Old March 16th 04, 05:39 AM
ComputerlessBrother

Default Tournament $Dollars

Have we ever seen the actual 'nuts and bolts' 'nitty gritty' of the
USCF financials for 2002/2003? What money did the USCF receive from
what tournaments? How much money did the USCF receive from each of
the Amatuer Team events? How much money did the USCF receive from
each of the Scholastic events?
How much money did the USCF receive from the US Open? Are the exact
figures available somewhere? I did not notice them on the USCF web
site. I know that a set of general financials for 2002/2003 are
available. This is the same information that was available to
delegates in Los Angeles. However, I would like to know the
particulars for tournament revenues for the USCF. Can someone out
there help with this?

Larry S. Cohen
Illinois Delegate
Old March 17th 04, 01:19 AM
StanB

"ComputerlessBrother" wrote in message
om...

Have we ever seen the actual 'nuts and bolts' 'nitty gritty' of the
USCF financials for 2002/2003? What money did the USCF receive from
what tournaments? How much money did the USCF receive from each of
the Amatuer Team events? How much money did the USCF receive from
each of the Scholastic events?
How much money did the USCF receive from the US Open? Are the exact
figures available somewhere? I did not notice them on the USCF web
site. I know that a set of general financials for 2002/2003 are
available. This is the same information that was available to
delegates in Los Angeles. However, I would like to know the
particulars for tournament revenues for the USCF. Can someone out
there help with this?

Event accounting is not done. Frankly, we don't have the resources. And the
record keeping by the directors is flat out awful.

StanB

Old March 17th 04, 01:21 AM
StanB

"ASCACHESS" wrote in message

There are no tournament only financials.
USCF has no idea whether it makes money on the national scholastics nor

any
idea how much it loses annually on the US Open.

I'd say that's a fair set of statements.

A skeleton crew to take care of ratings and a magazine without any of the
current crew of politicians would be just about ideal.

Yup.

StanB

Old March 18th 04, 04:28 AM
ComputerlessBrother

"StanB" wrote in message ...
[...]

Boy, the USCF and the directors sure have gone down hill. I do know
that at the 1999 meeting in reno the financials did include specifics
for each of the National tournaments. To bad it just can't be done
anymore.

Lawrence Cohen
Old March 18th 04, 04:47 AM
ASCACHESS

Boy, the USCF and the directors sure have gone down hill. I do know
that at the 1999 meeting in reno the financials did include specifics
for each of the National tournaments. To bad it just can't be done
anymore.

Lawrence Cohen

Your memory fails you.
The only financials produced for the national events in 1999 were fraudulent.
Didn't you see the John L White report in St Paul 2000? No one was doing
tournament accounting and no one was keeping track of what was sold at the
concessions at national events.

By the way, Beatriz produced the financials for the 1999 National Elementary
and even though they were produced on the same day, they didn't come within
thousands of dollars of agreeing with each other.

Later we learned from the White report that Beatriz had done no accounting.
Beatriz has never come clean.

Ah for the good old days when we didn't know we were being lied to.
It makes you go hmmm.

Rp

Old March 18th 04, 01:49 PM
StanB

"ComputerlessBrother" wrote in message
om...

Event accounting is not done. Frankly, we don't have the resources. And

the
record keeping by the directors is flat out awful.

Boy, the USCF and the directors sure have gone down hill. I do know
that at the 1999 meeting in reno the financials did include specifics
for each of the National tournaments. To bad it just can't be done
anymore.

How accurate were the numbers?

StanB

Old March 18th 04, 01:59 PM
Chessdon

Event accounting is not done.

What event accounting?

Most events USCF delegates, operate on a per player (like $3) fee that the
organizer gives to the USCF. Number of tournament players is all the accounting
the USCF needs.

There are exceptions such as the last LA US Open and that in fact had a great
deal of detail accounting.

Don Schultz

Old March 18th 04, 03:35 PM
ASCACHESS

Event accounting is not done.

What event accounting?

Most events USCF delegates, operate on a per player (like $3) fee that the
organizer gives to the USCF. Number of tournament players is all the
accounting
the USCF needs.

There are exceptions such as the last LA US Open and that in fact had a great
deal of detail accounting.

Don Schultz

Wow.
The morals of Clinton.
The memory of a worm.

Based on Beatriz Marinello's fraudulent accounting of the 1999 National
Elementary, USCF (with Don Schultz as President) sued me over a contract which
paid USCF a fixed dollar amount per player.
When will Beatriz, the current USCF President, come forward and admit what she
did?
The wonder of it is, USCF collected virtually all the entry fees but shorted
the accounting by about $20,000 when they didn't include credit card entries or
contributions made to the event.

Don apparently thought that the "accounting" was good enough to sue me over.
However, it turned out that this later 2004 version of "Don" was correct when
he wrote "What event accounting?".

No accounting was done (according to the John L White report prepared by Bob
Smith's guy) and the lawsuit was a political ploy and a lie.

Sheesh
Richard Peterson
Old March 19th 04, 11:55 PM
Terry Wright

There are no tournament only financials.
USCF has no idea whether it makes money on the national scholastics nor any
idea how much it loses annually on the US Open.

It would be easy to say this was caused by the involvement of the USCF office
in tournament staffing and planning, but the truth is no one has ever done the
accounting so we just don't know.

I recently graduated in accounting and can give a little input here.
Matching revenue to the costs created in generating the revenue is
*very* important in any business.

Quick question--what sort of financial advising does the USCF receive?

Terry