Old April 10th 04, 09:32 PM
Locked Room

Default Lev Khariton's Appeal: NO to Massacre and Genocide!

Bush Orders Troops Out Of Iraq After Internet Criticism

WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Bush ordered all U.S. troops out of Iraq
within a week after coming under hard criticism from a world-renowned
expert on international affairs.

The decision to withdraw troops was made after Bush read several
Internet political columns written by Lev Khariton, whose writings are
published on the influential website www.pakchess.com. Khariton's
latest appeal against the U.S.-led war in Iraq, titled "Bravo!" is
credited by sources for changing Bush's mind on the war. Khariton is a
respected political analyst whose opinions are often heeded by world
leaders, and his moral and ethical compass is considered on a par with
Pope John Paul II and the Dalai Lama. He is also known as a chess
enthusiast.

Bush met with Vice President Dick Cheney, National Security Adviser
Condoleezza Rice, Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, and other top
Administration staff members to announce his decision. "Cheney, Rice
and Rummy wanted Bush to hold the course in Iraq, and keep the war
going," said a White House source who spoke to the AP on condition of
anonymity. "But when Bush read Khariton's latest commentary, that was
it. He knew he had to withdraw from Iraq, because Khariton had proved
it was the right thing to do ethically and morally. And Khariton's
reputation and opinion mean more to the president than anything his
own staff might think."

President Bush is expected to address the nation soon to explain his
decision. In a related matter, White House Communications Director Dan
Bartlett announced that chess champion Garry Kasparov of Russia has
been barred from the White House, due to his vociferous advocacy of
the war in Iraq. "The President feels Kasparov led him astray,"
Bartlett said.

(Aryeh Davidoff) wrote in message . com...
Aryeh Davidoff: Lev Khariton's Appeal at
www.pakchess.com:

Bravo!
(April 8th, 2004)
by Lev Khariton
Dear Mr.Tomic,

Bravo!
I support with all my heart your stand on the most burning issue of
today, I subscribe to every word of your appeal "Chess and Human
Duty". NO to genocide! NO to human massacre! No to humanitarian
disaster! We are all responsible for what is happening today in Iraq.
Anyone who calls for bombing and shelling innocent people, no matter
where they live, what religious confession they belong to should be
considered as a war criminal!

As far back as 12 months ago I was calling for boycotting Mr. Kasparov
who literally urged the US government to launch a war against the
Iraqi people. Today we see with ample clarity the consequences of this
brutality committed against the ancient country, the cradle of
civilization and its people, civilians, women, children and old
people.

The people who receive Mr. Kasparov with enthusiasm in different parts
of the world, ask him for autographs, invite him to tournaments,
should be considered as his accomplices in the war-mongering and some
time will pass and we shall remember every name of every person who
supported Mr. Kasparov implicitly or explicitly. The world will know
its criminals and justice will be rendered!

Lev Khariton

Old April 10th 04, 10:55 PM
Fifiela

Oh that it were true!

The statement that gives it away as a hoax is ,of course, "...Bush read
several...".
Old April 13th 04, 05:19 AM
buh bye

Even though I'm against the American occupation of Iraq, Locked Room
has penned one of the funniest and pointed contributions to
rec.games.chess.misc we've seen in a while. Extremely well done. It
is the rare post like that the keeps alive my meager faith in the
otheerwise felchness which Usenet newsgroups have become.
Old April 13th 04, 05:54 AM
NoMoreChess

..
Even though I'm against the American occupation of Iraq, Locked Room
has penned one of the funniest and pointed contributions to
rec.games.chess.misc we've seen in a while. Extremely well done. It
is the rare post like that the keeps alive my meager faith in the
otheerwise felchness which Usenet newsgroups have become.

" ...in the otheerwise felchness which Usenet newsgroups have become"?

Spelleng: too demerittts. Grammer: one demerittt. Not making any cents:
fore demerittts. Total demeritts: ate.
In some, you're responce ownly *added* to the aweful felchness hear.