Old April 3rd 04, 07:35 PM
Goran Tomic

Default Higgledy - piggledy

Higgledy - piggledy

There are many changes, not only in chess, chess web sites, but moreover on
the world scene.
It wouldn't be big loss when Chess Cafe switch off. At least it wouldn't be
tragedy for chess fans. Millions of the web sites were failed. Some warnings
about copyright violation seem ridiculous when you see every day much bigger
violation like killing innocent people and destroying their countries. Some
countries suffered big loss in human lives and material goods. By the way,
their chess development was stopped.

We can remind with a nostalgia old good times, old civilizations, and the
time of progress. We could remember some tournaments and matches, in Bled,
Buenos Aires, Reykjavik. Chess history can be proud on these and many other
events. But, it would be sin if we don't mention tournaments which are not
less important in humanity development and understanding among different
people, religions and nations.

Here is one tournament, played in Bagdad, before the tragedy and biggest
injustice which happened to befriend Iraq people.
We could remind of Bagdad Tournament: 11th Saddam Hussein Cup which took
place in Bagdad, Iraq 20th-28th September 2002. Then Iraqi Chess and
Yugoslavia chess Federations signed a sports cooperation agreement in
Bagdad.

Final standings (individual tournament): 1-2. Sarsam S.A (IM 2409-IRQ),
Abdullah Ali (IRQ) 7 points 3. Amdzad A. (IRQ) 6,5 4-8. Aziz A. (IRQ), Samir
M. (Syria), Keserovic Milan (YUG), Abas B.(IRQ), Salem T. (IRQ) 6 9-10.
Hajder A. (IRQ), Ahmad H. (Syria) po 5,5 ...

Final standings (team tournament): 1. Iraq 14 points 2. Syria 11,5 3.
Yugoslavia 11 4. Palestine 11
Look and enjoy in a nice game played by the best Iraq's player,
international master Sarsam, in Bled Olympiad.

S Kantinti (2200) - S Sarsam (2409) [C55]
Bled Olympiad Bled SLO (3), 28.10.2002

1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nf6 3.Nc3 Nc6 4.Bc4 Nxe4 5.Bxf7+ Kxf7 6.Nxe4 d5 7.Neg5+ Kg8
8.d4 h6 9.Nh3 Bxh3 10.gxh3 exd4 11.Nxd4 Qh4 12.Ne2 d4 13.0-0 Qxh3 14.Nxd4
Bd6 15.f4 Nxd4 16.Qxd4 Re8 17.Bd2 Qf5 18.Qd3 Qxd3 19.cxd3 Re2 20.Bc3 Kf7
21.Rae1 Rhe8 22.Be5 Rxe1 23.Rxe1 Bxe5 24.fxe5 Rd8 25.Rc1 c6 26.Rc3 Ke6
27.Rb3 b6 28.Ra3 Rd7 29.d4 Rxd4 30.Rxa7 Rg4+ 31.Kf2 Kxe5 32.Ra6 Rb4 33.b3
Kd5 34.Ra7 g5 35.Rh7 Rh4 36.Kg3 b5 37.a3 c5 38.Rb7 Kc6 39.Rf7 c4 40.Rf6+ Kb7
41.Rf7+ Kb6 42.Rf6+ Ka5 43.Rf3 Rd4 44.Rc3 h5 45.Kf2 Kb6 46.Re3 Rd2+ 47.Kg1
Kc5 48.b4+ Kd4 49.Re8 c3 50.Rd8+ Ke5 0-1

By the way, my country changed the famous name Yugoslavia to Serbia and
Montenegro!

Goran Tomic
Serbia and Montenegro (Yugoslavia)

Old April 3rd 04, 10:58 PM
John Fernandez

By the way, my country changed the famous name Yugoslavia to Serbia and
Montenegro!

Goran Tomic
Serbia and Montenegro (Yugoslavia)

I thought it was now Srbija i Crna Gora now? (Or is it the same thing?) Crna
looks like it means Black and Gora means mountain, and QED?

John Fernandez
Old April 4th 04, 02:59 AM
Locked Room

"Goran Tomic" wrote in message ...
Higgledy - piggledy

It wouldn't be big loss when Chess Cafe switch off. At least it wouldn't be
tragedy for chess fans.

Same for pakchess.com. There are lots of chess sites. What matters is
who is in Heaven and how do we get there.

Some warnings
about copyright violation seem ridiculous when you see every day much bigger
violation like killing innocent people and destroying their countries. Some
countries suffered big loss in human lives and material goods.

So forget about smaller sins because larger ones are also committed?
Have you discussed this idea with your priest?

Innocent people are being killed right now in the Sudan. Muslims
slaughter Christians who refuse to convert to Islam. From a news
article: "Villagers in several areas of the northeast Upper Nile
region say that when women are captured by government forces they are
asked: "Are you Christian or Muslim?" Women who answer "Muslim" are
set free, but typically soldiers gang-rape those who answer
"Christian" then cut off their breasts and leave them to die as an
example for others."

