Old November 22nd 11, 09:59 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

Default Student Dies at Dallas Chess Tournament

From the USCF web site

I am deeply saddened to bring the news of a tragic incident that
occurred over the weekend at our K-12 National Grade Championships in
Dallas, Texas. On Saturday around 4 pm, 17 year-old Quinton Smith from
Lubbock, Texas, a participant in the event, fell to his death from the
tower of the host hotel. Few details are available at this time. Please
join me in remembering this young man at a very difficult time.

Anyone interested in contributing to his memorial fund may do so by
following the link to Lubbock Avalanche Journal website, which contains
more information about Quinton and explains how to make a donation.

Bill Hall, Executive Director
Old November 23rd 11, 01:07 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On Nov 22, 1:59*pm, BL wrote:
*From the USCF web site

I am deeply saddened to bring the news of a tragic incident that
occurred over the weekend at our K-12 National Grade Championships in
Dallas, Texas. On Saturday around 4 pm, 17 year-old Quinton Smith from
Lubbock, Texas, a participant in the event, fell to his death from the
tower of the host hotel. Few details are available at this time. Please
join me in remembering this young man at a very difficult time.

Anyone interested in contributing to his memorial fund may do so by
following the link to Lubbock Avalanche Journal website, which contains
more information about Quinton and explains how to make a donation.

Bill Hall, Executive Director

He has been marked deceased already on the USCF website
Quinton Smith

http://www.uschess.org/msa/MbrDtlMain.php?13960134
Old November 23rd 11, 12:52 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

On Nov 22, 4:59*pm, BL wrote:

Lubbock, Texas, a participant in the event, fell to his death from the
tower of the host hotel. Few details are available at this time.

Fell or was pushed by a certain former board member more likely. It's
not a coincidence that this occured in Dallas, in November. Isn't
Texas Tech in Texas? Think about it.

More importantly, did he write any books before he died and if so who
owns he copyright? Scratch that last bit. Now that he's dead I own the
copyright. Cha ching!

The fake your smrat

Old November 23rd 11, 12:57 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

On 11/22/2011 4:59 PM, BL wrote:
From the USCF web site

I am deeply saddened to bring the news of a tragic incident that
occurred over the weekend at our K-12 National Grade Championships in
Dallas, Texas. On Saturday around 4 pm, 17 year-old Quinton Smith from
Lubbock, Texas, a participant in the event, fell to his death from the
tower of the host hotel. Few details are available at this time. Please
join me in remembering this young man at a very difficult time.

Anyone interested in contributing to his memorial fund may do so by
following the link to Lubbock Avalanche Journal website, which contains
more information about Quinton and explains how to make a donation.

Bill Hall, Executive Director

Still no word from authorities as to cause of death (yes, we know the
fall itself was likely fatal unless he was already dead when he went off
the roof). Murder, suicide or accident??
Old November 23rd 11, 01:08 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

On Nov 23, 7:57*am, BL wrote:

Still no word from authorities as to cause of death (yes, we know the
fall itself was likely fatal unless he was already dead when he went off
the roof). Murder, suicide or accident??

If he was as stupid as you it could be considered natural causes.

The fake Pauk Truong

*ARCHIVED*

Old November 23rd 11, 01:58 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

On 11/22/2011 4:59 PM, BL wrote:
From the USCF web site

I am deeply saddened to bring the news of a tragic incident that
occurred over the weekend at our K-12 National Grade Championships in
Dallas, Texas. On Saturday around 4 pm, 17 year-old Quinton Smith from
Lubbock, Texas, a participant in the event, fell to his death from the
tower of the host hotel. Few details are available at this time. Please
join me in remembering this young man at a very difficult time.

Anyone interested in contributing to his memorial fund may do so by
following the link to Lubbock Avalanche Journal website, which contains
more information about Quinton and explains how to make a donation.

Bill Hall, Executive Director

And not one word of this tragedy on Polgar's chess news site/blog. Not
one word of public condolence to the Smith family from Polgar for a kid
from Lubbock. Perhaps this is because he was playing in Dallas at a USCF
national event? Shame.
Old November 23rd 11, 11:22 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

On Nov 23, 8:58*am, BL wrote:

And not one word of this tragedy on Polgar's chess news site/blog. Not
one word of public condolence to the Smith family from Polgar for a kid
from Lubbock. Perhaps this is because he was playing in Dallas at a USCF
national event? *Shame.

My only regret is that more people weren't killed so that you could
point out how much more callous Polgar is being by not mentioning the
tragic circumstances.
Old November 24th 11, 12:55 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,soc.culture.japan,alt.chess

I think there are reasons why apparent suicides should not be
mentioned, mainly because of the likelihood of copy-cats.

I am very upset about a Japanese movie that depicts 54 Japanese girls
holding hands and smiling as they jump in front of a subway train and
kill themselves. Such a movie should never have been made (even though
it was a commercial and financial success) and, since it was made, it
should never be shown, I am sorry I saw it myself.

Old November 24th 11, 12:53 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,soc.culture.japan,alt.chess

On Nov 24, 8:55*am, samsloan wrote:
I think there are reasons why apparent suicides should not be
mentioned, mainly because of the likelihood of copy-cats.

I am very upset about a Japanese movie that depicts 54 Japanese girls
holding hands and smiling as they jump in front of a subway train and
kill themselves. Such a movie should never have been made (even though
it was a commercial and financial success) and, since it was made, it
should never be shown, I am sorry I saw it myself.

Sam Sloan

You saw a snuff film and failed to report it to police? You are more
sleazy than the real Sam Sloan, or Charlie Sheen. Sheen once reported
to police what he thought was a snuff film (turns out it was fake, but
it shows Sheen does have some sense of morality).

RL
Old November 24th 11, 02:00 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,soc.culture.japan,alt.chess

On Nov 24, 4:53*am, raylopez99 wrote:
On Nov 24, 8:55*am, samsloan wrote:

I think there are reasons why apparent suicides should not be
mentioned, mainly because of the likelihood of copy-cats.

I am very upset about a Japanese movie that depicts 54 Japanese girls
holding hands and smiling as they jump in front of a subway train and
kill themselves. Such a movie should never have been made (even though
it was a commercial and financial success) and, since it was made, it
should never be shown, I am sorry I saw it myself.

Sam Sloan

You saw a snuff film and failed to report it to police? * You are more
sleazy than the real Sam Sloan, or Charlie Sheen. *Sheen once reported
to police what he thought was a snuff film (turns out it was fake, but
it shows Sheen does have some sense of morality).

RL

The movie I describe was not a "snuff film". It was a first run movie
that won prizes at the Cannes Film Festival, especially for the scene
where the wheel of the subway train runs over the teenaged girls head
and splatters blood all over everywhere.

In my opinion the movie should never have been made and should never
be shown. It shows how low movie producers will go to make a buck.