Old April 13th 04, 01:42 AM
Douglas L Stewart

Default April rating supplement and golden database?

Anyone know what is going on with the April rating supplement? I haven't
received one yet. I remember the February one was late, too, but at least I
received notification from USCF that it was going to be late.

Even stranger, the April Golden Database isn't out. That was really
annoying at my recent tournament because I had to ask people for their
updated rating to figure out which prize category they fit in. It's also
annoying because there are several players who were new or renewed members
that were not in the February Golden Database.

---
Douglas L Stewart

President, Mississippi Chess Association

Old April 13th 04, 02:13 AM
Mike Nolan

"Douglas L Stewart" writes:

Anyone know what is going on with the April rating supplement? I haven't
received one yet. I remember the February one was late, too, but at least I
received notification from USCF that it was going to be late.

Even stranger, the April Golden Database isn't out.

We haven't been creating a new Golden Database every time, though that's
something that we could do fairly easily these days.

The February 2004 one is only the 3rd or 4th that has been created, the
previous one having been created in February of 2003.

I need to modify the program that creates the supplement files to build a
separate format for the Golden Database, and that will require some testing
to ensure that the pairing programs read it properly.
--
Mike Nolan