Old October 17th 11, 09:39 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

Default International Chess Master Jay Whitehead Has Died

On Oct 16, 10:18*pm, raylopez99 wrote:
On Oct 17, 12:22*am, samsloan wrote:

Jay Whitehead was constantly being kicked out or expelled from various
Hare Krishna groups and during the period 1997-2000 he kept coming
back to one of my places in Brooklyn looking for a free place to stay.
He always offered to give me chess lessons or to work around the house
such as cut the grass in return for the free place to stay, but as I
already know everything I need to know about chess nor did I have any
grass that needed cutting, I just let him stay as a service to the
chess community, as I often have done.

Sounds implausible. *Lots of grass in Brooklyn during the summer and
you never exhaust your knowledge of chess, unless you are an arrogant
prick.

Jay Whitehead often spoke about going back to Thailand and/or Korea to
visit his old “girlfriends”, whom I suspect were women of less than
perfect virtue. I wonder if he left any children back there (for us to
worship). I also wonder if this contributed to his early death at age 50.