Old October 18th 11, 04:13 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

Default Which college did Fischer attend?

On Oct 12, 4:29*pm, Alex wrote:
What college did Bobby Fischer go to?
He was a world chess champion so he must be a smart person and I want
to be a smart person so I think that I should go to his college and I
can be smart as him.

The answer to your loaded question, which I'm sure you know, is that
he dropped out at age fifteen from Erasmus High in Brookluyn, where he
and Babs Streisand used to eat lunch every day. She had a major crush
on him.

BTW, if you want to be smart, you should learn when to use the word
WHICH as opposed to WHAT.

WHICH is used when you have a fixed number of choices, such as "Which
college," while WHAT is used for an indeterminate number of
choices,e.g., "what do you want to do?"

Old October 18th 11, 04:10 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

If you want to be smarter, you won't end your question with a
preposition:

"To which college did Bobby Fischer go?"

would be the correct phrasing.

Back at you...
TMB
Old October 18th 11, 04:37 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

On Oct 18, 11:10*am, The Masked Bishop wrote:
If you want to be smarter, you won't end your question with a
preposition:

"To which college did Bobby Fischer go?"

would be the correct phrasing.

Back at you...
TMB

You can also add an object. the easiest way would be to add- asshole.

"To which college did Bobby Fischer go asshole?"

Hmmnnnn still doesn't look right. This is just the kind of nonsense up
with which I shall not put.
Old October 18th 11, 04:47 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

Then you need a comma:

"To which college did Bobby Fischer go, asshole?"

BTW, is your name short for None More Black? As in, Nigel Tufnel's
description of his latest album cover?