Christ will eventually win out over this Satanic "religion." The
people of Sudan will one day have a chance at peace, as the Iraqi
people have their chance. A day will come when most people named
Mohammed will be Christians. Then we can play chess in peace and
freedom without fear.

Here is one tournament, played in Bagdad, before the tragedy and biggest
injustice which happened to befriend Iraq people.

With Christian love, I humbly bring to your attention that you made a
typo. This game was played AFTER Iraq was overrun by Islam many
centuries ago, and it was also played AFTER Saddam murdered hundreds
of thousands of Iraqis and buried their bodies in mass graves. Praise
Jesus, Saddam is gone, and the other will follow.

By the way, my country changed the famous name Yugoslavia to Serbia and
Montenegro!

Goran Tomic
Serbia and Montenegro (Yugoslavia)

Serbia & Montenegro is 20 percent Muslim. Do not despair! Be strong in
your faith. Know that God will defeat Lucifer, but you must remain
faithful, and we must unite the branches of Christianity, Orthodox,
Catholic, Protestant. Can you help? Christ is waiting. Maranatha. Your
brother in Christ,
Old April 4th 04, 01:58 PM
Chess One

"John Fernandez" wrote in message
By the way, my country changed the famous name Yugoslavia to Serbia and
Montenegro!

Goran Tomic
Serbia and Montenegro (Yugoslavia)

I thought it was now Srbija i Crna Gora now? (Or is it the same thing?)

Crna
looks like it means Black and Gora means mountain, and QED?

John, an excellent novel is the title, "Montenegro" by Lawrence Starling,
the chief editor of Norton - the book is set just before the first world
war. Starling was chiefly responsible for the literary success of Patrick
O'Brian, successfully promoting his books here in the US when the Brit
establishment couldn't figure out if he was chalk or cheese.

I liked the novel particularly for its appreciation of the place and the
culture, and the forces acting on them by way of the characters. I once
shared the novel with a Serb journalist during the more recent troubles. She
thought it evoked the bitter-sweet poetic truth.

Cordially, Tomas!

John Fernandez

Old April 4th 04, 05:40 PM
The Masked Bishop

it was also played AFTER Saddam murdered hundreds
of thousands of Iraqis

And this was after the Christians murdered hundreds of thousands of
infidels in the Crusades, right?

Have you discussed this idea with your priest?

I was going to, but then he tried to stick his penis in my ass, so I
had to flee.
Old April 5th 04, 10:12 PM
Goran Tomic

Default Chess and human duty

The people in Botswana like chess. Our famous international master worked as
a chess trainer in Botswana. Once he played simultaneous exhibition in Maun,
on 25 board. One participant of the simultaneous exhibition, Maokisa Maokisa
came from the village Sakade, 400 kilometers away. Chess created very
positive influence and friendship among people different counties,
religious, races.
Many injustice happened in the Chess World Federation, but it's only a bit
of the world injustice what happened to countries which are small measured
by their dimension and/or number of people. But you can find many
extraordinary people, enormous humanity, creativity and strong chess
players. I remember very had time for my country when we were under economic
and political sanctions. Our people suffered a lot, many people died by
starving or lack of medicines. It's interesting that a small country
Zimbabwe voted against planned sanctions. We appreciated a lot the action of
friendship Zimbabwe. I know that in "modern world" there are many prejudices
about people in Africa. You can read very few texts about it.
I know that my text(s) won't change anything in the world (or in the chess),
like Zimbabwe's vote against sanction to my country. But we fulfilled our
chess and human duty.
Here is the game of the best chess player from Zimbabwe. It was played in
Bled Olympiad (in Slovenia). Look at that beautiful game. It's only a bit of
Zimbabwe's genius!

R Gwaze (2280) - T Nyback (2445) [B07]
Olympiad Bled SLO (1), 26.10.2002

1.e4 d6 2.d4 Nf6 3.Nc3 g6 4.f3 c6 5.Be3 b5 6.Qd2 Nbd7 7.g4 Nb6 8.g5 Nfd7
9.d5 Ne5 10.dxc6 Nbc4 11.c7 Qxc7 12.Nd5 Qb7 13.Bxc4 Nxc4 14.Qc3 Rg8 15.Bf2
Be6 16.0-0-0 Rc8 17.Qb3 Bg7 18.c3 Nxb2 19.Qxb2 Bxd5 20.Rxd5 Bxc3 21.Qe2 Qc6
22.Kb1 e6 23.Rd1 Qa6 24.Bd4 Qa3 25.Qxb5+ Kf8 26.Qb3 Qa5 27.Rc1 Qxg5 28.Ne2
Ke7 29.Qb7+ 1-0