Old April 5th 04, 03:11 AM
Doctor Who

Default Short Film: "CheckMating"

I hope you enjoy watching this short chess film called "CheckMating"

http://atomfilms.shockwave.com/af/content/atom_7
Old April 5th 04, 03:41 AM
Sara Walsh

I enjoyed that.

Reminds me and my various conversations with potential datees.

Though the wrong color being in the right hand square did bug me.

Thanks for the link.

*curtsy*

Sara Walsh

om...

Old April 8th 04, 01:25 PM

On 4 Apr 2004 19:11:34 -0700, (Doctor Who) wrote:

I hope you enjoy watching this short chess film called "CheckMating"

http://atomfilms.shockwave.com/af/content/atom_7

A very nice film. I hope everybody watches it.

A beautiful lady plays chess with several dates, hoping to find a
potential mate. I am so sorry she did not put me to this test.

Her first opponent has a nice bright smile, but his moves on the board
show he is really stupid and she ditches him.

One by one she dispatches her opponents until she finds the man who
can best her. Again, it is too bad she did not play against me.

Chess players will be distracted by the fact that the chess board is
often sent up wrong, with the black square in the right corner, and
the moves are very weak. One game starts 1. Nc3 e6 2. b4. Of course
her opponent does not see that he can play Bxb4. Other opponents do
not even know the legal moves of chess. However, these are minor
details.

Old April 8th 04, 06:08 PM
Benjamin Jordan

Cute, but my vote still goes to the original Thomas Crown Affair :-)

om...

Old April 8th 04, 11:56 PM
drahmiel

Also check out "Endgame"
http://atomfilms.shockwave.com/af/content/atom_332

Old April 9th 04, 01:47 AM

On 08 Apr 2004 22:56:26 GMT, (drahmiel) wrote:

Also check out "Endgame"
http://atomfilms.shockwave.com/af/content/atom_332

Nice movie, although not as good as the other one.

Do you know how they make these? What kind of cameras and technical
equipment do they use? I think we can do better.