Old April 10th 04, 03:46 AM
ASCACHESS

Default USCF Information Blackout

Is it just me or is going McCrary beginning to look a fountain of light
compared to the office now?

Rp
Old April 10th 04, 09:17 AM
Fifiela

Is it just me or is going McCrary beginning to look a fountain of light
compared to the office now?

It's just you.
Old April 10th 04, 05:06 PM
The Masked Bishop

I'ts me too. Our new Executive Director, Bill Goichberg, has yet to
publish any letter or communication to the membership, despite being
in the position for months. No outline of his plans, no request for
our blessing, nothing. The silence speaks volumes.

Our new President, Beatriz Marinello, was at last call down in South
America for medical reasons. There's been no update on her condition,
her ability to lead our organization, or even her current whereabouts.

So yeah, we're pretty much like China now...no-one knows who's really
running things, what they are doing, and the only notice the public
will ever get is when their dues go up. Just keep paying your
membership and shut up.

Don't Renew. Take a year off from the USCF.

TMB
Old April 10th 04, 09:54 PM
StanB

"ASCACHESS" wrote in message

Is it just me or is going McCrary beginning to look a fountain of light
compared to the office now?

???

StanB

Old April 10th 04, 10:17 PM
StanB

"The Masked Bishop" wrote in message
om...

I'ts me too. Our new Executive Director, Bill Goichberg, has yet to
publish any letter or communication to the membership, despite being
in the position for months. No outline of his plans, no request for
our blessing, nothing. The silence speaks volumes.

Recently, he signed up Susan Polgar to appear at various functions. Even
though she has threatened to sue assorted people for assorted reasons. Given
the issues with Dick Petersen, you'd think we'd learnt by now.

Our new President, Beatriz Marinello, was at last call down in South
America for medical reasons. There's been no update on her condition,
her ability to lead our organization, or even her current whereabouts.

She has been quite active. I met with her in Parsippany a while back, talked
to her on the phone several times since. She is in Florida teaching chess.
Perhaps you missed her update, here, a few weeks back.

So yeah, we're pretty much like China now...no-one knows who's really
running things, what they are doing, and the only notice the public
will ever get is when their dues go up. Just keep paying your
membership and shut up.

Always good advice.

StanB

Old April 10th 04, 10:22 PM

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 17:17:30 -0400, "StanB"
wrote:

Recently, he signed up Susan Polgar to appear at various functions. Even
though she has threatened to sue assorted people for assorted reasons. Given
the issues with Dick Petersen, you'd think we'd learnt by now.

Who is this Dick Petersen and what are the issues with him?

Old April 11th 04, 02:33 PM
HAASpittle

"Well, let's see - last Sunday she was handing out trophies to the
kiddies at the National Elementary.
(Ken Sloan)
==============
That's alotta heavy reps, too.

Haas
Old April 12th 04, 03:53 AM
The Masked Bishop

Well, let's see - last Sunday she was handing out trophies to the
kiddies at the National Elementary.

That's heartwarming, it really is, but it doesn't change the basic
fact that as far as adult membership goes, there's been no regular
communication from either Marinello or Goichberg. I've never even seen
a PHOTO of Goichberg...I'm serious, can anyone remember a photo of our
current Executive Director ever published in Chess Life, especially
since he became ED? He certainly never posted a note in the magazine,
which common courtesy would dictate. So the vast majority of
membership has no idea who this guy is, what's his history, or what
his plans are.

TMB