Old November 22nd 11, 01:16 AM posted to rec.games.chinese-chess,rec.games.chess.misc,soc.culture.china,rec.games.chess.politics,alt.chess

Default 13 players tied for lead in World Championship of Chinese Chess

After two rounds of play, there are 13 players tied for the lead with
scored of 2-0.

68 players from 24 member national federations are contesting the
World Championship plus 10 woman players.

Each member national federation is entitled to send two players, plus
one non-Chinese player plus women player.

The 13 players tied for first a

庄宏明 CHONG Heung Ming Philippines
阮明昭 JUAN Ming Chao Chinese Tiepei commonly known as Taiwan
李锦欢 LEI Kam Fun of Macao
邝伟德 Kon ISLAND of Hong Kong
梁达民 LEUNG Tat Man of Hong Kong
黄俊铭 NG Jun Ming of Singapore
蒋川 JIANG Chuan of China
庄力铭 CHENG Kah Siong of Brunai
吴宗翰 WOO Tsung Han of Singapore
许银川 XU YinChuan of China
武明一 VU Minh Ngat of Vietnam
李必炽 Michael LEE of USA West
斯隆 Sam Sloan of USA West

http://www.xiangqibowl.net/wxc/index...71&It emid=87

Old November 22nd 11, 01:39 AM posted to rec.games.chinese-chess,rec.games.chess.misc,soc.culture.china,rec.games.chess.politics,alt.chess

On Nov 21, 5:16 pm, samsloan wrote:
After two rounds of play, there are 13 players tied for the lead with
scored of 2-0.

68 players from 24 member national federations are contesting the
World Championship plus 10 woman players.

Each member national federation is entitled to send two players, plus
one non-Chinese player plus women player.

The 13 players tied for first a

庄宏明 CHONG Heung Ming Philippines
阮明昭 JUAN Ming Chao Chinese Tiepei commonly known as Taiwan
李锦欢 LEI Kam Fun of Macao
邝伟德 Kon ISLAND of Hong Kong
梁达民 LEUNG Tat Man of Hong Kong
黄俊铭 NG Jun Ming of Singapore
蒋川 JIANG Chuan of China
庄力铭 CHENG Kah Siong of Brunai
吴宗翰 WOO Tsung Han of Singapore
许银川 XU YinChuan of China
武明一 VU Minh Ngat of Vietnam
李必炽 Michael LEE of USA West
斯隆 Sam Sloan of USA West

Obviously either (a) our Sam is much better at Chinese chess than
Western chess, or (b) the skill level of this field is well below a
FIDE Championship.
Old November 22nd 11, 02:04 AM posted to rec.games.chinese-chess,rec.games.chess.misc,soc.culture.china,rec.games.chess.politics,alt.chess

"Taylor Kingston" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
[...]

ROFL

"Each Association may enter one (1) team leader, two (2) male players and
one (1) female player.
However, this quota does not apply to non-Chinese/ Vietnamese players,
i.e. the number of entry is not limited."

These are really weird conditions. Evidently Sloan simply invited himself!

The field seems to consist of several real masters and a whole
bunch of patzers.

Old November 22nd 11, 02:37 AM posted to rec.games.chinese-chess,rec.games.chess.misc,soc.culture.china,rec.games.chess.politics,alt.chess

On Nov 21, 9:04*pm, J黵gen R. wrote:

These are really weird conditions. Evidently Sloan simply invited himself!

The field seems to consist of several real masters and a whole
bunch of patzers.-

Your basic weekend swiss
Old November 22nd 11, 06:53 AM posted to rec.games.chinese-chess,rec.games.chess.misc,soc.culture.china,rec.games.chess.politics,alt.chess

I lost in Round 3 to a grandmaster, the representative of Vietnam.

Here are the moves. Perhaps you can find a website where you can play
over these moves:

Red: Vo Minh Nhat
Black: Sam Sloan
Jakarta Indonesia

1. P7+1 P7+1
2. N7+6 N2+3
3. C2=5 C8=6
4. N7+6 E7+5
5. N2+3 N8+7
6. R1=2 G4+5
7. C8=6 P9+1
8. R9-8 C2=1
9. R8+3 P9+1
10. R2+6 P9+1
11. R2=3 R9+2
12. N6+4 N7-9
13. N4+6 R1+2
14. P5+1 P9=8
15. P5+1 P5+1
16. N3+5 P5+1
17. C5+2 P8=7
18. R8+7 N3+5
19. R8+2 N5+6
20. R2=3 checkmate

I do not know where I went wrong. 18. ..... N3+5 was a mistake.
Instead I should have played 18. ...... N3-4. However, my opponent
showed me that this would have just prolonged the game. I was lost
already.

