Old March 22nd 04, 04:11 PM
Jerzy

Default Sam Sloan and Family make ChessBase Magazine

"Sam Sloan" wrote in message
Sam Sloan and Family make ChessBase Magazine

Take a look at this. This is a must-see. You will not believe it when
you see it.

http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=1539

Even I do not believe it, and I have seen it (and wrote it).

OK Sam, it will be great if someone (for example Gata Kamsky) changes FIDE
politics. I hope it`s not just another "canard" as they wrote there ;-)

Regards,
Jerzy

Old March 23rd 04, 12:50 AM
John Fernandez

At 02:28 PM 3/22/2004, Sam Sloan wrote:
Roustam Kamsky just called me. He is very angry about the article.
However, his only specific complaint is that I said that Gata had not
graduated from high school. Roustam says that Gata graduated from high
school in Russia at age 13 before he came to America.

Sam Sloan

Actually, the complaint probably has to do with the fact that you forwarded
an e-mail with their personal contact info to a huge mailing list, then
wrote multiple e-mails and newsgroup postings broadcasted all over the
world with details of Gata's family life, education, and practically every
other aspect of his private life.

Just a guess...

John Fernandez

Old March 23rd 04, 08:13 AM
Jane Adams

Angelo,

It's called fiction ... "The Amityville Horror" (as told to Scam Sloan)

Jane
http://users.lvcm.com/jadams

Old March 23rd 04, 03:28 PM
John Fernandez

Subject: Sam Sloan and Family make ChessBase Magazine
From: "Angelo DePalma"
Date: 3/23/2004 1:59 AM Eastern Standard Time
Johnny, it's called journalism.

Not good journalism.

John Fernandez

Old March 23rd 04, 04:41 PM
Angelo DePalma

It's good if it's true, or if he's reporting what he saw and heard. You'd be
surprised at the crap that finds its way into reputable news media. Ever
hear of Jayson Blair?

From: "Angelo DePalma"
Date: 3/23/2004 1:59 AM Eastern Standard Time

Old March 24th 04, 12:49 AM
Neil Brennen

"Angelo DePalma" wrote in message

It's good if it's true, or if he's reporting what he saw and heard. You'd

be
surprised at the crap that finds its way into reputable news media.

And thus we should encourage "crap" (another Angelo-Saxon word) because
there are bad journalists and bad journalism? Another blinding insight from
DePalma. Please page ChessDon, we've got another potential Cramer Committee
member...

Ever
hear of Jayson Blair?

Are you praising him, Angelo?

Old March 24th 04, 04:41 AM
Angelo DePalma

F u cn rd ths u cn gt a gd jb:

***** * * ***** * * * * ** * *
* * * * * * * * * *
*
*** * * * * * * * *
*
* * * * ** * * * *
*
* **** **** * * *

nk.net...

Old March 24th 04, 11:36 AM
Neil Brennen

"Angelo DePalma" wrote in message
F u cn rd ths u cn gt a gd jb:

***** * * ***** * * * * ** * *
* * * * * * * * * *
*
*** * * * * * * * *
*
* * * * ** * * *

*
*
* **** **** * * *

Oh what in the heck is Angelo babbling about now?

Old March 24th 04, 11:52 AM
Neil Brennen

"Curt Seefeldt" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Fwiw...I enjoy Sam's posts. For one,assuming he is a troll, which I
doubt...his posts are somewhat refreshing and also he is a gentleman in

that
he refrains from vulgarity.

Examples of the non-vulgar postings of Sam Sloan, Gentleman:

"A few weeks later, I moved out of the Shuttle's apartment. She was too
slutty for even my very low standards."

"In the first place, I have no plans to look for her. I lived with her
for two months and then moved out. I could have had her any time I
wanted, provided that I used her vibrator, of course. She was so
terrible that, once I really knew what she was like, I could not get
it up with her, a problem I have never had with any woman since."

"On the other hand, if I published a list of chess masters she slept
with, I can understand that there would be objections. However, I will
give you a hint: Just about everybody at the Marshall Chess Club."