Old July 29th 12, 11:01 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Default William Pinney Chess Set Maker

On Wednesday, December 1, 1999 12:00:00 AM UTC-8, Anthony Mantia wrote:
I am trying to find out any information on William T. Pinney who made chess
sets in the 1930's and 1940's. The address on his sets was 811 Maltman Ave.
Los Angeles California. I have seen a picture of him from 1948 publication
with a group that was identified as the Los Feliz Chess Club. I am also
interested in aquiring any of his sets. Any help would be appreciated.

Are you still looking for information/pieces from the Wm T. Pinney company in Los Angeles, CA, I married into a family which William was apparently a part of. I have found several boxes, (in less than pristine condition but with his company labels still visible and a fair collection of chess pieces, again in various states of condition. I would be happy to send you photos of what I have and will try to find out as much information as I can for you on William T. Pinney.

John Maguire
Port Angeles, WA USA
Old February 7th 13, 06:15 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

I would love to see photos ! I use to play chess as a child in LA and I remember a few of the old timers with these sets ... I would love to see pictures of sets and labels. Fantastic!