Old January 26th 12, 11:54 AM posted to talk.politics.libertarian,alt.politics.libertarian,alt.politics,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

Default "Stop Sam Sloan" Campaign already under way !

Why is Gary Johnson listed on the lp.org website? He does not meet two
of the announced criteria. He is listed on the FEC Website as a
Republican Party Candidate for US President, NOT as a Libertarian
Party Candidate for US President, thus violating two of the four
rules.

http://www.fec.gov/press/press2011/p..._form2nm.shtml

http://www.lp.org/blogs/staff/2012-l...ial-candidates

He has NOT filed to run for president with the F.E.C. as a Libertarian
and he is NOT Seeking the nomination of the Libertarian Party
exclusively. His "contact information" is weak. He just joined the
Libertarian Party last week and then only because he is failing to get
the Republican Party Nomination, whereas I first joined the New York
Libertarian Party in 1973 and I have never been a member of nor have I
ever sought the nomination of any political party other than the
Libertarian Party. Why is Gary Johnson, an interloper, a "serious
candidate" and I am not?

Old January 26th 12, 12:16 PM posted to talk.politics.libertarian,alt.politics.libertarian,alt.politics.republican,rec.games.chess.politics,alt.politics.democrats

Sam Sloan has been removed from the Libertarian Party website as a
candidate for US President and Gary Johnson has been added. Also, two
new criteria have been added specifically for the purpose of keeping
Sam Sloan out.

http://www.anusha.com/sam4pres.htm

Old January 26th 12, 03:03 PM posted to talk.politics.libertarian,alt.politics.libertarian,alt.politics.republican,rec.games.chess.politics,alt.politics.democrats

This does not show an error by the FEC at all.

Gary Johnson filed as a Republican Party Candidate for US President on
May 2, 2011.

Here is his signed filing.

http://images.nictusa.com/cgi-bin/fe..._11030601856+0

Has he ever announced that he is no longer seeking the Republican
Party Nomination? I have seen no such announcement.

Now that he is obviously not getting the Republican Party nomination,
a few days ago he joined the Libertarian Party and filed an unsigned
AMENDED petition stating that he is now seeking the Libertarian Party
nomination.

The newly announced rule states that he must be "Seeking the
nomination of the Libertarian Party exclusively". Do you seriously
contend that by filing this amended petition he has complied with this
rule?

Sam Sloan

On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 5:55 AM, Rob Power
wrote:

Johnson has been listed as a Libertarian on the FEC website since
January 5:
http://images.nictusa.com/cgi-bin/fecimg/?P20002671
That they have an error in their big list of candidates (http://
fec.gov/press/press2011/presidential_form2nm.shtml), still showing him
as a Republican, is only one more piece of evidence that government is
thoroughly incompetent -- not that Johnson has failed to register with
the FEC as a Libertarian.
Johnson meets all of the lp.org criteria for being listed. I
won't go into the reasons why other candidates aren't listed. Just
wanted to correct this huge error, sent to so many people, claiming
that Johnson does not meet the LP criteria.

Old January 26th 12, 04:42 PM posted to talk.politics.libertarian,alt.politics.libertarian,alt.politics,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

On Jan 26, 3:54*am, samsloan wrote:

I have never been a member of nor have I
ever sought the nomination of any political party other than the
Libertarian Party.

Sam wisely wants to make sure he doesn't spread himself too thin.

Why is Gary Johnson, an interloper, a "serious
candidate" and I am not?

Everyone but Sam is in on this joke.
Old January 26th 12, 07:10 PM posted to talk.politics.libertarian,alt.politics.libertarian,alt.politics,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

Of course I cannot vote in your PUNY American elections.
For I am a Zonk from the planet BONK.
But I would vote for Mr Sloan if I was able to vote!

Victory to Sam!