Old November 22nd 11, 02:41 PM posted to rec.games.chinese-chess,rec.games.chess.misc,soc.culture.china,rec.games.chess.politics,alt.chess

On Nov 21, 5:39 pm, Taylor Kingston wrote:
[...]

I think it is a combination of factors. I lost to the Champion of Hong
Kong. Now, my score is 2-2. It still seems likely that I will finish
near the bottom.
Old November 22nd 11, 02:42 PM posted to rec.games.chinese-chess,rec.games.chess.misc,soc.culture.china,rec.games.chess.politics,alt.chess

Here is my first round game, which I won:

FORMAT WXF
GAME RUMYANTSEV Dmitry(L)SLOAN Sam,67
TIME ;
RESULT 0-1
RED RUMYANTSEV Dmitry ; NT ; Russia
BLACK SLOAN Sam ; NT ; USA West
DATE 2011-11-21
PLACE Jakarta
EVENT World Xiangqi Championships ; 2011
ROUND MR1-T03
START{
1. C2=5 h8+7 2. H2+3 c2=4 3. R1=2 r9=8
4. R2+4 e7+5 5. P7+1 h2+3 6. H8+7 r1=2
7. R9=8 a4+5 8. A6+5 p7+1 9. C8=9 r2+9
10. H7-8 c4+2 11. C9=7 h7+8 12. R2=6 c4-4
13. P3+1 r8=7 14. E3+1 h8+7 15. P3+1 r7+4
16. R6=3 h7+9 17. R3=2 h9+7 18. K5=6 c8=7
19. C7-1 r7=4 20. C7=6 c4+8 21. C5=6 c4=1
22. H8+7 c1+1 23. E7+9 c1=6 24. H7+6 r4=7
25. A5-4 c7+5 26. E9-7 c7=9 27. R2=4 c9+2
28. A4+5 h7-8 29. R4-1 r7+5 30. K6+1 c9-1
31. A5-4 h8+7 32. K6-1 h7-6 33. H6-4 r7=6
34. K6+1 }END
Old November 22nd 11, 03:14 PM posted to rec.games.chinese-chess,rec.games.chess.misc,soc.culture.china,rec.games.chess.politics,alt.chess

"None" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
On Nov 21, 9:04 pm, J黵gen R. wrote:

These are really weird conditions. Evidently Sloan simply invited
himself!

The field seems to consist of several real masters and a whole
bunch of patzers.-

Your basic weekend swiss

The weird thing is that there are probably 50 million
xiangqi players in China who are stronger than Sloan,
but only two are admitted to the "world championship".
On the other hand, even though the tournament is open
to non-Chinese and non-Vietnamese, only 68 players came.
Chinese Chess is popular in Indonesia, but even the locals
aren't interested.
What's going on here? Maybe there is an astronomical entry
fee?

Old November 23rd 11, 01:18 AM posted to rec.games.chinese-chess,rec.games.chess.misc,soc.culture.china,rec.games.chess.politics,alt.chess

On Nov 22, 7:14*am, J黵gen R. wrote:
"None" schrieb im ...

On Nov 21, 9:04 pm, J黵gen R. wrote:

These are really weird conditions. Evidently Sloan simply invited
himself!

The field seems to consist of several real masters and a whole
bunch of patzers.-

Your basic weekend swiss

The weird thing is that there are probably 50 million
xiangqi players in China who are stronger than Sloan,
but only two are admitted to the "world championship".
On the other hand, even though the tournament is open
to non-Chinese and non-Vietnamese, only 68 players came.
Chinese Chess is popular in Indonesia, but even the locals
aren't interested.
What's going on here? Maybe there is an astronomical entry
fee?

This tournament is BY INVITATION ONLY

I am easily the strongest known player of Chinese chess in the USA who
is non-Chinese.

Therefore I was entitled to receive and did receive an invitation to
to participate in this tournament.

It is true that there are 50 million players of Chinese chess in China
and only two are invited to this event. In fact there are two former
World Champions who are here only as spectators. They are Liu Da Hua
and Zhow Go Rong. They are easily stronger than all but a few of the
players in this event. Even the currently sitting world champion was
not invited to attend this event so as to defend his title.
Nevertheless, this is a real World Championship, as the current
champion and highest rated player in China and the world is here, as
is the number two player in China.

By contract, in the International Chess World Championships, the two
strongest players, Magnus Carlson and Anand are not participating, so
this is more of a real world championship than the FIDE version.

Old November 23rd 11, 02:13 AM posted to rec.games.chinese-chess,rec.games.chess.misc,soc.culture.china,rec.games.chess.politics,alt.chess

"samsloan" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
On Nov 22, 7:14 am, J黵gen R. wrote:
"None" schrieb im

On Nov 21, 9:04 pm, J黵gen R. wrote:

[...]

Mostly bull****, of course, but as always including a few half-truths.

Logic never was one of your strengths, was it, Sloan?