, None wrote:

samsloan wrote:
Why does Stan Booz keep doing this?

You know damn right well why I do. Stop spamming your crap here. Do
what honest businesses do, buy an ad.

You get better mileage from the guerrilla marketing that Sam does.
Advertisers know this that's why all signposts and park benches are
plastered with little stickers from various nightclubs.

RL

Grandmaster Preparation by Lev Polugaevsky or Lyev Polugayesky is
clearly a chess topic that belongs here so why does Stan Booz a/k/a
Joe Schmoe a/k/a NONE keep trying to blank it out?

Sam Sloan- Hide quoted text -

because your'e selling something and could care less about Lev