Old January 26th 12, 07:51 PM posted to talk.politics.libertarian,alt.politics.libertarian,alt.politics,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

Mounting a "stop Sam Sloan" campaign is like circulating a petition
to forbid water from flowing up hill.
Old January 27th 12, 02:01 PM posted to talk.politics.libertarian,alt.politics.libertarian,alt.politics,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

On Jan 26, 2:51*pm, Taylor Kingston wrote:

* Mounting a "stop Sam Sloan" campaign is like circulating a petition
to forbid water from flowing up hill.

Unless this is the fake Sam Sloan running for president, which would
create a sort of reverse Manchurian candidate scenario the likely
upshot of which is that the real Sam Sloan ends up assassinating
himself by mistake and the fake Sam Sloan republishes the book by
Richard Condon - violating that novel's copyright, as well as the
copyright of Robert Graves' I Claudius, from whence the Manchurian
Candidate was plagiarized - which is then made into a movie in which
Gary Glitter revives his career by playing both Sam Sloans.
Old January 27th 12, 05:59 PM posted to talk.politics.libertarian,alt.politics.libertarian,alt.politics,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

On Jan 27, 6:01*am, Your smrat wrote:

Unless this is the fake Sam Sloan running for president, which would
create a sort of reverse Manchurian candidate scenario the likely
upshot of which is that the real Sam Sloan ends up assassinating
himself by mistake and the fake Sam Sloan republishes the book by
Richard Condon - violating that novel's copyright, as well as the
copyright of Robert Graves' I Claudius, from whence the Manchurian
Candidate was plagiarized

Interesting. I had not heard of this plagiarism charge, and at first
I thought you were pulling our collective leg, but checking various
sources online I see that the charge was made in earnest and has some
basis. Apparently, though, Condon just took the odd sentence or two
here and there, and borrowed from other sources besides Graves' novel.

Old January 28th 12, 04:12 PM posted to talk.politics.libertarian,alt.politics.libertarian,alt.politics,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

On Jan 27, 12:59*pm, Taylor Kingston wrote:
On Jan 27, 6:01*am, Your smrat wrote:

Unless this is the fake Sam Sloan running for president, which would
create a sort of reverse Manchurian candidate scenario the likely
upshot of which is that the real Sam Sloan ends up assassinating
himself by mistake and the fake Sam Sloan republishes the book by
Richard Condon - violating that novel's copyright, as well as the
copyright of Robert Graves' I Claudius, from whence the Manchurian
Candidate was plagiarized

* Interesting. I had not heard of this plagiarism charge, and at first
I thought you were pulling our collective leg, but checking various
sources online I see that the charge was made in earnest and has some
basis. Apparently, though, Condon just took the odd sentence or two
here and there, and borrowed from other sources besides Graves' novel.

I suppose it is minor plagiarism, even if Graves' title is an utter
white-wash and fiction of 'dear old' Claudius, who seems to have
gained a world record for crucifying children.

Old January 28th 12, 05:30 PM posted to talk.politics.libertarian,alt.politics.libertarian,alt.politics,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

On Jan 28, 8:12*am, ChessFire wrote:
[...]

The clearest example seems to be this sentence:

"Johnny knew in his superstitious heart of hearts that his marriage to
Raymond's mother was an impious thing and this knowledge, it seems,
affected him nervously, putting an inner restraint upon his flesh."

This was lifted, with minor additions, from a passage in "I,
Claudius" describing Augustus' lack of sexual interest in his wife
Livia:

"He knew that the marriage was impious: this knowledge, it seems,
affected him nervously, putting an inner restraint on his flesh."

even if Graves' title is an utter
white-wash and fiction of 'dear old' Claudius, who seems to have
gained a world record for crucifying children.

Yes, the historians I've read (e.g. Michael Grant) indicate that
Claudius, though one of the more benevolent and responsible of Roman
rulers, was quite autocratic, authoritarian and occasionally ruthless,
and not at all the gentle small-r republican Graves portrayed. Hadn't
heard about the crucifying children bit, though.

More about the plagiarism can be read he

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...04/DD13399.DTL