Old March 19th 04, 01:51 AM
RSHaas

Default Old Haasie is messing around with a lady

I still fool around with this occasionally as black: 1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 Qe7...
It has a name but I forget what. Nevertheless, have you played this odd
defense? Any luck with it?

Old Haasie
Old March 19th 04, 02:06 AM
Tim Hanke

"RSHaas" wrote ...
I still fool around with this occasionally as black: 1. e4 e5 2. Nf3

Qe7...
It has a name but I forget what. Nevertheless, have you played this odd
defense? Any luck with it?

This is called the Metro District Defense. Not good, but has novelty value
in making the opponent think. Unfortunately it lacks rational underpinnings,
which limits its potential.

Tim Hanke

Old March 19th 04, 02:11 AM
Neil Brennen

"Tim Hanke" wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s03...
"RSHaas" wrote ...
I still fool around with this occasionally as black: 1. e4 e5 2. Nf3

Qe7...
It has a name but I forget what. Nevertheless, have you played this odd
defense? Any luck with it?

This is called the Metro District Defense. Not good, but has novelty value
in making the opponent think. Unfortunately it lacks rational

underpinnings,
which limits its potential.

Tim Hanke

It's an opening that is largely ignored by chess publications, possibly
because whenever a game in this line is published, the magazine or
newsletter loses its funding.

Old March 19th 04, 03:35 AM
Ray Gordon

"Tim Hanke" wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s03...
"RSHaas" wrote ...
I still fool around with this occasionally as black: 1. e4 e5 2. Nf3

Qe7...
It has a name but I forget what. Nevertheless, have you played this odd
defense? Any luck with it?

It's called the "White Better Know His Middlegames And General Opening
Theory" defense.

1. e4 e5
2. Nf3 Qe7
3. Nc3 with the threats of Nd5, d4, Be3, Bc4, 0-0 looming, and a strong
advantage for White.

--
Everything you need to know about women. FREE!

http://www.cybersheet.com/library.html
The Seduction Library

http://www.cybersheet.com/hotties.html
Why Hotties Choose Losers

Old March 19th 04, 03:37 AM
RSHaas

"It's an opening that is largely ignored by chess publications, possibly
because whenever a game in this line is published, the magazine or newsletter
loses its funding." (Neil Brennen)
Neil, allow me to be the first to congratulate you on your recent award as the
Chess Urinalist of the Year.

RSHaas